A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
Based on what I saw, Luka Modric (Croatia) and Thibaut Courtois (Belgium), the BEST two players of the 2018 World Cup, "period, end of discussion." This is my FINAL comment of the 2018 World Cup, see you in the autumn (start date 21 November, final game on 18 December) of 2022 in Qatar, where @yaying will provide life updates from the ground.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Thanks for the reminder, I am on my way out of the door and will stop at the local sport store for another couple of pairs of RED sox (currently out of RED sox and that is NOT a good thing).
Red Sox Withdrawal Syndrome....careful now.
One of the remedies is walking at least five kilometres or mentalising an elephant or rereading this thread from the beginning.
Best result : combining the three...;)

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
@Rick of Rick and Peg, with my walking clothing I display the "RED over RED over RED" which is better than displaying just "RED over RED" (we used to say RED over RED the captain is dead, actually the vessel is aground).

Wishing a good day to all active duty and retired Sailors wearing their GREEN sox, or their RED sox, or a combination of both (y no pares de caminar).

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
And now I elect our @Peter Fransiscus as our best and most faithful keeper of our menagerie!!
Second the motion. All in favor?
@Sailor, YOU should know, you've got to wear a GREEN sock on your starboard side.
Hahahaha. I do want to see a photo of that.
You can pretend it's a joke all you want. The main reason you are here is because everybody in your *real* life is bored by you talking about the Camino all the time.
Actually we're rarely talking about the camino here...but if you must know, it's how we practice not talking about the camino. So as to appear normal in the regular world.
As you can tell, we are abject failures at that.:cool:

Actually we're rarely talking about the camino here...but if you must know, it's how we practice not talking about the camino. So as to appear normal in the regular world.
Like, like, like x (times) lots ...
:cool:

PS ... definitely in favour :)

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
Red Sox Withdrawal Syndrome....careful now.
One of the remedies is walking at least five kilometres or mentalising an elephant or rereading this thread from the beginning.
Best result : combining the three...;)
I seriously tried doing that all at the same time, but kept bumping into red devils on the way.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Chikandrahanwakata. Ozymandias came across him just this morning. I caught Ozy scrolling through the thread. I could hear him saying over and over, just getting ready to trumpet: Chikandrahanwakata, Chikandrahanwakata. Glad I was able to remind him of the silent r before it was too late! Now he can pronounce it properly. In fact he can spell it as well. I actually think Ozy was looking for something to cheer up Peter Fransiscus...:):):)

Camino(s) past & future
Awwwwww, Ozy is so sweet.

What is really funny is if you google that.
Try it and see.:D:D:D
Yes, well done! I think it serves to sharpen us up to the certain knowledge that unless we entertain delusions like the Fabulous Emperor, and live in Cloud Cuckoo Land, there is no way to avoid being spotted. So, no more selfies, folks! and wouldn't it be quite funny for everyone to change their 'name' and continue posting, to try to identify and link the old and new identities! I think it is time for a coffee....

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
@Kanga, that new avatar is too funny.
May you be warm down there!
That’s really spooky ....:eek::oops:o_O
Yeah, a wake-up call in case we forgot we are being goofy in a public space. But no worries. It's for the public good. There is way too much out there that is too serious.
So, no more selfies, folks!
Red socks are likely safe.:cool:

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
So glad we’re getting back to the essentials of elephants trying to enter Volkswagens, giraffes invading bars, piglets with red socks, goats (yes, goats), penguins, cows and the whole menagerie.

I’m winding up to the next Camino shortly, and I imagine something like this (except they don’t all need to be camels):

Leading camels.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
So glad we’re getting back to the essentials of elephants trying to enter Volkswagens, giraffes invading bars, piglets with red socks, goats (yes, goats), penguins, cows and the whole menagerie.

I’m winding up to the next Camino shortly, and I imagine something like this (except they don’t all need to be camels):

View attachment 44591
Or " trust in god but tie up your camel".

Camino(s) past & future
How'd you do that, @kirkie?
Like! Naked elephants to the rescue.:eek::p
I copied it from a post on page 3 of the thread. I attached the copy which was static and then clicked again and got the animated version, the original. I just thought it worked well! And once more, domigee should be nearly hitting the ground with her bows of recognition for having started it all off!

Camino(s) past & future
So sweet! From days of innocence...

Ohh but can't we all be innocent when we want? And believe in magic?
After all by now we do know that elephants can use a peddle and a giraffe can skate...
We just have to go through that magic wand with these sentences : " We will take off our shoes and will only wear red sox. And we will be nice. Always ."

Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Thank you all I 'm honored

Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Who wants to run when we can walk at a leisurely pace and talk about serious and non serious things?
Mucha suerte Peter and rest well. Cheers for popping in.
It's so special that you my dearest friends doing so much good for me in Santiago. All the people praying for me in Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)

View attachment 44591
Those are pilgrims behind you, not camels! Can't you see the difference? You know how busy the Frances route is...maybe you could consider taking a detour to get away from all those crowds. :)

Camino(s) past & future
Yes, I know the feeling. Sometime (not far away) I will re-read this entire thread and re-live the good old days of November/December last year.

I wonder if elephants ever experience dementia?? :oops:
I have got to page 3. But seriously, I have work to do!!!! What’s your name again? Doesn’t it have a silent alphabet? :D:D:D

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
What’s your name again? Doesn’t it have a silent alphabet? :D:D:D
I guess it’s a tongue-twister, but it could have been a lot worse if including the special Nordic letters Æ, Ø and Å (yes, we have 28 letters in our alphabet). But I also answer to the name Steen (pronounced ‘steen’), that’s my first name :p

Camino(s) past & future
I guess it’s a tongue-twister, but it could have been a lot worse if including the special Nordic letters Æ, Ø and Å (yes, we have 28 letters in our alphabet). But I also answer to the name Steen (pronounced ‘steen’), that’s my first name :p
Steen in Dutch : stone or fortress or castle!
Come to Gent or Antwerp.

Okay, these are ‘groaners’ but thought I’d post them nevertheless ... ;)

Q: What do you get when you cross a giraffe with a hedgehog?
A: A twelve-foot toothbrush.

Q: Why are giraffes so slow to apologize?
A: It takes them a long time to swallow their pride.

A zookeeper lost his Bible during his lunch break at the zoo. Three weeks later, a giraffe walked up to him with the Bible in its mouth. The zookeeper couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He took his bible out of the giraffe’s mouth and said “It’s a miracle!” “No not really,” said the giraffe. “Your name is written inside the cover.”

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
Steen in Dutch : stone or fortress or castle!
Right! The name stems from the apostle Simon whom Jesus named ‘Kefas’ or in Greek Petros (Peter) which means rock because he was rock-steady in his faith and could be built upon. So Steen = Peter = rock. We are all related –humans and minerals :)

Come to Gent or Antwerp.
I have been in Belgium several times, primarily around Spa; that was where I learned (many years ago) that mayonnaise is good with French fries and roast chicken (to my surprise) is good with mashed apples :p

The Catholic Cardinals were these red socks to match the rest of their attire. :)
Yeah ... that fact has given rise to a shared running joke between my beloved and me ever since he caught me trying to give an online picture red socks.
Shades of Monty Python ... :rolleyes:;)
Unfortunately, I’m no good at using tech for art ... I can only paint and draw in the real world ...

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%