A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

NOT a serious thread

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I never worked in a restaurant either.
Nor I. And, I'm a performing artist.

View attachment 47377

And you need a lot off space when elephants walk in to your restaurant.
And, here are my fellow artisans.

View attachment 47379
who said this, and on what page? as if we haven't enough craziness on our recent pages! they say it is good to keep an eye on where you have been, to have an idea of where you might be headed...
Scary thought.

Woke up dreaming about trying to climb a sand dune with barb wire at its apex.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
they call it Customer Care. Hah!
Customer care in a tax office is an oxymoron.
Breathe, @kirkie...we are thinking of you. Ozy's advice: Well everything will crumble to dust some day.; he hopes it happens very soon to the tax office but that the people inside escape safely before that happens.
Seen at Santiago airport...
The menagerie!

Edit...how did I miss the last avalanche of posts??
Aren't monks always unarmed? Wow, they should be.;)

Rick's chipmunks are headed into serious winter. They do need socks, but as they hoard food for when there's snow on the ground it's hard to get them to stay in one place long enough to put the darn socks on. And they need bespoke ones for the front feet so they can continue to stuff their cheeks.
Definitely a project.
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Why? What is the key ingredient? No history. No agenda. Just ... what? What did you imagine, domigee, when you began this thread? View attachment 47243
I certainly didn’t imagine there were so many kindred spirits!! :cool::cool::cool: :D
Thank you all indeed.
Hope the knee gets better, @kirkie :confused:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
I don’t think the beer was Belgian (it might have been) but it’s nice to have a beer named after you! I like my Belgian chocklit with Belgian beer..:D
I don’t like beer but I like choklit. Does that count? Can I still play? :p
Ps I don’t drink beer cos i got drunk on beer at 15, in Munich, with my parents :eek:
Sadly, could never touch beer again:( tss

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I don’t like beer but I like choklit. Does that count? Can I still play? :p
Ps I don’t drink beer cos i got drunk on beer at 15, in Munich, with my parents :eek:
Sadly, could never touch beer again:( tss
OMGoodness.

How long have you been on punishment?

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
We did it, everyone!!:):):)
(Or rather Peter did it...)
Now there are two seriously NOT serious threads.
The virus is spreading.
Maybe in some distant future, everyone will he harmonious and laughing here, everywhere.
And the mods will be free to go for a long walk, hopefully sin cinches.
The high bar will be a not serious thread about the pros and cons of different kinds of poles. For some reason it always starts a fight.;)
Slowly slowly.

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
The virus is spreading.
Maybe in some distant future, everyone will he harmonious and laughing here, everywhere.
The high bar will be a not serious thread about the pros and cons of different kinds of poles. For some reason it always starts a fight.;)
Slowly slowly.
And one day they might get it! :D:D:D:D
There’s a place for all us turtles,elephants and giraffes...have fun guys!...that’s what it’s all about..seriously!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
what the heck, my eyes ache...been staring it, thinking was something dimensional drawing.o_O
couldn't find at any angle at all the elephants
Look at it sideways yaying...much of the profile is hidden (it is an elephant hiding amongst the cherry blossom). I’ll send you a pm with what to mask out of the picture and when you start to see it you will wonder how you missed it! The head is there and it looks like an elephant walking away turning it’s head to the right! Sorry I posted this guys!
I’ll write to you tonight or your goodforamorning!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
Look at it sideways yaying...much of the profile is hidden (it is an elephant hiding amongst the cherry blossom). I’ll send you a pm with what to mask out of the picture and when you start to see it you will wonder how you missed it! The head is there and it looks like an elephant walking away turning it’s head to the right! Sorry I posted this guys!
No need to be sorry. I took a rest from it but will try again this afternoon.:eek:

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
bwahahaha.... i saw seahorse, bats, roses and the last one was dragono_O

Camino(s) past & future
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
It’s finally happened.....!! After several thousand camino kilometres, I’ve actually seen something I thought I never would..... actual folk sitting + eating at those picnic tables that are almost everywhere along the trails, but always seemed to be more ornamental than functional, at least to me!!
Have I just been unlucky,or myopic, up to now, or is what I’ve witnessed twice over the last two days on the CdM as rare a phenomenon as I think it is?

