A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Booking.com

NOT a serious thread

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
Well, then do I hope Arthur was a gas fitter or an electrician.
I have Monty Python on the brain so there are are some amusing possibilities that come to mind.
Oh, wait.
Arthur is a cat?!
Arthur was a famous cat - in the UK at least. We had a brand of tinned cat food called Kattomeat and, for the TV ads, Arthur was trained to dip his paw in the disgusting looking goop and lick the food.
The cat proved so popular they renamed the product after him.

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I too already arranged my next travel to Spain in early January. Not for a Camino, I will be attending a two-week intensive Spanish course in the small town Nerja in southern Spain where the temperature will be like pleasant springtime –an escape from the cold winter here for a while. The course is five days a week and I will be staying some extra days so there will be good opportunities for day-hikes in the mountains of Parque Natural Sierras de Tejeda on the edge of the Sierra Nevada range. Something to look forward to and good prep for next Camino(?).
Enjoy!

p.s. Have you heard about Vaughan town. Grupovaughan.com

For one week you spend time helping Spanish speaking professionals improve their English.

All expenses are paid, well room and board, at 4 or 5 star hotels. You are responsible for getting to their headquarters in Madrid.

Mods, not certain if this violates forum rules.

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
OK folks, that's it for a while. Off to collect Daughter No1 from the station (down for the weekend). Birthday tomorrow and off to SdC on Monday, back on 10th October so see you then.

JC
Hi Jeff , we are flying to Santiago on Monday aswell.
We arrive around 11.00 am .
When do you begin in the Pilgrimsoffice?
And happy birthday.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Oh! I misinterpreted that post, thinking it was your daughter's birthday.
Happy birthday to you, Jeff!
Cake all around from me.....

And to all of you who are Santiago bound right about now...we want pics from when you meet up to go elephant spotting, please.;)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
OK folks, that's it for a while. Off to collect Daughter No1 from the station (down for the weekend). Birthday tomorrow and off to SdC on Monday, back on 10th October so see you then.

JC
Have you got one of these for your lapel? All credits to stgcph... and happy birthday and enjoy your stint in Santiago, and hope you meet up with Peter. F0451B9D-2008-47D4-A5A2-C3BAC1328E65.png

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Perhaps Arthur IS the elephant in the cherry tree.
Edit...and in another day or so we will be at 5200.
Any bets for when 6000 happens?
I'm more interested in whether @nycwalking will again send in a bunch more one character posts in an attempt to grab the 1,000 times X honor. Let's not let her get away with it this time either. ;)

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I'm more interested in whether @nycwalking will again send in a bunch more one character posts in an attempt to grab the 1,000 times X honor. Let's not let her get away with it this time either. ;)
LMAO!

And, that is saying something!

Marbe2

Camino(s) past & future
2015 SJPD to Burgos
2017 Leon to Santiago
Pamplona to Santiago Mar. 2018
Burgos - SCDC (Oct 18)
I
I wanted to be online when we hit 5000 posts but I fell asleep with around 20 left!:confused::confused:

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Oh! I misinterpreted that post, thinking it was your daughter's birthday.
Happy birthday to you, Jeff!
Cake all around from me.....

And to all of you who are Santiago bound right about now...we want pics from when you meet up to go elephant spotting, please.;)

@Jeff Crawley sorry to miss it too... good health and safe journey too.

looking forward of teasing photo's too.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Hee hee...don't you do it either, Rick...;)
grandma used to tell us ur 'human being' try not to compromise it for 'human living'
Wow, wonderful. That's one very wise Grandma. Seriously. 100 likes, @yaying.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
That reminds me of this, actually:
It's just a corner of one of my favorite statues in Santiago - the one of St Francis in front of his church.
All the animals side by side, harmoniously.
I could get all serious...but will leave it at that.;)
Happy Saturday to one and all.......

Attachments

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Here is another (short) art forgery post. Peg and I recently had dinner at a restaurant named Duck and Bunny and they had some pictures hanging up. Below is a shot of postcards of two of the paintings.

View attachment 46532
Looks like a bit of “artistic” licence. I’m going to open one called the rabbit and aardvark! :D

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Here is another (short) art forgery post. Peg and I recently had dinner at a restaurant named Duck and Bunny and they had some pictures hanging up. Below is a shot of postcards of two of the paintings.

View attachment 46532
And I thought Van Gogh chopped off one of his ears! ;)

Camino(s) past & future

View attachment 46532
The girl became a duck. I thought only frogs and beasts transformed in and out of humanity.

Camino(s) past & future
It wasn't something she did voluntarily. It was due to a curse by an evil sorcerer. He had a cold though so she was turned into a duck instead of a swan.
Thank goodness my rootbeer was not put to lips otherwise it would be all over my bed!:oops:

Camino(s) past & future
I was in the supermarket the other day and watched a man staring at a box of orange juice for ten minutes. Curious, I asked him what he was staring at. He said on the side it said “concentrate”!
Had to quote.

A simple like will not suffice.:D

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
I was in the supermarket the other day and watched a man staring at a box of orange juice for ten minutes. Curious, I asked him what he was staring at. He said on the side it said “concentrate”!
a friend of mine work as diser(merchandiser) in a supermarket, was been reported by a buyer as fraud, as per buyer the diser refused to give him 'fat free' written on the label.:p

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
We are waiting for take off.
Oh, happy day!
Do not stress too much with the monday hectic at Brussels Airport.
Safe and easy travel to you both, Peter! So glad you're on your way: it's been a journey already.........
(And I hope you haven't had the queues I had last I was there.)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Oh, happy day!

Safe and easy travel to you both, Peter! So glad you're on your way: it's been a journey already.........
(And I hope you haven't had the queues I had last I was there.)
The queu was under 15 min.
We had all the time off the world.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
The queu was under 15 min.
We had all the time off the world.
:eek:
You have MUCH better luck than me.:):):)
I'm in an airport today too for a short trip. It's a very laid-back airport. Not like Brussels. ;)

Buen camino to you @Marbe2 !!

Last edited:

SabineP

Camino is about empathy. Not about entitlement.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Nursie doesn’t allow me sharp objects!
If you are like me even the blunt objects are an issue.
My OH always says I should become a quality controller in a factory.If I can not break something it will most probably work for eternity.;);)
And sadly it is true.....:p

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
If you are like me even the blunt objects are an issue.
My OH always says I should become a quality controller in a factory.If I can not break something it will most probably work for eternity.;);)
And sadly it is true.....:p
Well done tbb’s!...I’ve had three boys and spent that eternity repairing things...actually, they nearly broke me!!! :D:D:D:D

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.6%