A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I can only paint and draw in the real world ...
If you have the skill to have painted your avatar, @chinacat, who needs to be able to do tech art?
That's for lesser mortals.;)
Meanwhile the laughs here have spread to other threads. I am still chuckling at this one, imagining a collective response of, "Woooahhh...Far out..." resulting from a spiked botafumerio.

Advertisment

yaying

Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
I guess it’s a tongue-twister, but it could have been a lot worse if including the special Nordic letters Æ, Ø and Å (yes, we have 28 letters in our alphabet). But I also answer to the name Steen (pronounced ‘steen’), that’s my first name :p
....i was on a hurry... clicking likes cramps my point finger.... but this letters...cramps my tummy!:D

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
days? or weeks? !!! welcome!
Oh I’m working my way through! I used to have a friend at work who called me “donkey”!
Another asked me why? I replied...he aw he aw he always calls me donkey!
Still on the elephants and red socks! Some hits and some misses but I’ve had to breathe into a brown paper bags a couple of times!
Still reading.....,

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Oh I’m working my way through! I used to have a friend at work who called me “donkey”!
Still on the elephants and red socks! Some hits and some misses but I’ve had to breathe into a brown paper bags a couple of times!
Still reading.....,
Jeez that is a first ...this thread makes people hyperventilate...:eek:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
:D:):cool: must say ...reading up on all these posts after taking a ( rather ) strong painkiller ( shoulder issue ) is extra hilarious....Cheers everyone.
Still reading.....,
Hi Sabine,
Just had an alert commenting on our prev
Jeez that is a first ...this thread makes people hyperventilate...:eek:
Hi Sabine,
Just had an alert for a comment on our previous! It was soooo serious! I haven’t stopped laughing!!!!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
@Rick of Rick and Peg, with my walking clothing I display the "RED over RED over RED" which is better than displaying just "RED over RED" (we used to say RED over RED the captain is dead, actually the vessel is aground).

Wishing a good day to all active duty and retired Sailors wearing their GREEN sox, or their RED sox, or a combination of both (y no pares de caminar).
Someone once commented on the fact I had one red sock on the left and a green one on the right! My reply?....I’ve got another pair like that at home!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Someone once commented on the fact I had one red sock on the left and a green one on the right! My reply?....I’ve got another pair like that at home!
Oh..and if you see me walking
oh! And if any of you guys walk next year and you see a poor pilgrim with L on his right boot and R on his left fell free to say hello!
I’m the dyslexic pilgrim from Endlang!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Welcome to this goofy corner of the Forum, @Bristle boy . You fit right in.
Nothing is so serious that we can giggle at it. Light relief for a too-serious world.
some of my well meant jokes on another thread got maybe righly so moderated.
Darn. I missed them.:confused:
those boots made me walk like Charlie Chaplin
That's the best way to walk down a steep hill. Seriously. And it entertains your fellow pilgrims, which is always a good thing.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I head off next Saturday! Can't believe it! so much to do before that can happen. Ozy is fine, he is minding the house just for a few days. Makes him feel important. View attachment 44674
Hi guys,
Back again...this thread has been so enjoyable (Elephants,socks,giraffes and cherry trees withstanding)!
It is a bit of an antidote to life...and not to be taken so seriously!
First Camino next year...a milestone in life and an opportunity to show my boys that their dad can put one step in front of the other without falling over...well not very often anyway!
If only that, but important for the company I will be keeping! A meeting, ironically, on this forum and has proved to be an absolute joy!
So there is an importance to this forum and a camaraderie that is so valued...not only for the information (massive) but the people you encounter!
To Sabine, my fault! It was only a juxtaposition that I felt humorous so no need to feel guilty..I have broad shoulders...and an unerring ability to hijack threads without realising! Mea culpa!
End of anything remotely serious...back to the elephants guys!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Is that a compliment?...about as off beam as the rest!...or perhaps on trend
It sure is, Bristle boy. A totally :eek: compliment. Did you read the whole shebang in one go? And I am so relieved I found your question when I had to run here looking for safety in this crazy thread after being totally bamboozled (don’t you love that word?) by the scientists and eggsperts on another thread. Time to quit, sign off, seek elusive sleep!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
It sure is, Bristle boy. A totally :eek: compliment. Did you read the whole shebang in one go? And I am so relieved I found your question when I had to run here looking for safety in this crazy thread after being totally bamboozled (don’t you love that word?) by the scientists and eggsperts on another thread. Time to quit, sign off, seek elusive sleep!
Have to admit...no! But got the humour and may go “off piste” from time to time...if that is at all possible!
I’m able to confuse as never belonged to a forum before and got a bit lost at first! There’s no doubt I might do on my Camino Magna!
Never mind...might have to find the thread with “walkers with no sense of direction”
Still you might have a year of me to go...and your assistance will be more valuable than mine...or we will all end up confused and lost!
At least I have passable Spanish and a bit better French to fall back on!
So if you see a guy fighting waiters...it’s me with my mangled Spanish!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Have to admit...no! But got the humour and may go “off piste” from time to time...if that is at all possible!
I’m able to confuse as never belonged to a forum before and got a bit lost at first! There’s no doubt I might do on my Camino Magna!
Never mind...might have to find the thread with “walkers with no sense of direction”
Still you might have a year of me to go...and your assistance will be more valuable than mine...or we will all end up confused and lost!
At least I have passable Spanish and a bit better French to fall back on!
So if you see a guy fighting waiters...it’s me with my mangled Spanish!
Hi Sabine,
Hope you read my mea culpa.