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
It’s finally happened.....!! After several thousand camino kilometres, I’ve actually seen something I thought I never would..... actual folk sitting + eating at those picnic tables that are almost everywhere along the trails, but always seemed to be more ornamental than functional, at least to me!!
Have I just been unlucky,or myopic, up to now, or is what I’ve witnessed twice over the last two days on the CdM as rare a phenomenon as I think it is?
As they say up north...”there’s nowt as strange as folk”

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
The virus is spreading.
Slowly slowly.
Will be tricky starting a NOT serious thread about poles. :eek:

Camino(s) past & future
Did you not see people at this spot, at the rest area at the path to Arre and the river walk to Huarte? (Camino Frances, before Pamplona)
E6CF7537-ABDF-497F-9755-9E9E7EAEB3BA.jpeg

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I know this one is totally frustrating and needs to be put an end to. It matched with the elephant in the cherry tree! I’ll do a mask and cut out all the unnecessary stuff! It is there but not as a complete elephant...he is hiding after all! Give me a day or so...seriously!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I am sooo lost. I have no idea how to turn the picture to reveal an elephant...and I don't wanna know!!

Camino(s) past & future
There’s the craze for having tats done in Japanese or Chinese script...and getting it wrong! Good for Sabine for not getting hers done or she could have been walking round with “submarine” inked on her arm!
You really should come with a (mental) health warning, Bb!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
There’s the craze for having tats done in Japanese or Chinese script...and getting it wrong! Good for Sabine for not getting hers done or she could have been walking round with “submarine” inked on her arm!
Or on her "can".

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Camino(s) past & future
very good sunday to all of u!

does any of u have any chance figured out where is the elephant of mr. @Bristle boy hiding?
He was hiding here. He bolted after lightening strike. Thankfully, I believe no one not even BB was hurt and neither was the property.

Attachments

Peter Fransiscus

Camino(s) past & future
I know this one is totally frustrating and needs to be put an end to. It matched with the elephant in the cherry tree! I’ll do a mask and cut out all the unnecessary stuff! It is there but not as a complete elephant...he is hiding after all! Give me a day or so...seriously!
3,5hr to go .;)

Camino(s) past & future
From lunch with a view to it just goes to show - lovely breakfast time smiles, thanks everyone. Well, pre breakfast. First, coffee in small amounts till the pot is empty, reading this thread, then some other material as every morning, and just quiet time. Watching the darkness turn into day. Wondrous. Ah! Have I found a word where the ou at the end is needed in USA?! For those approaching lights out, sleep well, and for the sweep around the globe - have a great day/afternoon /evening.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Peter, in case this is of any use to you here is something I figured out 20 years ago after a trip. The Netherlands is about the same size as the three adjoining New England states of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island but for every two Yankees there are three Dutch.

And speaking of New England, it looks beautiful this time of year. Here is a hike we took a few days ago over non-Dutch terrain.

Screenshot_20181014-061910.png

Peter Fransiscus

Camino(s) past & future
Peter, in case this is of any use to you here is something I figured out 20 years ago after a trip. The Netherlands is about the same size as the three adjoining New England states of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island but for every two Yankees there are three Dutch.

And speaking of New England, it looks beautiful this time of year. Here is a hike we took a few days ago over non-Dutch terrain.

View attachment 47481
I had a friend living in Woonsocket , Rhode Island .
The friendship didn't last to far a part.

I was there also in September and October more than 30 years ago , so it bin a while.

As you say it's beautyfull up there.

Peter Fransiscus

Camino(s) past & future
My studying is done in 5 seconds. Those two teeny weeny countries are joined at the hip! Thanks for the visual aid!
In fact there are 3 country's called The Benelux , Belgium , the Netherlands and Luxemburg. This was the beginning off what is called now the EU .

Camino(s) past & future
i know it’s not cherry blossom (too early) but I thought I’d send this this morning to you guys!
They’re pink and cheer me up (especially on a grey Sunday).
Have a lovely day!

View attachment 47476
Beautiful orchids BB. I'm impressed!
Funny story....a friend of mine gave an orchid to her mother as a gift. The mother watered it faithfully twice a week for a year before her daughter saw her watering it on a recent visit. She said "Mom, why are you watering that orchid? It's NOT real!!" :D:p

Camino(s) past & future
Beautiful orchids BB. I'm impressed!
Funny story....a friend of mine gave an orchid to her mother as a gift. The mother watered it faithfully twice a week for a year before her daughter saw her watering it on a recent visit. She said "Mom, why are you watering that orchid? It's NOT real!!" :D:p
Now that is funny.

Peter Fransiscus

Camino(s) past & future
I picked up on the other thread a poster who’d
Nicknamed a young lady who had been savaged by bed bugs as a “Gabriella”!
Do you any of you girls have any suggestions for a male equivalent?...seriously serious ones of course (not)!
I'am not a girl but how about Godzilla.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I'am not a girl but how about Godzilla.
Hi Peter...didn’t mean to restrict! Perhaps even broaden it a bit to a witty nickname for anything (and the reason why)...in need of a chuckle tonight!
For example we were going to call one of the pooches Deefer!
Hope all is going/went well!

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 108 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.4%