A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

NOT a serious thread

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Love it!...you’re looking for the word “fibbing” (trying to be polite)!:D...it is an “age range” label....isn’t it????
Even if it's your pant waist/length size and not your age range you're still showing off with your very narrow waist! ;)
P.S. I didn't think you used inches as a measurement in the UK.

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Even if it's your pant waist/length size and not your age range you're still showing off with your very narrow waist! ;)
P.S. I didn't think you used inches as a measurement in the UK.
Yes we do! Some of us dinosaurs still operate in feet and inches! Can never get used to kilometres...and when things are in centimetres I’m totally lost! I shouldn’t really admit but I can still add up
In pounds, shillings and pence (pre-decimal).
Don’t you just love those Romans? :p

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.

domigee

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(x4), Fisterra/Muxía(x2), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham,
C inglés. 2019? Who knows! ;-)
Oh nooooo! More cleaning and cooking silliness...pleeeeeease! :D:D:D:D:D:D
Well I’ve looked after a house and many children for many years and it sort of worked out ok....I thought. (I mean, we are still here to tell the tale...)
Until, I helped my sister look after her ‘b&b’ :oops: i didn’t have a clue and followed her blindly, bucket and mop in hand :oops: I followed her every step and her every move. I learnt a lot and lived to wonder how we had managed to survive all these years :oops:

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Wow I am impressed! Obviously not called Rydell (hope I spelt it correctly) High School!
Venice High when I went waaayback in the 70’s.

Now, I think it is called Venice Skills something.

I think I just missed the anniversary Grease movie showing on campus. What anniversary can not remember.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
A recipe is , a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required.
Peter, did you study logistics? An interesting lesson i used to use with second chance learners was: prepare a set of instructions on how to boil an egg... or make a cup of tea...

A recipe is , a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required.
Thank you, Peter ;)
I have some books but only leaf through them for ideas .... and I like looking at the pretty pictures ... :cool:

My way of cooking a meal is to see what we have in the way of food and to cook something with it ... we tend to buy what is good (quality and value) from local shops/growers etc.
Feeding people is a creative ‘act’ .... the only problem with this is that I often can’t recreate a meal. There are one or two that I do repeat ... but they are never exactly the same. On the few occasions that I do follow a recipe, I always alter at least one thing about it .... :)
I received the 1080 recipe tome (huge!) by the Ortegas, for Christmas, I think ...
but I haven’t used it much ... I just wanted to understand Spanish cooking.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you, Peter ;)
I have some books but only leaf through them for ideas .... and I like looking at the pretty pictures ... :cool:

My way of cooking a meal is to see what we have in the way of food and to cook something with it ... we tend to buy what is good (quality and value) from local shops/growers etc.
Feeding people is a creative ‘act’ .... the only problem with this is that I often can’t recreate a meal. There are one or two that I do repeat ... but they are never exactly the same. On the few occasions that I do follow a recipe, I always alter at least one thing about it .... :)
I received the 1080 recipe tome (huge!) by the Ortegas, for Christmas, I think ...Rey book
The only thing that cookery books do for me is.... make me hungry!

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you, Peter ;)

I received the 1080 recipe tome (huge!) by the Ortegas, for Christmas, I think ...
I have that. I love reading cookery books. Using them is another story.I do repeat one recipe though, for pancakes. Savoury pancakes. I will post if anybody asks. From another huge book, the Forgotten Skills of Cooking by one of the Allen family in Ireland.

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I have that. I love reading cookery books. Using them is another story.I do repeat one recipe though, for pancakes. Savoury pancakes. I will post if anybody asks. From another huge book, the Forgotten Skills of Cooking by one of the Allen family in Ireland.
Mmmmm! Pancakes!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I must have forgotten to get the forgotten skills of cooking!

Camino(s) past & future
Ok, decided to make half the mixture. Doing it in stages as i have to interrupt for some Skype calls. Courgette (zucchini for USA folks) a bit of carrot, some broccoli and a pepper. Usually I would have some chicken or minced something but today it will be just veg as I have some plaice to pan fry first. The other one who eats in this house - there are only two of us! - hates vegetables and healthy food so i know already that because there are no potatoes I am on a loser... I will post more later. The end of the batter is the most interesting part for my partner in crime - with sugar and lemon. No lemon, so sugar will do. Chinacat said to use whatever is there, no?
EB5A1045-8FCA-4E6C-AD13-DB6809499EEA.jpeg

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
And I make rather good fish cakes if I say so myself. Well courtesy to the wonderful recipes from Nigel Slater.
Well you keep the recipes coming and over the next few weeks I’ll let you know how I do!
Don’t worry about calories I’ve got three other yoooomans to experiment on!
Anchovies in a vinairgrette sauce...loads of fishy yum!

