• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

Advertisment

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Morning all...or if on a different time zone..good evening!
I live in the land of Banksy and a few other graffiti artists so the medium is all around!
I thought I’d share a bit of literative graffiti which I hope starts (or ends) your day with a chuckle! Seen on a wall near me!

I like grils!
Underneath someone else had added
Don’t you mean girls!
And finally someone else had added...
What’s the matter with us grils then!

Have a good day y’all!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Yesterday Peg told me she vacuumed the floors. With some enquiry I got her to confess that actually she had only vacuumed the top of the floors.

P.S. I lived on a river for over 30 years. As I wrote the above I could hear an engine coming downstream. I got up to look as it sounded so different from all the other boats I've heard. A powered para-sailor flew by. I've often thought that it would be a kick to do that.

Edit: It just flew by heading upstream.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Ah reminds me of the Muppets...Pigs in Space!!!!!
Don't mind me : I am melting here with outside temps of 37 Celsius.
Give me an hour and I really see pigs flying...
I know! I think we are in for a thunderstorm today....always do!! That might ground all flights for a while!....Pigs in Space!...!
Well...the first cosmonaut was a Russian dog!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Ah reminds me of the Muppets...Pigs in Space!!!!!
Don't mind me : I am melting here with outside temps of 37 Celsius.
Give me an hour and I really see pigs flying...
This posting must have triggered a bit of a feeling of nostalgia in me...so this afternoon I opened a (small) bottle of my favourite chateau collapseau ‘76 and thought back!
Pinky and Perky. Rag,Tag and Bobtail! Torchy the battery Boy and Twizzle! Not forgetting The woodentops! Anyone else remember these and further?.....

Sailor

Donante Vitalicio
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Infinito
On my next walk in the area I will check and see if they have any plaque identifying those creatures.
No, no plaques to identify the statues, but they are sea creatures (standing next to them they look like sea horses) and under them I could see several statues of sea turtles (photo of one of them on my previous post). Buena suerte, y no pares de caminar.

Wait a minute now, talking about eyes . . . I know about third eye, magic eye, and evil eye (note, Inside my backpack I carry one "evil eye" I brought from Turkey, just like the one hanging on the link).

http://www.turkeytravelcentre.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Turkish-evil-eye.jpg
That’s too beautiful to be evil ... I had no idea they were called ‘evil eyes’..

Have you heard of the (wild) front ear, though?
My little brother seriously thought Davey Crockett had one .... :D

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
That’s too beautiful to be evil ... I had no idea they were called ‘evil eyes’..

Have you heard of the (wild) front ear, though?
My little brother seriously thought Davey Crockett had one .... :D
My brothers all had Davy Crocket hats, and never once did I ever see ithe wild frontier as you write it! Hilarious!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
They should have flown on Dumbo or the thingy flying past Bristle boy's place this morning.
From the corner, in small voice: I will have to pass on this one, I am terrified of going near fb.... nah! Just joking but I really don’t go near them in case they know. I should be on my feet, my Vaselined feet, because today I’m heading out the door and will be walking for a week. Eek! At my age my mother was happy enough toddling to the bus stop! And the threatened break in the weather is hovering overhead...
Maybe I will look in, but will keep you all somewhere in my side pockets. Pack is fairly light, given that we have to go for luxury, ie bed and breakfast. Tiny daysack has gone out to make way for ipad... Ozy says nothing, he is just standing, looking. He knows. But I did tell him he would meet some of you soon so I think he is happy enough with that. Cost him a lot to see vnwalking walking out the door without him. But, he’s wise. You don’t survive long in the desert without wisdom. Buen camino folks!

yaying

Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Morning all...or if on a different time zone..good evening!
I live in the land of Banksy and a few other graffiti artists so the medium is all around!
I thought I’d share a bit of literative graffiti which I hope starts (or ends) your day with a chuckle! Seen on a wall near me!

I like grils!
Underneath someone else had added
Don’t you mean girls!
And finally someone else had added...
What’s the matter with us grils then!