Thought it a throwaway comment that no-one would notice (well apart from 97 year old Dora researching mobiles on her Apple S ..stands for steam)

You guys were great and I chuckled with tears in my eyes!

Keep those beers chilled!

Camino(s) past & future
Hi Sabine,
Hope you read my mea culpa.

Thought it a throwaway comment that no-one would notice (well apart from 97 year old Dora researching mobiles on her Apple S ..stands for steam)

You guys were great and I chuckled with tears in my eyes!

Keep those beers chilled!
No harm done at all.
The moderators here do a pretty well job organising this forum and keeping everyone in line.
With such a diverse group of people it makes sense we have to be aware of cultural and age related differences .

Now ...go back to reading this thread thoroughly...we will organise a written revision test after schoolbreak.
Everyone passes by the way...:)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
And yes everyone also passes by : The Way.
Some maybe via some detours but that is ok too...
And some of us just get lost.:oops:
That said, the best scenery I ever saw on the camino was when I was lost. There must be a message in there somewhere.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
And some of us just get lost.:oops:
That said, the best scenery I ever saw on the camino was when I was lost. There must be a message in there somewhere.
Well one lost soul here then (back to no sense of direction again). Am at the Crammer as we speak but the memory of a goldfish...and elephants never forget!
Setting the bar low!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
No harm done at all.
The moderators here do a pretty well job organising this forum and keeping everyone in line.
With such a diverse group of people it makes sense we have to be aware of cultural and age related differences .

Now ...go back to reading this thread thoroughly...we will organise a written revision test after schoolbreak.
Everyone passes by the way...:)
Nice reply Sabine...written test eh

Camino(s) past & future
But I am afraid. In case you did not know, Ireland has been blessed with Continental summer like weather, to the point that we have drought warnings and restrictions (someone I know 'misswrote' draught!!!). If I take Ozy away from his watering hole, he could suffer. Yes, we will be walking along by the banks of a river. But he has never seen a river, he's too young. He could fall in and drown. I could never get him out. And anyway, he hasn't got his socks yet. They are en route from Rome. I think the next door neighbour will mind him, and check in every evening to see that he is comfy. and he can fill me in on any Russian spies hanging around the vicinity. He's good like that, has a great sense of how to read people.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Loved the posting...still trying hard to work my way through...second day!
I’ve got my own personal consultant now so sticking with the one opinion...they’ve done four or more so should have some valid opinions and the more you read..the more some things vary! What works for one doesn’t for others! Anyway, I’m the guy NOT to follow!
I’ll probably end up arguing with the Archbish of Canterbury telling him I’ve walked a long way (and some on water) and I demand to see his swingy thingy!...and why isn’t he speaking Spanish!...told you no sense of direction!!!
Don’t quite get the red socks...I seriously don’t!...my money is on Father Christmas (Santa Claus to others)!! Or perhaps there is a foot fetish going on here

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
If a moderator deletes or edits a post do you get a notification or is a PM sent? Does the moderator do so or does the software do it automatically?
In the past I have received a PM giving me heads up about changes, deletions, or for me to do some modifications, we have good decent moderators, they do a good job. Seriously.

