A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I never said I was ‘sane’ or even ‘reasonable’ :D:D:p
But that just means you just rang up the 3400th post on this wonderful thread.:):):)
Anyway, who cares if you/we are crazy? We're a happy bunch in our little NOT serious bubble. I'll take this over strongly held opinions about (whatever...fill in the blank) any day.:cool:

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Well, 800 km (ish) from St Jean to Santiago then 100 km (ish) from Ferrol ....back to Santiago. Whilst walking to Bruma I decided to go my own way :oops: (as you do)... So ended up walking more hills than necessary. I needed space to think :D
Ps: I never said I was ‘sane’ or even ‘reasonable’ :D:D:p
Now, who accused you of those qualities? Let’s set up a tribunal...once more, welcome back to crazy land. And such restraint, not even a peep on the forum during all that time. An example to follow...

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
my dinner last night was...
all mixed together fried in very low heat.
'tuna, potatoes, carrots & peaaaaaaaanuuuuuttttbbbbbuuuutttteerrr'
not sure if my upset tummy today was related to what i ate last night.o_O
Hey, yaying, was that a "real recipe" from your neck of the woods, or was it your own concoction thrown together? Just curious...seriously! :)

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
? route TBD for April (2019)
Well, 800 km (ish) from St Jean to Santiago then 100 km (ish) from Ferrol ....back to Santiago. Whilst walking to Bruma I decided to go my own way :oops: (as you do)... So ended up walking more hills than necessary. I needed space to think :D
Being sane and reasonable is boring. Bravo on going your own way. Did you end up in Kokomo? Aruba Jamaica..ooh I wanna take ya to Burmuda, Bahamas come on pretty mamma, Key Largo, Montigo....Camino ...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Being sane and reasonable is boring. Bravo on going your own way. Did you end up in Kokomo? Aruba Jamaica..ooh I wanna take ya to Burmuda, Bahamas come on pretty mamma, Key Largo, Montigo....Camino ...
Now you've done it...ya got me singin' that song! ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
May his striving for goodness in the world live on and may he rest in peace.
This is one heck of a week as far as good people moving on. :(
May we all follow in his footsteps, walking in the light and saying no to darkness.

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
@Iriebabel, are you new to this goofy thread that knows no limits of silliness? ;)
I’ve been here and there and around this goofy thread. I may be know in some circles as the cyborg turtle but shhhhh im hiding ;).. I have bee missing in action 3 months post camino and finally pulled my head out ...of my shell that is...long enough to finish my post camino summary and give my 2 centavos to such a worthy thread. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...yborg-turtle-with-post-camino-thoughts.57400/ . I decided to finally grace you all with my presence lol.

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future
This is one heck of a week as far as good people moving on. :(
May we all follow in his footsteps, walking in the light and saying no to darkness.
As the saying goes...their is one heck of a party going on up there with a kick a** band , amazing spoken words and amazing singers

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
As the saying goes...their is one heck of a party going on up there with a kick a** band , amazing spoken words and amazing singers
I was thinking this too.
There will be friends aplenty to greet the new arrivals. It's quite a thought.

yaying

Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Hey, yaying, was that a "real recipe" from your neck of the woods, or was it your own concoction thrown together? Just curious...seriously! :)
im cooking that every friday (for real) and will have it as b-fast, lunch & dinner, any left over will be for the next day. who know's somewhere out there is as weird as like meo_O, doing the same, who love carrots, potatoes & ppppppppnnnnnuuuuttttbbbuuutteerrrr.:p

Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
I’ve been here and there and around this goofy thread. I may be know in some circles as the cyborg turtle but shhhhh im hiding ;).. I have bee missing in action 3 months post camino and finally pulled my head out ...of my shell that is...long enough to finish my post camino summary and give my 2 centavos to such a worthy thread. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...yborg-turtle-with-post-camino-thoughts.57400/ . I decided to finally grace you all with my presence lol.
Just read your post-camino thoughts, beautifully written, moving and inspiring. Thank you and congratulations, campeona! :)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
World needs at least two light replacements.
Because, we lost two high beams this week.

Seriously.
No kidding. They were super wattage, those two. We may not he hi-beams, but fortunately all of us have some light. And even a teeny LED can light up a whole room. We just need to remember to shine...it's our job here.

Thanks for the laughter, everyone - It makes trying to do that a whole lot less heavy, to come here and know there will at least be a guaranteed smile....if not a literal LOL....

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
:D:D:D

This one came in an email from “Care International”!!
You should see my Inbox every day :oops::D:p
Ah where are the days when people wrote each other letters? You know on paper and with a pen and real ink....:eek: And yes sometimes you got chainletters? Dinosaur spam really....
Yes, young boys and girls here : there was a time when we wrote letters.
The TV was in black and white, there was no remote control : you actually had to walk to the TV and change channels.Etc...etc...

