A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

NOT a serious thread

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

(A challenge for the non-native English speakers. Hint: noun, verb, preposition, article, noun; compound plural noun, verb, article, noun.)
Nice challenge Rick! Always interested in languages, particularly the formation and origin of words. As I started to teach myself some Spanish I found it necessary to, firstly, deconstruct and understand my own a bit better. (Non-participant of course)!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I just checked my watch and it is either five hairs before a freckle or someone has stolen my watch.
Happy Tuesday everyone! Yaying has to wait, this is her weekend...;)
What?? It's Friday morning here at 6:00am. I'm having my coffee while looking at the forum. Kirkie, you must be joking (aka Not serious), or you have slept straight for three days!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
What?? It's Friday morning here at 6:00am. I'm having my coffee while looking at the forum. Kirkie, you must be joking (aka Not serious), or you have slept straight for three days!
I know Bristol time was different from GMT by about eight minutes (and we’ve a clock to prove it with two minute hands)...but three days???? That’s a serious difference!:D:D:D
When I was eighteen I lost three days!o_O

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Here we say oooh ahhhh! :D.....
That’s why when Bristol City scores a goal..it takes 10 minutes for the crowd to cheer!
I was seriously lost after the first capital A! :p
I am seriously lost when "you all" from "over there" talk about things such as your sports, your expressions, your tv shows, your celebrities, yada, yada....just sayin. Sometimes can't give a "like" when I'm fumbling in the dark looking for the LIKE button.:oops: But thats ok, I just wait until the talk gets back on "track"...whether it be a train track, cassette track or tracks made by RED socks...because what goes around, comes around, oh, that would be vinyl, as in record, not flooring! :D

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
works every time. What's the time? Half pst two. Thanks. Five seconds later. Head swivels. What did you say? Well, look at your own watch!
What day is it? Tuesday. etc.
Why not? It was something I saw many years ago. There are times people ask questions but are not really paying attention.
Now having said all that: I was out all day. and came home to a lovely letter from the bank saying that as there had been insufficient funds in the account.... you know the rest. EEK! and it is Friday! No more banking till Monday. Rang the intended recipient of the standing order and no harm done. He will not be evicted. phew!!!
And I see I put the cat among the pigeons here ! Yeah! So now, off you go, you wonderful people. Find a cartoon to match! Ready, steady go!!!

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
works every time. What's the time? Half pst two. Thanks. Five seconds later. Head swivels. What did you say? Well, look at your own watch!
What day is it? Tuesday. etc.
Why not? It was something I saw many years ago. There are times people ask questions but are not really paying attention.
Now having said all that: I was out all day. and came home to a lovely letter from the bank saying that as there had been insufficient funds in the account.... you know the rest. EEK! and it is Friday! No more banking till Monday. Rang the intended recipient of the standing order and no harm done. He will not be evicted. phew!!!
And I see I put the cat among the pigeons here ! Yeah! So now, off you go, you wonderful people. Find a cartoon to match! Ready, steady go!!!
cat-among-the-pigeons.jpg
Here is one.

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
If you like guitar music check out Rodrigo y Gabriela; Hanuman for example, and watch her right hand work around 2min 10. It's like trying to spot the wings of a hummingbird in flight.

She was being interviewed on TV and was asked to explain what she was doing - her response: "I don't know, I just play what Rodrigo wrote . . . "

I saw them live in a tiny club Dublin when they lived in Ireland. They did their first number and hardly anybody applauded, then the house erupted!

woooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww....

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Ha! My eye was drawn to the shopping bags. Who can name the street where the shop advertised behind the young man is located? It is simply a google task, not necessary to have physically seen it yourself.
It’s no good...my eyes couldn’t make it out and couldn’t expand! Will post some YouTube footage of a couple of buskers (ok probably a bit more than buskers) who play in my home town!... not in the same league but enjoyable anyway!

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
Ha! My eye was drawn to the shopping bags. Who can name the street where the shop advertised behind the young man is located? It is simply a google task, not necessary to have physically seen it yourself.
oh... i was blinded by listening... yuh, we have that m&s here too.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
i though he will never ever strum the guitar aside from tapping it ( guitarist on the left):p
He does play yaying..that particular mash up requires a particular beat. if you are interested they play a mean Bohemian Rhapsody...the (Bristle) boys play dance/acoustic and have played at Glastonbury (a big music festival in England)..... not bad for buskers!

