A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
We cannot be thinking of the same bridge ... this side is the better of the two, of course ...
On the other hand ... there are two bridges .... shall we share the honours? ;)
Just crossed your side and visited Caerleon and Tintern Abbey! Only had to pay one way!
There is no better side both are lovely!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
In search of Arthur! Where are you? Haven’t seen the elephants so far...and the cherry trees aren’t in blossom! Spoke to a “young” lady in Carleon who has debunked Glastonbury and Geoffrey of Monmouth but it is just down the road (as is. Cadbury Camp)! But this will wait for tomorrow!
Perhaps the elephants aren’t the only ones with magical,mystical powers which keep them well hidden!

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.

Thank you all for celebrating my birthday with me!

I love and appreciat every Happy Birthday wish, every icecream, every elephant and mice, and lovely scented rose! 1537092707972.png Here comes cake to you,

:cool::cool::p:D:D

This birthdaysong makes me happy :D ...
@FamPed Happy Birthday Message!
Thank you all! :D

Camino(s) past & future
This is a big thank you to @Jeff Crawley! He knitted red socks for my two special elephants, Snoozy and Boozy. They arrived in the mail today and my little guys are very happy. It feels so great to receive a package from a forum member. It makes this virtual camino friendship seem tangible and REAL! View attachment 46273
Woow, looking good!!

Camino(s) past & future
Four days in a hotel room! Oh no, then I will rather take my chances on the road. So I can say that tendinitis can be ‘walked off’, I will not recommend it though, as it can take a long time and be quite painful.
I knew you could make it, you are after all a viking! 1537095593530.png (Maybe not so wise, but.. I hope it will be healing so you woun´t have any more episodes in the future.)

Camino(s) past & future
@FamPed : cool t shirt.On my list for next year...#fiftyisthenewthirty
I got the t-shirt from my doughter and grandkids, they bought it when they were at LEGOland this summer. LEGO celebrates 50 years this year. :) They (as in my doughter and family) also gifted me the opportunity to save up for my camino. :):)
#fiftyisthenewthirty Thats the way I feel! :D

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Srsly, m 2 lazy 2 typ prprly jst nw. Ok, I will. Snoozy and Boozy are all set for the winter. FamPed has had a tanfastic birthday, stgcph is on the mend from his tendonitis, yaying is dreaming of her some day camino, and all the rest of us are watching home made videos of a granny reading a story to her grandson... this is serious stuff... isn’t it? Happy Tuesday everyone.
https://goo.gl/images/u3jkQy

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Srsly, m 2 lazy 2 typ prprly jst nw. Ok, I will. Snoozy and Boozy are all set for the winter. FamPed has had a tanfastic birthday, stgcph is on the mend from his tendonitis, yaying is dreaming of her some day camino, and all the rest of us are watching home made videos of a granny reading a story to her grandson... this is serious stuff... isn’t it? Happy Tuesday everyone.
https://goo.gl/images/u3jkQy
My Sunday is your new Tuesday.

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
I love your spirit, @yaying. Indomitable.
Glad your family is OK!
see, like that word 'Indomitable' i didn't know until now. I wont deny 'during' successive difficult challenges let me thought 'what if i ended my life?', but on how to end my life is more difficult than how to resolve the challenges. I was thought never to compare myself to others, but as i grow old, there will always be greater & lesser person than myself. Be joyful to those who are better than me, rather than to envy & in little way be helpful & never degrade lower than me.

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
see, like that word 'Indomitable' i didn't know until now. I wont deny 'during' successive difficult challenges let me thought 'what if i ended my life?', but on how to end my life is more difficult than how to resolve the challenges. I was thought never to compare myself to others, but as i grow old, there will always be greater & lesser person than myself. Be joyful to those who are better than me, rather than to envy & in little way be helpful & never degrade lower than me.
Yaying, I am reminded of what Oprah Winfrey said, “you are well on your way to turning your wounds into wisdom!”

Last edited:

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
Goodmorning from Belgium.
Seems we are going to enjoy here a wonderful day of 27 Celsius. Glorious aftersummer. Pity I will have to spend it mostly inside...
Hi Sabine,

That's because it's September - greatest month of the year!

Finally got out for a decent (5km) walk yesterday after nearly 4 weeks with the broken toes. Trouble is after all that time without a shoe on (or very soft slipper on) my foot has spread and it was difficult getting into hiking shoes. Still off to SdC next week though :)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC May 2019
We cannot be thinking of the same bridge ... this side is the better of the two, of course ...
On the other hand ... there are two bridges .... shall we share the honours? ;)
Two people walking along the different banks of a river.
One shouts across "Hey! How do I get to the other side of the river?"
and gets the reply "You ARE on the other side!"

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Two people walking along the different banks of a river.
One shouts across "Hey! How do I get to the other side of the river?"
and gets the reply "You ARE on the other side!"
Love the old ones!
A low flying balloon from the fiesta and the pilot shouts down..”where am I??”
The reply....”you’re in a balloon!!!!”

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC May 2019
Hi Peter,

Not sure about "morning" I awoke at a stupid hour today (just after 4am) so it feels more like lunchtime here (10am UK). Lovely day but a bit breezy.

I trust you are feeling well and looking forward to the weekend?

Have a safe journey and don't go crazy with the celebrations!

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
Hi Sabine,

That's because it's September - greatest month of the year!

Finally got out for a decent (5km) walk yesterday after nearly 4 weeks with the broken toes. Trouble is after all that time without a shoe on (or very soft slipper on) my foot has spread and it was difficult getting into hiking shoes. Still off to SdC next week though :)
Jeff,
How did the toe feel when you walked 5km on it?

