A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
copacabana?

honestly earlier i was doubting if i will say this.
I read first today your greetings.... i know there was a word before 'belgium' as i usually wonder why i cant remember which letter is next to each other on a keyboard, but my my finger does it well while typing. on your greetings i saw chocolate!

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
oh i was intrigue, is it something about gender equality in terms of recognition, works. etc?
Hi yaying,
The Magna Carta was an early bill of rights in England that restricted the Kings powers!
Much of it still exists today (the jury system/no one being above the law).
Only four existing copies exist (the best, and they are all different..is in Salisbury cathedral)

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi yaying,
The Magna Carta was an early bill of rights in England that restricted the Kings powers!
Only four existing copies exist (the best, and they are all different..is in Salisbury cathedral)
Although the one at the British Museum is impressive also. PS : Still can't multiquote so excuse me for the multiple posts in a row.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Although the one at the British Museum is impressive also. PS : Still can't multiquote so excuse me for the multiple posts in a row.
You are excused..coming from the guy who automatically presses exclamation instead of question marks!!!!! Secondly, your IT knowledge is appreciated also from a guy who is all fingers and thumbs!
The Salisbury version is by far the best preserved and readable version...the “Cambridge” version is too far fire damaged to be legible!
Have fun!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
coming from the guy who automatically presses exclamation instead of question marks!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!....!!...!!!!...!!!!
There, I fixed it for you, BB. Why waste time on the words?;)
I'm a dash addict. So my posts should look like:
...-...-...-..........
I have to say I like yours more. You can have multiple !!!!!!!s, but ------ just doesn't do it.:confused:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
!!!!!!!!!!!....!!...!!!!...!!!!
There, I fixed it for you, BB. Why waste time on the words?;)
I'm a dash addict. So my posts should look like:
...-...-...-..........
I have to say I like yours more. You can have multiple !!!!!!!s, but ------ just doesn't do it.:confused:
Well bless your little ticker!...we are all individual and as long as the meaning gets through that is all that matters!
Perhaps we should put it down to the “zaniness” of the individuals syntax!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
the “Cambridge” version is too far fire damaged to be legible!
Ha! I can just see the Pythonesque revsion of history: King John trying to do a fake news thing. "We signed a magna carta? What magna carta? There was no magna carta. You bad barons must be imagining things....." (Frantically tries to burn parchment sheets in the background when no-one is looking...as his knights run around whacking coconut shells together, offering acerbic Greek chorus-like comments.):p

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Ha! I can just see the Pythonesque revsion of history: King John trying to do a fake news thing. "We signed a magna carta? What magna carta? There was no magna carta. You bad barons must be imagining things....." (Frantically tries to burn parchment sheets in the background when no-one is looking...as his knights run around whacking coconut shells together, offering acerbic Greek chorus-like comments.):p
Don’t you just love the Pythons!
Now that is the definition of Zany!...true to life in a totally anarchic fashion.
Thank goodness for YouTube and the “god given” memory!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
copacabana?

honestly earlier i was doubting if i will say this.
I read first today your greetings.... i know there was a word before 'belgium' as i usually wonder why i cant remember which letter is next to each other on a keyboard, but my my finger does it well while typing. on your greetings i saw chocolate!
Hi yaying,
You will read this when you wake...but as Sabine will tell you the words that come before Belgium are:-
Great United Kingdom of Beerdom...um...I mean Belgium!
Of course I am joking and as Sabine will also testify...NOTHING comes before Belgium!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I want them! Better get two pairs while I'm at it, they may sell out quickly! :eek:
I doubt they make custom sizes and shapes for a tortoise...AND they would cost you double since you have four feet or claws, whatever you call em! :)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Camino(s) past & future
Hi yaying,
Smarty pants! ;)

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
Hi yaying,
We're up to seven copies now I think - they found another a couple of years ago here in Kent, tucked into an old library book. They also found a copy of the Charter of the Forest - equally, maybe more important. MC gave power to the barons, CotF gave rights to the common man.

1537362559779.png
The "Kent" copy of the Magna Carta - about 700 years old

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
We're up to seven copies now I think - they found another a couple of years ago here in Kent, tucked into an old library book. They also found a copy of the Charter of the Forest - equally, maybe more important. MC gave power to the barons, CotF gave rights to the common man.

View attachment 46430
Darn!

I thought I hid that too well.

Time illuminates misdeeds.

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
I doubt they make custom sizes and shapes for a tortoise...AND they would cost you double since you have four feet or claws, whatever you call em! :)
I call ‘em…… feet! Oh, and you know… when money is no problem….:p

I come to think of the British actress Joan Collins who once in an interview when confronted by a young reporter with the statement that ‘Money can’t buy you everything’ with monumental superiority replied: ‘Young man, if you think money won’t buy just anything, you are shopping in the wrong places”.