Last edited:
Ah where are the days were people wrote each other letters? You know on paper and with a pen and real ink....:eek: And yes sometimes you got chainletters? Dinosaur spam really....
Yes, young boys and girls here : there was a time when we wrote letters.
The TV was in black and white, there was no remote control : you actually had to walk to the TV and change channels.Etc...etc...

I still write letters ... with a fountain pen, no less!
Give me what is now known as ‘hard copy’ any time ... over record-keeping Apps etc.
Besides .. how else do we keep our ability to write ... with our hands ...
It’s good for maintaining flexibility, too ... both manual and mental ... ;) :cool:

Camino(s) past & future

Give me what is now known as ‘hard copy’ any time ... over record-keeping Apps etc.
It’s good for maintaining flexibility, too ... both manual and mental ... ;):cool:
Certainly.I agree. Though I don't write with ink...motorically challenged and lefthanded.
My schoolwork was always one blue blob because my hand swiped over the paper.
Traumas lol...

Camino(s) past & future
“motorically” ... like it! ;)

omg ... just looked it up and it’s a real word :rolleyes:

You are a fount of new info, Sabine! :cool:
Well excuse me....haha.
Btw do search on Youtube for the Friends episode with " Joey's thesaurus ".:cool:
Will not post it here seeing it contains maybe some too explicit wording.

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Finally! I fly out of here tomorrow morning at 6 am to Bilbao and the next day I will start walking from Logroño. Looking forward; my pack is comfortably light, only 6.4 kg (sin agua), the weather forecast looks good and I’m so ready.

As on my last Camino I will try to stay ‘disconnected’ as much as possible so won’t be checking mails regularly or reading forums or the like. I will just walk and see what happens (or not) on the way (I’m a little worried though about withdrawal symptoms from not reading this thread daily o_O)

I will have to leave home at 4 am so even if it’s not very late here I’m gonna ‘hit the sack’ soon (probably won’t sleep much but that’s ok –I can sleep when I get old :p). Good night, God bless you and keep this good thread running and Buen Camino to all that will be walking.

Signing off for a while….

Camino(s) past & future
Finally! I fly out of here tomorrow morning at 6 am to Bilbao and the next day I will start walking from Logroño. Looking forward; my pack is comfortably light, only 6.4 kg (sin agua), the weather forecast looks good and I’m so ready.

As on my last Camino I will try to stay ‘disconnected’ as much as possible so won’t be checking mails regularly or reading forums or the like. I will just walk and see what happens (or not) on the way (I’m a little worried though about withdrawal symptoms from not reading this thread daily o_O)

I will have to leave home at 4 am so even if it’s not very late here I’m gonna ‘hit the sack’ soon (probably won’t sleep much but that’s ok –I can sleep when I get old :p). Good night, God bless you and keep this good thread running and Buen Camino to all that will be walking.

Will miss you lots. I knew you were planning to do this, and look, domigee survived, and we are supposing that Sailor is doing likewise.you just go, and let it be. Wishing you a wonderful camino. Forgot to mention Iriebabel as well, recently back to normal post camino life!

Last edited:

Iriebabel

Camino(s) past & future

Buen Camino...safe travels

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
Way behind on all the virtual Camino posts ... can't walk and talk at the same time, but I thought some of you might want to know I made some great Camino friends in Jaca on the aragones. Here they are saying hello to you all

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
SJPP - Finisterre (2005) ; LePuy - Muxia (2007) ; Porto - SC. (2009) planning Lourdes- SC (2018)
my dinner last night was...
all mixed together fried in very low heat.
'tuna, potatoes, carrots & peaaaaaaaanuuuuuttttbbbbbuuuutttteerrr'
not sure if my upset tummy today was related to what i ate last night.o_O[/QUOTE

Sounds like a Camino emergency dinner ... I had cold lentil stew tonight out of a can .

Camino(s) past & future
I'd call that 'going walkabout' an indigenous Australian term. I also like to think of Ealing the Camino as following 'songlines' - it's as close as I ll get to following ancestral pathways.

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

Have a wonderful smashingly good time.

Buen camino.

Camino(s) past & future
At a summer job I had where I lived in a barracks not only did a coworker write his girlfriend each night but he practiced his penmanship first for at least 30 minutes.
Oh that is so romantic.
Bless him.Hope the girl appreciated it and she kept the correspondence.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Oh that is so romantic.
Bless him.Hope the girl appreciated it and she kept the correspondence.
It lasted at least all summer long.

He was a big guy though one night while he was practicing penmanship a bat flew in. He was in a panic and he ended up crouching beside my chair where I was watching TV. I had some fun with him that night, even jumping up at one point to catch the bat barehanded (something I knew to be near impossible.) You should have heard him shout.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
It lasted at least all summer long.

He was a big guy though one night while he was practicing penmanship a bat flew in. He was in a panic and he ended up couching beside my chair where I was watching TV. I had some fun with him that night, even jumping up at one point to catch the bat barehanded (something I knew to be near impossible.) You should have heard him shout.
Ah hilarious and scary ( me having a slight phobia for birds and bats ) but seems you both had a fun summer.

