A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

I have no idea what you are saying, Kirkie! Did I miss something early on? I don't wanna plow through 3200+ posts to possibly find out!
This lady is from the US ... possibly the best female blues artiste around today ...
there are many live versions of this on youtube (the best have recently been removed :rolleyes: ) but they are probably too far ott for here ;)

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Nice! –thank you.

As I get you are into the blues, here is one for you @chinacat , the Danish blues singer Sanne Salomonsen doing the old classic Were Blue Begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m481mjvdQDE

(I fiddle a little with the blues guitar myself :cool:)
I loved it ... thank you!!!

It’s turning out to be a rich day for new music :cool:

Have you recorded anything, @stgcph ?
... that you could post here?

And yes ... love the blues ... ❤️

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Have you recorded anything, @stgcph ?
... that you could post here?
Oh no! I’m nowhere near professional. I try to play Albert King style –in my opinion he is one of the greatest. Here’s one where he plays his famous Gibson Flying V (you will notice, that he plays left handed and that his guitar is stringed ‘upside down’ with the bass strings at the bottom).

Oh no! I’m nowhere near professional. I try to play Albert King style –in my opinion he is one of the greatest. Here’s one where he plays his famous Gibson Flying V (you will notice, that he plays left handed and that his guitar is stringed ‘upside down’ with the bass strings at the bottom).

Love Albert King .... :cool:

I just wondered if you’d recorded yourself ever ... :)
That deck set-up of yours leads me to believe that you are no slouch when it comes to ‘hi fi’ equipment ;)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
A bit of explanation required!
It’s quoted from a nonsense poem of the 1700’s
Here goes....
Hey Diddle diddle
The cat and the fiddle
The cow jumped over the moon
The little dog laughed to see such fun
And the dish ran away with the spoon!

Thought itcapt for a bit of silliness and a line related (a bit)!
Have fun!

Here goes....
Hey Diddle diddle
The cat and the fiddle

Have fun!
And I thought it was a Nursery Rhyme! :D

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
An abrupt ending .... :(
... to a great number :cool:
Yes, I know; it was an early recording. He later developed it further -and better.
Did you know that he was nicknamed 'the purple bulldozer'? He practiced for 7 years before he ever played in public (blues is hard to do) and in those years he worked at the New York Harbour driving a bulldozer and because he was so black, in the light on the stage his face sometimes appeared almost purple...

Yes, I know; it was an early recording. He later developed it further -and better.
Did you know that he was nicknamed 'the purple bulldozer'? He practiced for 7 years before he ever played in public (blues is hard to do) and in those years he worked at the New York Harbour driving a bulldozer and because he was so black, in the light on the stage his face sometimes appeared almost purple...
No... I didn’t ... :)
... knew about the guitar, though ... ;)

When I was playing the video, my beloved walked past and said: “who’s that? Albert King?”

Do you like Stevie Ray Vaughan? ... another talented life cut short ...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Here goes....
Hey Diddle diddle
The cat and the fiddle

Have fun!
Now THAT I relate to! It was a nursery rhyme when I was a kid. There is no explanation as it's just a bunch of nonsense...like this NOT serious thread "usually" is! ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Ok, everybody: Tenshun! Eyes straight ahead! On your marks, get set... no more deviations from not serious content. We need a new thread for Noostalgia. That was a typo, but I quite like it. Who will be brave enough to start a new thread? Of Noostalgia? Camino Chris, you are so right. Thanks for calling us back to centre. Centre? Center? Hah!

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Ok, everybody: Tenshun! Eyes straight ahead! On your marks, get set... no more deviations from not serious content. We need a new thread for Noostalgia. That was a typo, but I quite like it. Who will be brave enough to start a new thread? Of Noostalgia? Camino Chris, you are so right. Thanks for calling us back to centre. Centre? Center? Hah!
#post 3441, was on way before reading #3440

On FB someone asked for bathroom names in Spanish.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Do they name their bathrooms? Mines called Doris!
I don't remember about Spain except they often had cute metal plaques on the doors, one denoting a female wearing a dress, and another with a man wearing pants, which is pretty straightforward.
However, on the Le Puy route this past June, I took this photo on a bathroom door. Look closely at both drawings. ;) Screenshot_2018-08-16-16-01-09.jpg

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
I don't remember about Spain except they often had cute metal plaques on the doors, one denoting a female wearing a dress, and another woth a man wearing pants, which is pretty straightforward.
However, on the Le Puy route the past June, I took this photo on a bathroom door. Look closely at both drawings. ;) View attachment 45461
:D This picture was posted recently on another thread, and someone had a priceless response to it. I hope he sees this and repeats it here!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I deleted a sign post.
It was a bit too much.
Thank you from my eyes, for deleting it @nycwalking, whatever it was.
But I have to say...it's astonishing and a credit to our collective maturity (HA!) that it's taken us over 3300 posts to finally succumb to primal humor about bodily functions and parts.
I have no red socks but it does leave me red-faced, so it's good for something...:oops:;)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you from my eyes, for deleting it @nycwalking, whatever it was.
But I have to say...it's astonishing and a credit to our collective maturity (HA!) that it's taken us over 3300 posts to finally succumb to primal humor about bodily functions and parts.
I have no red socks but it does leave me red-faced, so it's good for something...:oops:;)
The very last from me on this subject...ha!
I still think it’s an accident waiting to happen!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
The very last from me on this subject...ha!
I still think it’s an accident waiting to happen!
Well, we've all gotten carried away at some point.;)
But I DO hope we can stay on the silly side of the street, rather than the grungy one.
Besides being cleaner, it's actually a whole lot funnier (Well, just my opinion, FWIW...).