Camino(s) past & future
If a moderator deletes or edits a post do you get a notification or is a PM sent? Does the moderator do so or does the software do it automatically?
You know, sometimes I just have to walk away from the keyboard. I have a weird sense of humour so in some not not serious threads( who is my model here with a kinda double negative?) the way things are put just make me laugh out loud and I really have to hold on to my typing fingers... anyway, seriously: for the first time today, I believe, I read about a Bot on the forum. Also, Sailor, sounds like you have been minding your step for a while... I did not know, nor do I need to, what you were put in quarantine for, but just happy to see that it has kept you on the straight and narrow. If I have been moderated, it was done by stealth! I am not a member of any other forum, but seeing things sometimes on news or whatever, people can be really brutal. My goodness, aren’t we civilised, mostly? Otherwise, most of us would disappear. Speaking of which, c’mon Samantha, twitch your nose, time for me to be gone!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
@kirkie

Is that a Bot, as in fly, or a little cyber creature that scuttles around the internet?
Was it on here?
Which thread?

I share the temptations of your typing fingers sometimes ... ;)
Hi Kirkie,
I feel similar! Perhaps we are surrounded by individual bots to ourselves! I shall call mine the Bristlebots! I can hear them and sense their presence every time I write now! I cannot see them or swat them...they are always there when my stubby (and sometimes careless) fingers touch the keyboard! They become louder when the injection of humour is added to my post! They are now my reminder that sometimes humour is subjective and not necessarily shared! They are quiet at the moment but become a buzzing swarm at other times....
Here’s to your bots...

Camino(s) past & future
As long as these Bots wear red sox I am all in favour.;)

I could write a long essay about the meaning of " bot " in Dutch and local dialect here but then again who is interested in semantics and vocabulary when weather is so brutally hot....?

No Fitou here but a nice cold Albariño.

Hmm talking about keyboards : I finally have access to a laptop again ( after too much fiddling on my irritating cellphone ). Gosh this screen is huge!!

Desperately wating for the autumn.... 21st of September : opening of the new knitting season. Tea/coffee and biscuits and open house chez Sabine every second Sunday of the month between 3 and 5 pm.

Camino(s) past & future
The heat continues, it is noon, currently about 90f/32c here in my area and it is going to get hotter for the next three days. Leaving now to my local library, should be cooler there!
I really feel for you Sailor. You experience this kind of weather more of course but can you ever get used to it?
All the best and enjoy the cool ( in more than one way ) library.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
As long as these Bots wear red sox I am all in favour.;)

I could write a long essay about the meaning of " bot " in Dutch and local dialect here but then again who is interested in semantics and vocabulary when weather is so brutally hot....?

No Fitou here but a nice cold Albariño.

Hmm talking about keyboards : I finally have access to a laptop again ( after too much fiddling on my irritating cellphone ). Gosh this screen is huge!!

Desperately wating for the autumn.... 21st of September : opening of the new knitting season. Tea/coffee and biscuits and open house chez Sabine every second Sunday of the month between 3 and 5 pm.
Hi Sabine,
Languages are interesting! Bots can have another meaning in English...more of a diminutive...enough said on that one!
The story of me and Fitou wine is a long one and goes back... a lovely experience and was having a meal by myself in Fitou itself and although my French is fluent(ish) when I get there...it isn’t all embracing and like any second language can be misinterpreted!
To cut a long story short instead of ordering a glass I ended up with a rather large carafe!
Well I was in the bar next door with that carafe until 5 in the morning and my flight left from carcassonne at 11!.....happy days!
The locals were great!

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
But I am afraid. In case you did not know, Ireland has been blessed with Continental summer like weather, to the point that we have drought warnings and restrictions (someone I know 'misswrote' draught!!!). If I take Ozy away from his watering hole, he could suffer. Yes, we will be walking along by the banks of a river. But he has never seen a river, he's too young. He could fall in and drown. I could never get him out. And anyway, he hasn't got his socks yet. They are en route from Rome. I think the next door neighbour will mind him, and check in every evening to see that he is comfy. and he can fill me in on any Russian spies hanging around the vicinity. He's good like that, has a great sense of how to read people.
Darn!

I was going to draft Ozy into my business located next to the Emperor's clothing stand right of Hontanas and left of... He was going to be the lead elephant for pilgrim transport.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 163 25.5%