Camino(s) past & future

It’s good for maintaining flexibility, too ... both manual and mental ... ;):cool:
My letter writing is now pretty much only in the form of handwritten thank you notes, and I still love doing it. No quickie thank you's via text or email or internet for me...well, except on this forum! ;)

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Ps: I never said I was ‘sane’ or even ‘reasonable:D:D:p
Isn't not being that sort of a requirement for being here?....and then having just spent a bit more time than I care to admit...with reasonable and sane people...why on GODS green earth would you wanna be? Boring!!!!

Camino(s) past & future
@stgcph Ha en underbar vandring pilgrim! :) Jag ser fram emot att höra om den när du kommer hem. Vandrar du ensam? Take care, stay safe. Buen Camino!
Not google translate: have a wonderful pilgrimage! Have a great time and come home safe. Are you walking by yourself? The middle sentence, well, I just made it up. Context, all context! Plus school deutsch

Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Certainly.I agree. Though I don't write with ink...motorically challenged and lefthanded.
My schoolwork was always one blue blob because my hand swiped over the paper.
Traumas lol...
Thats why my father had to learn to write with his right hand.
Thats why his writing was terrible diffecult to read :rolleyes:

Last edited:

yaying

Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
I resorted to Google ...
Before I ‘liked’ it ....
Well .... you never know ..... ;)
hmmmm...unless on this forum whatever it means even i dont understand i clicked like, please pardon me if i didn't got it right & should not be like.:(
there was only 1 time a word that intrigue me & use google on this thread.

im cooking that every friday (for real) and will have it as b-fast, lunch & dinner, any left over will be for the next day. who know's somewhere out there is as weird as like meo_O, doing the same, who love carrots, potatoes & ppppppppnnnnnuuuuttttbbbuuutteerrrr.:p
Yaying ... I, too, love sweet potatoes (or yams), with carrots, chili, tomatoes, onions etc. and peanut butter :cool: But you can keep the tuna!!! :p

Thats why my father had to learn to write with his right hand.
Thats why his writing was terrible diffecult to read your blog :rolleyes:
The practice of forcing left-handed people to write with their right hands has always struck me as somewhat cruel.
Besides, left-handed people are often gifted in more ‘lateral’ ways of thinking, feeling and ‘being’.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
@VNwalking have you tried it dipping it in bagoong...:p it you right who mention bagoong on this thread?
Arrgghhhhh, poor sweet potatoes.
Just kidding.:p But no, I can't say I have.
Not likely to, either, being vegetarian.

Happy Monday, everyone!!
Hey, don't rush me. It's still Sunday night where I am.:mad::p
But it's a very nice thought, thank you, @chinacat.

Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

Wish you a wonderful time and a Buen Camino , Peter .

Bristle boy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Bit of useless information regarding the “left” and “right” thread! The words dextrous and sinister come from the Latin for left and right!
A swordsman who wore his sword left handed was considered sinister!...me?...I’m a bit of both! What my father used to call “scammy handed”!
Probably explains why, as one of the turtles, I don’t know how to lead in a dance! I’m only any good at the slow,slow.....slow,slow,....slow!

Camino(s) past & future
Bit of useless information regarding the “left” and “right” thread! The words dextrous and sinister come from the Latin for left and right!
A swordsman who wore his sword left handed was considered sinister!...me?...I’m a bit of both! What my father used to call “scammy handed”!
Probably explains why, as one of the turtles, I don’t know how to lead in a dance! I’m only any good at the slow,slow.....slow,slow,....slow!
Ambidexterity! Are you a good drummer by any chance?

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Thank you Rick - I hadn't seen that. No-one here has forgotten Iz, even though he died over 20 years ago.
He was special - and you can hear that in this one simple recording.
The the recording linked in that NPR article is better and more complete than the one in the YouTube link I had found.

Bristle boy

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Ambidexterity! Are you a good drummer by any chance?
Unfortunately not! I’m not ambidextrous...I’m a leftie at some things and a rightie in others but I can’t mix...write right handed but eat, wear a watch and rings on the opposite side!
When I got married I caused a bit of confusion by first offering my right hand, then left, then right again before I had to ask the registrar “which hand”! My side of the family laughed as they understood!

Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)

Omg, I have missed your lastpost! Enjoy your Camino my friend! May the giraffes and the elephants look after you.
If they don’t, report back! We’ll sort them! ;)
Have a lovely time, we’ll still be here when you come back. You all were for me :cool:
BUEN CAMINO.

Camino(s) past & future
Ok, I haven't looked at this thread for 2 days and there already are almost 60 new posts since then...I can barely keep up!
My beloved sister passed away a week ago and with her funeral and other obligations related to it, I have been hit and miss here. Sometimes life just gets in the way of all this fun we have....but I will be back...promise.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.5%