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Well, we've all gotten carried away at some point.;)
But I DO hope we can stay on the silly side of the street, rather than the grungy one.
Besides being cleaner, it's actually a whole lot funnier (Well, just my opinion, FWIW...).
It is...and may the laughs continue! This thread is a joy..can’t tell you the chuckles I have had on this, and so many other subjects!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Hi folks! What is happening today that is not so serious? Ok. It oís raining! And it will rain all day long according to the forecast. how funny is that? Depends on your point of view!
View attachment 45468
Well it’s not raining here Kirkie....yet!
The sun shines on the righteous...(now I don’t believe that for one minute)!...
The weather girls got that wrong...it doesn’t rain men..here! It usually rains cats and dogs!

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Well it’s not raining here Kirkie....yet!
The sun shines on the righteous...(now I don’t believe that for one minute)!...
The weather girls got that wrong...it doesn’t rain men..here! It usually rains cats and dogs!
Ah talking about being on the silly side of the street ( yes indeed @VNwalking ) : the wonders of getting lost in translation. Like " raining cats and dogs "...First time I heard that in English class I found it kind of funny ( being Dutch speaking ).

Can you imagine the bewilderment when I heard a Flemish guy suggesting to his English colleague : " So tonight we are going to put the flowers outside "... The Englishman almost had three pots of houseplants in his arms to put out on the street where in fact it is just a general expression to tell your guests you will go out for food and drink and have a good time....;)

Ok, now I'm writing it down I hardly know if I'm making any sense. to you all...But then again when do I ?....:p

Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Ah talking about being on the silly side of the street ( yes indeed @VNwalking ) : the wonders of getting lost in translation. Like " raining cats and dogs "...First time I heard that in English class I found it kind of funny ( being Dutch speaking ).

Can you imagine the bewilderment when I heard a Dutch guy suggesting to his English colleague : " So tonight we are going to put the flowers outside "... The Englishman almost had three pots of houseplants in his arms to put out on the street where in fact it is just a general expression to tell your guests you will go out for food and drink and have a good time....;)

Ok, now I'm writing it down I hardly know if I'm making any sense. to you all...But then again when do I ?....:p
Sorry Sabine! My bad!....have to remember idioms are not so inclusive on this thread!
I’ll be doing a thousand lines along with my revision...failed miserably!
The Spanish have a lovely idiom (well some of them do) for when it’s cold...and I’ll try to get this right!
When it’s cold they say “ hace frio...como el agua del Rio” ...it’s as cold as the waters of the river!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
What is happening today that is not so serious?
On this side of the ditch everything is way too serious. ;)
But it's nighttime and soon I'm headed for bed...and I guarantee my dreams will not be.
Can you imagine the bewilderment when I heard a Flemish guy suggesting to his English colleague : " So tonight we are going to put the flowers outside "... The Englishman almost had three pots of houseplants in his arms to put out on the street where in fact it is just a general expression to tell your guests you will go out for food and drink and have a good time....;)
Language...and expressions that are 'false friends'...well, Hahahahahaha:D:D:D
Night, all!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Isn’t that a Bob Marley hit! “Jamoning”
Think it’s Jamming!
:D:D I figured this was connected to the earlier word play, but I just couldn't quite get it sorted in my head. Now that I realize both posts were from you, I've finally got it all clear. Gosh, the twists and turns of this thread .......! :D

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
We can add this to our special camino.
I want to see you try that!?!

oh yes, I remember I think ... de bloemekes buiten zetten ... ha

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.

Ah yes...bloemekes...so much softer in Flemish...more poetic than the official Dutch bloemen.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
And how about some blooming scallops with garlic butter and parsley... once in a
View attachment 45488 Does no harm...
It does no harm!...was just finishing my time at the coal face when this came up...so hungry!!
Went into M&S and bought two (yes two) dinners for one..into the microwave!!!!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Omg I haven’t got time to read it all, so much to catch up! Just flew back this afternoon after 900 k + (the + is because I still managed to get lost lol)
You all seem as mad as ever :cool::cool::cool: Thank you for that! :D

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
Welcome back home to our lovely and slightly insane nonseriously albergue.. ;):)
Did you see my elephant and his friend the mouse on your Way? I got a postcard from Burgos some weeks ago.. They wrote that they have been making slow progess. Elephant have run out of Comped and Mouse have been carring both there backpacks for a while.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Just flew back this afternoon after 900 k + (the + is because I still managed to get lost lol)
A camino is much less fun when you don't get lost - and getting lost makes for much more interesting and amusing stories. So very warmly welcome back @domigee!...hee hee...and lets hear them...;)
(The stories, I mean.......)

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
Welcome back home to our lovely and slightly insane nonseriously albergue.. ;):)
Did you see my elephant and his friend the mouse on your Way? I got a postcard from Burgos some weeks ago.. They wrote that they have been making slow progess. Elephant have run out of Comped and Mouse have been carring both there backpacks for a while.
LOL

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
You have been much missed!!!
Good to see you again :)

That’s quite a lot of ‘lost’ kms ... where, when, how, why???
Well, 800 km (ish) from St Jean to Santiago then 100 km (ish) from Ferrol ....back to Santiago. Whilst walking to Bruma I decided to go my own way :oops: (as you do)... So ended up walking more hills than necessary. I needed space to think :D
Ps: I never said I was ‘sane’ or even ‘reasonable’ :D:D:p

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%