SabineP

Camino = Empathy + Compassion.
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Well you keep the recipes coming and over the next few weeks I’ll let you know how I do!
Don’t worry about calories I’ve got three other yoooomans to experiment on!
Anchovies in a vinairgrette sauce...loads of fishy yum!
Will send you our family recipe for Flemish Stew! Or better, just pop over and we will serve it to you.

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
Might do one day...ironically cooking two lots of beef casserole (stew)...baby potatoes and peas as we speak! Only if you promise two Belgian beers (like something with dinner! :D

Sending you this virtual one. Goes perfectly in and with stew. Now enjoy dinner. I'm logging out for now.

a-st-bernardus-abt-12.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Might do one day...ironically cooking two lots of beef casserole (stew)...baby potatoes and peas as we speak! Only if you promise two Belgian beers (like something with dinner! :D
Ooooh.

Yum!!!

PM your address.

I am hoping a plane, LAX is only fifteen minutes from home, then transport to your home.

Bringing my own fork and apron.

I know it is tacky to appear uninvited, but the menu, the menu!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future

SabineP

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Here is the soup "recipe" I'm known for by friends. It is my usual contribution to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Get a bottle or can of low salt V8 vegetable juice drink. Look at the ingredients and get some and put them in a Crock-Pot and then collect more of different kinds of vegetables either on hand, healthful, pretty, the right texture or some combination of these. Everything should be in reasonable sized chunks. Add the V8 and turn the Crock-Pot on until it is time to turn it off. Oh yes, don't add any vegetables that I don't like to eat.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
How would you spot the “gatecrashers” otherwise?
Hey, what about everyone who has ever sneaked a look at this thread, as well as all contributors, has to post a recipe for something. Anything. And we can work out who helps domigee to select the least serious recipe....

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Hey, what about everyone who has ever sneaked a look at this thread, as well as all contributors, has to post a recipe for something. Anything. And we can work out who helps domigee to select the least serious recipe....
Sounds good to me!...I’m a very not serious cook!
P.S. no need to worry about your floors...I’ve been shooed!!! Eeeeh asawww!

Last edited:
Darina?
I looked for your recipe in another (huge) book by her .... and was very surprised to see that there was no mention of Pancakes’ in the index ...
Yours look delicious ... you are an ace pancake maker ... they look perfect! :cool:

Ah, Sabine! I have to run now, but you are so funny, and more than that, much more...
As Peter said ... you are so right!

How about The Pooh Cook Book?

321AD219-21FF-474E-9685-704363EEDFA6.jpeg

It’s a bit tatty ... but it is 44 years old ...

Camino(s) past & future
Darina?
I looked for your recipe in another (huge) book by her .... and was very surprised to see that there was no mention of Pancakes’ in the index ...
Yours look delicious ... you are an ace pancake maker ... they look perfect! :cool:

I wuuved my Pooh records.

BB or Jeff Crowley, are either ofyou near the 100 acre wood?

If so, we could have our anniversary party there.

View attachment 47980

Camino(s) past & future
Darina?

View attachment 47980

I have never heard of this... tomorrow (today !) I have a mission...

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Here is the soup "recipe" I'm known for by friends. It is my usual contribution to Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. Get a bottle or can of low salt V8 vegetable juice drink. Look at the ingredients and get some and put them in a Crock-Pot and then collect more of different kinds of vegetables either on hand, healthful, pretty, the right texture or some combination of these. Everything should be in reasonable sized chunks. Add the V8 and turn the Crock-Pot on until it is time to turn it off. Oh yes, don't add any vegetables that I don't like to eat.
I don't want to eat anything "healthy" on Thanksgiving or Christmas. :p

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
10:20pm here.

Just finished watching Walking to Santiago: Six Camino Ways. Nice.

Eyes are saying goodnight eventhough brain wants to remain awake.

Night.
I have the opposite (as it’s morning here)
Eyes are saying good morning even though the brain is fast asleep (nothing new there)

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 187 24.6%