A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

NOT a serious thread

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi Peter...didn’t mean to restrict! Perhaps even broaden it a bit to a witty nickname for anything (and the reason why)...in need of a chuckle tonight!
For example we were going to call one of the pooches Deefer!
Hope all is going/went well!
What about Rodrigo?

Like in the band Rodrigo y Gabriela? Although here Gabriela is only with one " L"

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I picked up on the other thread a poster who’d
Nicknamed a young lady who had been savaged by bed bugs as a “Gabriella”!
Do you any of you girls have any suggestions for a male equivalent?...seriously serious ones of course (not)!
Gabriel.

Keep an ear out for trumpet blast though.

Last edited:

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Ha! I resorted to Thesaurus for synonyms for irritate. I did not study the list, my initial scan gave me this name: Confucious
:D

I have added several translations of “tasty” and “very sweet” to my list of random words ... Galician, Basque, Spanish, Latin etc .... but was unable to construct a name from any of them ...

Rowan?
(little red one)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Mt. Wachusett?? I used to love to go there in the Autumn.
Mt. Wachusett has been reserved for our first climbing hike of the season. The pictures are of Mt. Monadnock which we hadn't done in years because dogs aren't allowed. 40 years ago I did a hike of something like 90 miles / 150 km through rural Massachusetts and New Hampshire to the peak.

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Are those a couple of doorstops, BB? :DWhere can I get some of my own?
Ha!..the little one on the left is a carpet destroyer! If you don’t watch him he will go into a room and “nose” the door shut! Then he is trapped, panics and tries to burrow his way out destroying the carpet in the process! Have solved the problem now but needs vigilance!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Ha!..the little one on the left is a carpet destroyer! If you don’t watch him he will go into a room and “nose” the door shut! Then he is trapped, panics and tries to burrow his way out destroying the carpet in the process! Have solved the problem now but needs vigilance!
They are both adorable...seriously!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Mt. Wachusett has been reserved for our first climbing hike of the season. The pictures are of Mt. Monadnock which we hadn't done in years because dogs aren't allowed. 40 years ago I did a hike of something like 90 miles / 150 km through rural Massachusetts and New Hampshire to the peak.
We were visiting my sister in law, who lives in Grantham, NH the last two weeks. Along with a few hikes near there, we also drove the Kangamangus hiway for fall color and also drove up Mt. Washington. Glorious fall color!

Camino(s) past & future
I’ve been catching up on some threads...and missed an entire day! :oops::oops::oops::p:p
I know! It takes forever to catch up if you miss a day or more. That's when you just get to the end and say "like, like, like, like" to all the above posts! :)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
For some mysteriously not serious reason (reason? seriously oxymoronic) this is not the ‘wrong thread’ ...
The best post of the day. Hahahahaha, CC.
The pictures are of Mt. Monadnock
Ah, now I see it. I've only been there twice, but such a view!
Happy beautiful season over there, Rick! (As opposed to mud season (AKA spring), bug season (summer), and winter....)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Not in the same league ... but an olden goldie from the Old Grey Whistle Test ...

(complete with a bit of a scratch :eek: @ +2.07)
(fast forwards, if you can, for the first 45 seconds, to the beginning of the video)
Aaaah! Mention of The Average White Band and whispering Bob as well! Part of my vinyl collection...will be put on later!...didn’t want to fast forward over the “whisperer” he’s part of the nostalgia fest!!:p

Last edited:

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
V

You've lost me ... :)
If you like guitar music check out Rodrigo y Gabriela; Hanuman for example, and watch her right hand work around 2min 10. It's like trying to spot the wings of a hummingbird in flight.

She was being interviewed on TV and was asked to explain what she was doing - her response: "I don't know, I just play what Rodrigo wrote . . . "

I saw them live in a tiny club Dublin when they lived in Ireland. They did their first number and hardly anybody applauded, then the house erupted!

Camino(s) past & future
hahaha, even english itself not clear for me too.
im afraid that 'vinyl collection' as i thought was very different from what google explained.o_O:rolleyes::eek:
Yaying, I thought you were just being extremely funny and clever with your remark, but instead you were serious, which is NOT allowed! :p

Yaying .... I wouldn’t put too much faith in Google. ;)

From your smilies, I get the feeling that you might have found another meaning ... possibly a more popular search topic than vinyl flooring, or the context within which BB used it.

‘Vinyl collection’ here, means a collection of 12” LP’s (records) ... as opposed to the same music on audio cassette or CD ... or in one of the many digital forms, such as a Walkman, iPod, Spotify etc.

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Mine wasn’t Spanish measles but German measles :eek:... apparently a new game to play whilst suffering

View attachment 47612 View attachment 47612
Goodforagmorning! (Nothing like it...but you know what i mean :p
Good morning Not Serious Forum 6:49am in Los Angeles home if the Olympic auditorium.

Please repost to the Not seriously bitten thread.
Amen

If you are posting...make sure you have mace at hand and an eye out for errant chihuahuas!...and if it doesn’t move you’ve sprayed a chocolate muffin!
Chihuahuas of Beverly Hills are tougher that that.

The red stuff belongs to the mace holder, not the Chihuahua.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Good morning Not Serious Forum 6:49am in Los Angeles home if the Olympic auditorium.

Amen

Chihuahuas of Beverly Hills are tougher that that.

The red stuff belongs to the mace holder, not the Chihuahua.
Quite right....seriously bitten! A visit to the not seriously bitten thread is advised as a remedy and an antidote!

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%