Last edited:

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Contemplating yet another "final" camino
Porto to SdC May 2019
Would it happen to be Grafton Street in the city where the girls are so pretty?

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC May 2019
And here’s the clock with three hands..seriously. This can cause some confusion to the unwary :p

View attachment 47718
The hairdressers where I get my curling locks shorn has a wall clock that goes backwards but when you sit in the barbers chair and look in the mirror it looks normal!

1540026090519.png
normal view / mirror view

I've asked where he bought it but he will never say.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
The hairdressers where I get my curling locks shorn has a wall clock that goes backwards but when you sit in the barbers chair and look in the mirror it looks normal!

View attachment 47755

Guys in the office next to one I used to work in had a confusing clock labelled Australian Time. It was the standard analog office clock hung upside down with the hands pointing to incorrect numbers. The hands however were in the correct position. Example: big hand on 6 and small hand on 10 meant it was 4:00.

Peter Fransiscus

Do good and good will come to you.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.

View attachment 47755

My heardresser has also a clock running backwards, Seriously .:rolleyes::cool:

Camino(s) past & future
I loved listening to the two guitar duos. They were awesome!
Tomorrow. They are coming to my Sunday knitting workshop.I need a live model so I am grateful they can make it.
Ordered some extra cake.
Tomorrow. They are coming to my Sunday knitting workshop.I need a live model so I am grateful they can make it.
Ordered some extra cake.
Did you order some extra yarn, too? Those guys are big!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
I never read the book, but saw this as a movie last year. A very touching and sobering story, seriously.
Holocaust survival interviews, books, and movies are a particular interest to me. Have to look for both book and movie.

Camino(s) past & future
What about him , this is Serious.
The ‘boy’ I refer to is not part of the serious story of the same name. He is not a boy, but a man, seen for a few seconds at the bottom right of the screen fixing something while the guitarists are playing... seriously

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
In a new thread a Kiwi was concerned about the Pamplona to SJPDP bus going over the edge (or at least being uncomfortable with the idea of the fear it could.) In my reply I left out this advice: Do the same in the bus as you would in an airplane; sit in the last row. It isn't any safer but if something does go wrong you have a brief moment to comfort yourself with the thought that at least you will be the last to die.

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Holocaust survival interviews, books, and movies are a particular interest to me. Have to look for both book and movie.

Have it double and would send it to you but I see that the Kindle version is quite reasonably priced.
Or I could leave it on a next Camino in an albergue and you might by accident find it there. Serendipity ...;)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
If anyone is interested there is a little known memorial to the holocaust victims adjacent to Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris!...it is amazing!
Down some steps and the memorial is infinite (the clever use of mirrors)
Now to the less serious..cross the Seine and there is a cafe where the sparrows are tame and will perch on your hand and take bread an titbits...amazing also!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
If anyone is interested there is a little known memorial to the holocaust victims adjacent to Norte Dame Cathedral in Paris!...it is amazing!
Now to the less serious..cross the Seine and there is a cafe where the sparrows are tame and will perch on your hand and take bread an titbits...amazing also!
Quick! bristle boy! You are needed on the other not serious thread!

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
If anyone is interested there is a little known memorial to the holocaust victims adjacent to Norte Dame Cathedral in Paris!...it is amazing!

It is impressive indeed. When I visited it I did not take any pictures because in some way I found it inappropiate at that moment but here is a link.
https://bonjourparis.com/monuments-...rtation-stone-walls-black-iron-and-the-seine/

Less serious : I love the Paris terraces minus the birds ( even tame they scare me )

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Porto to SdC May 2019
In a new thread a Kiwi was concerned about the Pamplona to SJPDP bus going over the edge (or at least being uncomfortable with the idea of the fear it could.) In my reply I left out this advice: Do the same in the bus as you would in an airplane; sit in the last row. It isn't any safer but if something does go wrong you have a brief moment to comfort yourself with the thought that at least you will be the last to die.
1540151856849.png

Or not.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%