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
So what did I see leaving the parking in Antwerp. This cute one...still standing strong compared to the other ones. There was a heavy wind today.
He was probably watching out for that boat to bring him back home...

Attachments

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
So what did I see leaving the parking in Antwerp. This cute one...still standing strong compared to the other ones. There was a heavy wind today.
He was probably watching out for that boat to bring him back home...
I presume the same wind that was blowing wickedly wildly here today....

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)

View attachment 46430
The Magna carte also has had a very significant impact on US Law.

Camino(s) past & future
why is that we remember that we forget?o_O
Ha, ha, sooo funny! Good question, very creative thinking! I'm impressed, but then it doesn't take much for me (if any of the brainiacs on this thread have noticed.) When the conversations "go over my head", you'll notice I rarely can give a 'like' cuz I have no clue about what's being said. It's mainly RED sock conversations that 'trip my trigger', they are simple, concise, and to the point! :)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
they found another a couple of years ago here in Kent, tucked into an old library book.
O...
M....
G.
Can you imagine?
"Oh, goodness. What is this? :eek: Dear, come look, grandad left us a magna carta in his overdue book!":cool:
:D:D:D
(And BTW, how the heck did it get there in the first place is my ??????? I don't imagine I'm the only person who might be wondering that...)

So what did I see leaving the parking in Antwerp.
Obviously I have to go back. :cool:
I was landing in it ! :oops:
EEeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! :eek::eek::eek: I don't scare easily but I really hate that. Glad you are safe and on the ground.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
O...
M....
G.
Can you imagine?
"Oh, goodness. What is this? :eek: Dear, come look, grandad left us a magna carta in his overdue book!":cool:
(And BTW, how the heck did it get there in the first place is my ??????? I don't imagine I'm the only person who might be wondering that...)

EEeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkk! :eek::eek::eek: I don't scare easily but I really hate that. Glad you are safe and on the ground.
I wouldn’t like to pay the fines on that library book!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Indeed Connie Booth.Their marriage might not have lasted but what a TV legacy they left.
Another useless fact about Fawlty towers is that each episode did not fit the time constraints of a thirty minute episode. Each episode varied in length and the BBC had to accommodate as they were longer than normal.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Ha, ha, sooo funny! Good question, very creative thinking! I'm impressed, but then it doesn't take much for me (if any of the brainiacs on this thread have noticed.) When the conversations "go over my head", you'll notice I rarely can give a 'like' cuz I have no clue about what's being said. It's mainly RED sock conversations that 'trip my trigger', they are simple, concise, and to the point! :)
Sympathise! I often skip now as I have missed some and it is tiring to go back... what a confession! Sometimes i do go back and like till I am red in the face, like yaying.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
O...
M....
G.
Can you imagine?

Apparently some Victorian librarian tucked it and the Charter of the Forest away - presumably to "keep them safe"

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Anyway (or in phonetic speak)...anyweigh, I’m off to bed and will leave the rest to you guys!
Today has been a long one...so a special goodnight to you all..especially to the other side of the Atlantic and to all whose day is still to come!..I will catch up with the nonsense tomorrow!

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Anyway (or in phonetic speak)...anyweigh, I’m off to bed and will leave the rest to you guys!
Today has been a long one...so a special goodnight to you all..especially to the other side of the Atlantic and to all whose day is still to come!..I will catch up with the nonsense tomorrow!
Good night! I should be in bed too, working tomorrow :oops::)

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
PS : Still can't multiquote so excuse me for the multiple posts in a row.
I can’t either! Can anyone explain, if you do know? Plweease? :)
Oh, and how to do that clever thing.... you share a link but replace it with ‘here’ or something similar....

:):):)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I do not know how to mulitiquote either??!
I can’t either! Can anyone explain, if you do know? Plweease? :)
Maybe it's a phone thing? It works on my computer just fine - see?:
Quote several messages without replying, and then on the draft of your post, hit 'Insert quotes,' and what pops up is a review pane where you can delete or change the order of the quotes...
Oh, and how to do that clever thing.... you share a link but replace it with ‘here’ or something similar....
See the thingy up there that looks like a chain? It's to the right of the thingy that looks like a photo.
First you copy a web address.
Then you highlight a piece of your text that you want to link it to (like 'here,' or whatever...)
Click on that chain thingy and the text should show up in the bottom of 2 boxes that pop up. In the top one you paste the web address (the 'URL'). Then press the big blue insert button (in the bottom right-hand corner).
Hey presto.
Bob's your uncle.
Home and hosed.
Piece of cake.
Easy-peasy.
Child's play...
(And whatever other idioms you can think of to convey that it's really not that hard.;) )

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%