Have a good day y’all!
bwahahahaha

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Cost him a lot to see vnwalking walking out the door without him.
Awww. But I whispered in his lovely big ear that he is there to keep the house safe, @kirkie. As you know, he takes the responsibility very seriously - so he'll be watching out for trouble and promised to trumpet loud enough to hear it in Cork should anything happen. He'll miss you, but a few bananas when you return should set things right.
Buen camino, peregrina!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I had a lovely “father and son” the other day about my experiences and felt it worthy of sharing!
“I am going for a long walk next year so will need you to look after the house and dogs for about five weeks”
“Where are you going dad?”
“Well I’m going to walk across Spain!”
“But dad, you can’t even walk back from the pub on a Saturday night...the taxi driver brings you back”
“I know...but he knows where I live...I don’t”
“Why are you wearing those red socks?”
“Well, apparently, they are ‘de rigeur’ and I’m getting into the spirit of things! It’s a great idea as well if I take all the same colour no problem with wearing odd ones”
“But dad, you have no sense of direction!”
“No problem...apparently the drink of choice isn’t water...perfect “get out of jail” excuse!
“Why the black eye dad?”
“Well I’m getting into practice..apparently you knock on doors and ask for a bed for the night..well you know that nice widow next door?”
“You didn’t dad?”
“Well it’s in the name of practice!”
“And what do you get from it dad?”
“Well apart from lost...a sense of achievement in all possible ways I’m on this forum where the talk is about elephants, flamingoes and the like...I see them on my Saturday night out when I go for my walk and talk to people I’ve never met...it’s perfect for a dinosaur like me”
“A full five weeks dad?”

“Yep...see you next year!”

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
From the corner, in small voice: I will have to pass on this one, I am terrified of going near fb.... nah! Just joking but I really don’t go near them in case they know. I should be on my feet, my Vaselined feet, because today I’m heading out the door and will be walking for a week. Eek! At my age my mother was happy enough toddling to the bus stop! And the threatened break in the weather is hovering overhead...
Maybe I will look in, but will keep you all somewhere in my side pockets. Pack is fairly light, given that we have to go for luxury, ie bed and breakfast. Tiny daysack has gone out to make way for ipad... Ozy says nothing, he is just standing, looking. He knows. But I did tell him he would meet some of you soon so I think he is happy enough with that. Cost him a lot to see vnwalking walking out the door without him. But, he’s wise. You don’t survive long in the desert without wisdom. Buen camino folks!
Buen camino you.

Happy trails, @kirkie :)
Buen camino!

PS Weather will be improving ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
If @bristol boy had been on this thread from the beginning it would have probably hit 5000 posts by now instead of the paltry 2500+ mark! ;) Hey Ivar, does this thread win the gold medal for the most responses, even if the topic has changed hundreds of times? Lol!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2014
Portuguese 2015
Via Francigena 2016
Kumano Kodo, Japan 2017
VdlP 2018 to be cont’d

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
That’s what we need..but a giraffe for the high balls would be better!
Do you know what Sabine? I mulled over what route would be best for me and the answer was obvious for a chap with no sense of direction.....El Norte!!!!!
Sea right...land left!
Perfect yes or choose the Portugues. Ocean left and land right.
No seriously now...you will be ok with the directions.
It will all work out...I still think that for a first Camino the Frances is ideal.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Perfect yes or choose the Portugues. Ocean left and land right.
No seriously now...you will be ok with the directions.
It will all work out...I still think that for a first Camino the Frances is ideal.
It’s ok Sabine!...I only speak in metaphors,a great dollop of artistic licence and, hopefullyhumour....in truth
You may miss Santiago but you'll get to Muxia.
ha ha Rick....or I could end up in Gibraltar!

Camino(s) past & future
Yellow arrows?? Does that mean we have to look out for RED indians!
Yes, but if you see anyone walking wearing red socks, you will know they are NOT serious people! Stop them and say hello! They may be members of this thread! :D

Camino(s) past & future
Ok Bitter Kas for you....Red!!

View attachment 44958
Ok, I've never seen this before. I loved Kas orange soda on the Camino for a mid afternoon break...is this a hybrid version of that, or true spirits?...and the bottle is even RED!
We in the USA, never create a mix of the two (at least I don't think so.) Maybe it's the best of both worlds! ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Ok, I've never seen this before. I loved Kas orange soda on the Camino for a mid afternoon break...is this a hybrid version of that, or true spirits?...and the bottle is even RED!
I do not have a clue, sorry. Only notice on the bottle it is no alcohol.Always a good idea when you still have to walk some kilometres.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
We in the USA, never creaye a mix the two (at least I don't think so.) Maybe it's the best of both worlds! ;)
Oh just noticed...sin alcohol!...aperitif then!

Camino(s) past & future

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%