• Missing the daily forum e-mail? Subscribe again.
  • All Wise Pilgrim Guides now come with a free Finisterre/Muxia Guide.
    Order online or pick one up at Casa Ivar in Santiago if that is easier.
A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
In order to not fall out - like a safety belt in a helicopter.
Not to get me started about elephants in helicopters.;)
Edit...but this is irresistible. Baby elephants 'helicopter' when they begin to come to terms with their noses.

Editedit. :eek:
I win the NOT serious thread today. 3200!!! Seriously?!
The house is on me for you all.:cool:
I’m still with the singing elephants..can’t take another...oops he’s fallen over!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
@VNwalking, you DO win today, being #3200!
Actually, we ALL win! Isn't it the best?
And @domigee is the one who really hit the jackpot, without even knowing it.
(Where on earth is @domigee , anyway?? Last seen in early July and still walking some silly camino - not taking care of NOT serious things.
:p:p:p)

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Did you use a corkscrew?
Yes. But that was just the start. The real damage was done after she finished the bottle.
Did it look like candyfloss when you were done?
I don't have the courage to look now that her mind has been twisted to be more like mine.
Anyway, elephants tend to be gentle creatures, unless threatened ....
Oh but you don't want to be close if they are being tickled. If you pick a giant red cherry and it feels woolly you are too close. The good news, if you managed to get away in time and the elephant tied herself to the tree, is that you can pick every ripe cherry there from the ground instead of the branches.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Hehe good luck to everyone to unRavel these last posts....
That's not the trouble. For us latecomers, it's just that you used up everyone and we have to dig deep to keep going. I'll just have to pull out di Lasso and catch those baby elephants, I guess. But it's hard - they're stampeding on a Tallis slope.
where’s the groan smilie when you need it ... :D:p
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I say.

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
That's not the trouble. For us latecomers, it's just that you used up everyone and we have to dig deep to keep going. I'll just have to pull out de Lasso and catch those baby elephants, I guess. But it's hard - they're stampeding on a Tallis slope.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, I say.
The (Douglas) Moore the merrier!

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
The elephants had a great time today ... ‘Chase the Peanut’ in a mud bath ;)
Now I just have to clean up the Mess I eNcouraged
Did you hear about Mr. Peanut. He died whilst watching a parade of elephants. He was dressed as a peanut, an elephant mistook him... well, you can surmise the rest.

Joke told on Mary Tyler Moore show decades ago. Saw rerun within this late year.

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
“Clinch” .... a sort of hug ... a tight cuddle ... as when two boxers hold each other close ... for momentary relief from hitting each other :rolleyes:
It can be used for a cuddle between lovers, too .... though that use is rather old-fashioned ;)
Like " to woo"...or " courtship "..
Nowadays people just seem to " swipe and Tinder "....

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Starting my annual two week walk about Friday! Back pack almost prepared!...or should that be Nellie’s packed her bags..
All things rural and the “open road” beckons!
A dry run (unless it rains)..sans (or should that be sin...all things 21st century!)
Have fun you guys!
Hope the sun shines for you...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Hard to believe it’s nearly 40 years since she died ...

My apologies to any whose sense of humour doesn’t ‘chime’ with that of a genteel, very funny lady of the mid-to-late 20th century ...

Unfortunately Ive never heard of her (nor half of the other apparently famous names thrown in this thread ocassionally). I guess I've lived too sheltered of a life or it's a European thing. Ha.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
I have no idea what you are saying, Kirkie! Did I miss something early on? I don't wanna plow through 3200+ posts to possibly find out!
I was trying to find someone you might have heard of. Del Shannon. Hats off to Larry was one of his songs. That’s all! No sleep to be lost over it!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.7%