A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
True story: I'm at a briefing for new hires at my first professional job at a Fortune 500 company. We are told that the place is informal. An engineer says "Yeah, I decided this place was for me when during interviews I met a vice-president walking down the halls barefoot."
ouch! let him never get diabetes... and don't copy his example.. worse than bedbugs. how many socks does one bedbug need, by the way? Sabine is going to be pretty busy if she has to keep up with demand.

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
ouch! let him never get diabetes... and don't copy his example.. worse than bedbugs. how many socks does one bedbug need, by the way? Sabine is going to be pretty busy if she has to keep up with demand.
Oh dear this is gong to be much harder than I thought :)
I only started again with knitting after more than 30 years without....
Just finished my second attempt of knitting a scarf ( yep red!!! ) and that pattern for socks in " my beginner's guide " is way too complicated for simple me.

Nope I don't feel the pressure....;)

Attachments

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
It is Scientifically Proven that bed-bugs like red socks. I thought that was obvious. They are the uninvited part of the menagerie.

Actually, there is a bit of science to support my conclusion. Here.
Unbelievable! Is this for real?? If so, it needs to be moved to a "serious" thread. Lol! I'm going to purchase a new bottom sheet to bring on the Camino and it's going to be RED and I may not even have to spray it with Permathrin! :)

Advertisment

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (Aug/Sep 2017)
It is Scientifically Proven that bed-bugs like red socks. I thought that was obvious. They are the uninvited part of the menagerie.

Actually, there is a bit of science to support my conclusion. Here.
That’s good news for all us red-sockers! If you wear red socks there is a good chance that the bugs will stay in the socks! A few may not but they will be too busy looking for their spectacles to bite you :rolleyes:

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
@domigee, you may be getting one of the badges for FREE, as I think you possibly may be the winner of the thread with the most posts ever...over 500 so far! Maybe Kanga can enlighten us since she's one of the forum's "top dogs". ;) Hey, that makes me wonder, can dogs come to the party, too?

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Once you start walking there's no knowing where your feet are going to take you :)

Hey, you just have to read this thread all over again just to see where everything and everyone takes you to!:cool:
Imagination, wisdom and words bring you everywhere...To all the corners of the world...and to all those corners in your mind you did not know the existence of!;)

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Hey, you just have to read this thread all over again just to see where everything and everyone takes you to!:cool:
Imagination, wisdom and words bring you everywhere...To all the corners of the world...and to all those corners in your mind you did not know the existence of!;)
Ten times like

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
So the answer is 'anywhere' - I like that.. :D

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
No, the Wrightsocks are so good that my feet don't bleed like they did with my previous socks so not red at all...just happy feet now.
Another reason red socks are so awesome..they camouflage bleeding feet. No bleach rquired when washing.

yaying

Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
shortcut
before this
372 (i clicked like from the start)
=150 (i need to read & to click) but i really want to comment too! o_O
maam @jsalt @domigee & sir @Rick of Rick and Peg still looking for elephant?
madam @Kanga let me borrow to remind them how u find, elephant whose wearing red socks, that needs to pull out first the giraffe from the fridge that was knitted beautifully by mama @Kiwi-family that makes it looks like a sophisticated wall design instead of a fridge.

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
@stgcph gave us permission to make our own badges. Remember..
I am just going to print it, laminate it and stick it on my backpack with a safety pin (that way it can also be quickly removed if it stirs too many odd questions)
Feel free to do the same.
And so yes I´m going to put the homemade laminate version on my ryggsäck. :) But when (not if ;)) he makes the woven velcro, then I´m gonna make an order.

Buy the way, I have a quistion.. Do anyone of you wear Buffs? I´ve put an order for one for me, and now I wounder about giraffs, do they like Buffs or do they prefer scarfes?

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
Yes, but was the laminated patch really made and attached, or is this a "fake" photoshop image? ;)
I don't know about Peters creation, but this is the real thing. Sorry for the unsharp picture, the laminated version is very reflective (colors adjusted to better match my pack -I think. Foppish? Me? Seriously!)

Badge on pack.jpg

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future

And so yes I´m going to put the homemade laminate version on my ryggsäck. :) But when (not if ;)) he makes the woven velcro, then I´m gonna make an order.

Buy the way, I have a quistion.. Do anyone of you wear Buffs? I´ve put an order for one for me, and now I wounder about giraffs, do they like Buffs or do they prefer scarfes?
A giraffe would need a specialized custom made buff and it would need to have many yards of fabric to cover its l o n g neck!

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
I don't know about Peters creation, but this is the real thing. Sorry for the unsharp picture, the laminated version is very reflective (colors adjusted to better match my pack -I think. Foppish? Me? Seriously!)

View attachment 39588
Looks great to , mine is also laminated .

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future

how many buffs would a giraffe need? answers to be based on EXPERIENCE. doesn't have to be your own. Do you know any friendly zookeepers who could test it out?
And can I just say, I LOVE typos. Seriously. No kidding.