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
:)
Not bad thanks - just the two centre toes "buddy taped" now and rolled my weight onto the big toe side and used a pole (of course). Merrell hiking shoe felt a bit tight due to foot spread. Almost better!
Hope the taping and tightness does not cause blistering.:)

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Hi Peter,

Not sure about "morning" I awoke at a stupid hour today (just after 4am) so it feels more like lunchtime here (10am UK). Lovely day but a bit breezy.

I trust you are feeling well and looking forward to the weekend?

Have a safe journey and don't go crazy with the celebrations!
Feeling ok . Leaving Sunday for Brussels and we leave for Santiago on Monday morning.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC May 2019
Just had lunch and browsing the on-line Guardian newspaper. There's a 51 yo male in a dead end job who wants to give it all up and retrain as an environmental lawyer - he's already had three careers but that's bye the bye.

One piece of advice he's been given is:

1. You shouldn’t take on the debt. That would be a big mistake.
2. You should leave the job you hate.
3. Walk the Camino de Santiago and during the walk figure out what meaningful work you would like to do.

which received the following response:

"I thought the Camino was flat most of the way.

Definitely a good idea to walk but why not start closer to home with something genuinely physically demanding?"

I'd respond but I'm back on my blood pressure meds.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Today (in search of Arthur) was a trip to Stonehenge (awesome) and in one of the slide shows, giving information, was a mention of Santiago d.c! Followed by a visit to Salisbury and the Magna Carta.....still no sign of Arthur...I’m beginning to think he wears red socks!

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Just had lunch and browsing the on-line Guardian newspaper. There's a 51 yo male in a dead end job who wants to give it all up and retrain as an environmental lawyer - he's already had three careers but that's bye the bye.

One piece of advice he's been given is:

1. You shouldn’t take on the debt. That would be a big mistake.
2. You should leave the job you hate.
3. Walk the Camino de Santiago and during the walk figure out what meaningful work you would like to do.

which received the following response:

"I thought the Camino was flat most of the way.

Definitely a good idea to walk but why not start closer to home with something genuinely physically demanding?"

I'd respond but I'm back on my blood pressure meds.
Thank goodness for those meds.

Camino(s) past & future
I really like this thread!
sounds like you are surprised! it does help to be innocent and crazy in a soft sense. I have to be a bit serious for a moment: what I do truly love on this thread is the certainty that there can be no misunderstanding. It is just not part of the membership criteria!

Camino(s) past & future
Today (in search of Arthur) was a trip to Stonehenge (awesome) and in one of the slide shows, giving information, was a mention of Santiago d.c! Followed by a visit to Salisbury and the Magna Carta.....still no sign of Arthur...I’m beginning to think he wears red socks!
now, sir: who the h is Arthur? Where I live, he is the gentleman behind the dark drink with the creamy top... but as I have missed a lot of recent posts, do enlighten me, please!

Camino(s) past & future
Hi kirkie,
The fable that is King Arthur of the Britons and the story of Camelot and the round table.
Thank you! The Age of Enlightenment has dawned. If i had thought for a minute I might have got it myself... so, what’s the story? have you found him yet/ ‘They seek him here, they seek him there... do you think he might have been a dedicated follower of fashion to to the tune of 1080 sterling (can’t find the symbol on my keyboard)...

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you! The Age of Enlightenment has dawned. If i had thought for a minute I might have got it myself... so, what’s the story? have you found him yet/ ‘They seek him here, they seek him there... do you think he might have been a dedicated follower of fashion to to the tune of 1080 sterling (can’t find the symbol on my keyboard)...
Well 21 shillings in old money :p:p:p!
Ironically enough a programme on BBC 2 last night placed him at Tintagel (if he existed)!
The best answer I have obtained is from a young lady from Glastonbury who has read absolutely everything...she feels that “Arthur” means leader! Glastonbury “claims” to be the burial place! Who knows....too much to put into this thread but absolutely fascinating!!!
Perhaps I should believe Rick Wakeman :):p

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
now, sir: who the h is Arthur? Where I live, he is the gentleman behind the dark drink with the creamy top... but as I have missed a lot of recent posts, do enlighten me, please!
I think he may be an elephant :oops: He wears red socks :cool:

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
It is 3:30am EST in northeast USA....I could only readsuch nonsense so early...I need to catch up on this thread so when we leave for our Camino at end of Sept. I will know all the current and important nonsense!
Funny I leave in two weeks for a week in Ireland and three in Spain on the Primitive! And I too thought about the amount of reading upon return!! O.M.G.! Ah well it may ease the return issues...as will knitting ..perhaps red soxs!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
. but as I have missed a lot of recent posts, do enlighten me, please!
Have any of you played this game as a kid, can’t remember what it’s called.... You write a sentence on a bit of paper, fold it and pass it on to the next person who writes something, without seeing what you have written....
When everyone has had a turn, you unfold the piece of paper and read it out and it usually ends up hilarious!
This thread reminds me of it! :oops::D:D:D

ksam

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Portuguese '08, Frances '11, del Norte '14, Invierno '16, Ingles '17, Primitivo October 2018
Love this picture. Love those shoes! Recently stumbled to an old recording I had of Robin Williams re the Papacy!! As with anything RW must be take with a grain of salt and a def sense of humor. I love this one. Especially in light of how it all worked out. This was years ago!! :eek:;)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC May 2019

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I thought Wakeman was in Yes? ;)

Not sure I'd want to see a reformed Kinks - Ray's voice is shot and Dave, who I thought the better of the two, sadly had a stroke but has since recovered.
Hi Jeff,
But he did a concept album of the fable of King Arthur and the knights of the round table...and very good it was too!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%