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
how many buffs would a giraffe need? answers to be based on EXPERIENCE. doesn't have to be your own. Do you know any friendly zookeepers who could test it out?
And can I just say, I LOVE typos. Seriously. No kidding.
I like typos too, but only when they are someone else's, not my own! :)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
My camino musings.

I'll Push you during gray skies, but don't walk off the road and get hitt.

I wonder if Shirley saw Paulo's black dog while walking el camino. The pilgrimage she undertook in the past and the past and the very, very past.

Lastly, along the way I will find my red socks.

Stivandrer

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
I like the video suggested in your youtube example better:
Man of Constant Sorrow - I´ve seen trouble all my days,
sounds more like some concerned Camiono traveler to me - seriously !

Camino Chris

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
I go away for a few days and what have you done????? :D:D:D Real badges, knitting workshops, trillions of posts I even haven't had time to 'like' - I'm laughing too much!!! Whatever next? :D
I think you're all awesome :cool:
Nice to have you "back in the fold" domigee! You are definately the founder and head CEO of this thread! :)

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I go away for a few days and what have you done????? :D:D:D Real badges, knitting workshops, trillions of posts I even haven't had time to 'like' - I'm laughing too much!!! Whatever next? :D
I think you're all awesome :cool:
All hail @domigee: Queen of this unserious thread.

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
To many people had walked all over town, so I couldn´t find any footprints in the snow. But I went in to one of the two churches that surrounds the town square and there I found this little fellow with a winebarrel on his back..
It did strike me, mind you, when I saw it among your photos...

yaying

Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
To many people had walked all over town, so I couldn´t find any footprints in the snow. But I went in to one of the two churches that surrounds the town square and there I found this little fellow with a winebarrel on his back..
i thought it was a donkey but when i view it large, i got confused whether a head of an animal or a torch...:rolleyes:

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Have spiders with red feet been included? Think about it...could be very useful for infrastructure.

Camino(s) past & future
Via Francigena (2017), plus more than 2000 Km/year of trekking, hiking and minor caminos since 2000.
An Italian guy in October 2016 did a pilgrimage from Palermo (Sicily) to Rome.
No structured organization, no signs, no albergues... no official Compostela!
So he designed and walked his personal Camino and, of course, he had to make his personal Compostela.
When he could not have sellos on the way, he drew icons of the places where he stopped.
Here you can see his masterpiece.
The happy end happened in Rome, where the the Service of Pilgrims' Reception Ad Limina Petri in the San Lorenzo not only accepted that self-made document to give the Testimonium, but warmly congratulated that pilgrim, and wanted to take pictures of it! :cool:

credenziale.jpg

Last edited:

kirkie

Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Morning, afternoon, evening... wherever you are, have a lovely day next time it swings into view. Snow flurries are predicted at a spot near me in the coming days. The national snow plough will be called into service. I heard it was being revamped in re(a)diness... and legislation is being rushed through to enforce the attachment in the accompanying photo to be mandatory for all vehicles, in the national interest. Foreign countries please copy. No exceptions. You never know when the snow will fall, nor where.
Screen Shot 2018-02-27 at 07.49.03.png

Rick of Rick and Peg

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
You never know when the snow will fall, nor where.
Peg knows. All winter long and on her old hometown. That's why she doesn't live there anymore. She told me that one winter it snowed (at least a little) every day from Christmas to the first day of spring. And this is in the upper New York state lake effect snow area.

VNwalking

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2014, 2015)
St Olav/Francés (2016)
Baztanés/Francés (2017)
Ingles (July 2018)
I go away for a few days and what have you done?????
And for some reason, I was not getting notifications that you were all here being deadly serious, even competitive - so I missed it all!
:eek::D:D:D
Ladies and Gents, it is time to take this thread seriously !!!
Never.

Except to say that I saw this poor frozen elephant in the Washington Post and hope someone has managed to find her red socks, PDQ! Capture.PNG

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
Except to say that I saw this poor frozen elephant in the Washington Post and hope someone has managed to find her red socks, PDQ!
Maybe it is a mammufant?

In 2017 it was reported that scientists at Harward were working on combining DNA from a 4000 year old corpse of a mammut with elephant DNA. Maybe they succeeded and we didn’t hear about it? As strong as our non-serious group has grown, we may be able to lobby to change the experiment so that they breed the mammufant with permanent red socks?

Actually it’s a little scary.

By the way, I am thinking of changing my avatar- what do you think?

New avatar.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.
We will stay with the giraffes , elephants and gnoes .;);)
o_O:eek:
Donkey felt a bit sad bye this exclusion. He thought he was only waiting for his red socks that @domigee offered to knit him, then he would start walking to Santiago. But now his really depressed an just sits there in a hole. I´m worried for him..

Åsna i brunn.png

Peter Fransiscus

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
And for some reason, I was not getting notifications that you were all here being deadly serious, even competitive - so I missed it all!
:eek::D:D:D
Never.

Except to say that I saw this poor frozen elephant in the Washington Post and hope someone has managed to find her red socks, PDQ! View attachment 39779
Poor animal , he needs a hot shower and after new red socks .

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 24 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 85 15.8%
  • May

Votes: 142 26.3%
  • June