A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

The big map o the Caminos de Santiago

NOT a serious thread

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
So there you go, nycwalking. Every day brings a new gift. If only my back foot could do its job right now! Slightly hampered. Feet come in for different roles in my background, but one of them belongs to a forbidden forum topic so you are just going to have to be mystified at what it could be. Seriously.
Bristle boy has found another one, much better!

Camino(s) past & future
Top of the class (for now!)!
you know, my head is all over the place. BB has cracked it once more. Can you hear the tune? Davey, Davey, Crockett, King of the Wild ..... I only saw that now! What a dope I am ! twice top of the class, sir. Although, that is not a good model, to be awarding prizes when everyone deserves a prize.

Bristle boy

Here,There and Everywhere..Nowhere in particular.
Camino(s) past & future
Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Perhaps it’s time to look for that emu!
I've had two emus in my life. I met one at a private game park outside of Brisbane. It stood on my foot and looked me in the eye. Not wanting to end up looking worse nor having my guts laid out on the ground I patiently waited for it to move. Another was encountered while I returned from a day hike in a national park. I looked behind and saw an emu approaching me on the trail. I stepped aside and watched it pass me. At the campground I mentioned this strange occurrence to a ranger. "Oh, that would have been Charlie. He goes into the outback following hikers with yellow packs."

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Last edited:

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
eekk... less authentic???
It's real. They're just friends.
Adorable! Just like at the albergues!
Yep. First one there gets the bottom bunk.
Don’t forget the sprinkles and marshmallows (?) on your soup
Here's the soup. Counting the vegetables in the V8 drink itself there are 18 total. The butter knife is standing up by itself. Served with whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkles. The mini-marshmallows are being saved for the gravy.

Screenshot_20181122-092739.png

Some of the above is fake news.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to the Americans. Happy Day to the rest.

Camino(s) past & future
It's real. They're just friends.

Yep. First one there gets the bottom bunk.

Here's the soup. Counting the vegetables in the V8 drink itself there are 18 total. The butter knife is standing up by itself. Served with whipped cream and cinnamon sprinkles. The mini-marshmallows are being saved for the gravy.

View attachment 49113

Some of the above is fake news.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to the Americans. Happy Day to the rest.
love the look of that soup. Any chance of the recipe? And hey! Thanksgiving is not owned by USA! It behoves us all to celebrate and be thankful. But ok, I give it to those of you who live over there!!! hope the day is everything that it needs to be.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Recipe for V8 soup: V8, vegetables, heat and eat.

I make it only for feasts in a three quart crock pot and I only put in vegetables I like. The V8 drink comes in a quart and a half bottle (about 1.3 liters) and I use the low salt version. I pour that into the pot first and then fill the pot with cut up veggies. Not completely full as it will expand. I use dried, fresh, canned and frozen vegetables.

This year I skipped the radishes but added lentils and potatoes (frozen French fries for baking cut into small cubes.) I thought about adding some combination of rice, wild rice and pasta this year but decided to keep it just vegetables.

The V8 ingredients are tomato, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach. I added diced tomatoes, sliced carrots and celery and cut spinach (from the V8 ingredients.) This year I also added pearl onions, wax and green beans, corn (maize), potatoes, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and lentils. I keep adjusting the temperature on the crock pot from high to low while test tasting until it can go low until served.

Great for crowds as nearly everyone can eat it. No gluten, nuts or dairy. Low salt, low sugar, low fat. That of course depends on the toppings you decorate it with.

Camino(s) past & future
Recipe for V8 soup: V8, vegetables, heat and eat.

I make it only for feasts in a three quart crock pot and I only put in vegetables I like. The V8 drink comes in a quart and a half bottle (about 1.3 liters) and I use the low salt version. I pour that into the pot first and then fill the pot with cut up veggies. Not completely full as it will expand. I use dried, fresh, canned and frozen vegetables.

This year I skipped the radishes but added lentils and potatoes (frozen French fries for baking cut into small cubes.) I thought about adding some combination of rice, wild rice and pasta this year but decided to keep it just vegetables.

The V8 ingredients are tomato, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach. I added diced tomatoes, sliced carrots and celery and cut spinach (from the V8 ingredients.) This year I also added pearl onions, wax and green beans, corn (maize), potatoes, peas, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and lentils. I keep adjusting the temperature on the crock pot from high to low while test tasting until it can go low until served.

Great for crowds as nearly everyone can eat it. No gluten, nuts or dairy. Low salt, low sugar, low fat. That of course depends on the toppings you decorate it with.
So, thank you so much for this recipe. I have a crock pot and have been using it for cooking meat and veg, but now I see I can make a ginormous pot of soup with bits and once I have enough containers, I can have soup to keep us going for a week! I look forward to that. Now, my confession: I looked up V8 nad so now know I can use an alternative, eg a stock cube of two or some real chicken stock or whatever. You just have a wonderful gathering, wishing you all the best!
4C9BC292-AAA6-49A7-A169-CCB07C6EA8FA.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
We haven't left yet with the soup and Peg's pumpkin pie (not from canned pumpkins, it was a Halloween survivor.) We have just listened to a modern Thanksgiving 18 and a half minute radio tradition, Arlo Gunthie's "Alice's Restaurant Massacree". I'll let its Wikipedia page describe it and its relation to Thanksgiving. The events occurred in the towns depicted by Norman Rockwell in his illustrations and paintings.

So, since this is not a serious thread, here is "Alice's Restaurant" (YouTube id: m57gzA2JCcM)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I have made a similar version of V8 juice soup for years. I usually add in chick peas (garbonzo beans) as the filler in addition to all the veggies. I like (love) shredded cheddar cheese on top of each bowl. However, rich cream soups are my absolute favorites, even though not as 'heart healthy'.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, everyone!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
I love foodie posts.....yum! Cheddar is just up the road...must get a nice piece, authentically wrapped and offer it as a prize for the next quiz posed on this thread and award it to the top mouse in the not serious!!!
Perhaps a foodie type quiz incapable of being googled! Just a thought!....might even include
Something local to drink..would look great in a hamper!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Not according to Kirkie...she’s got her foot in one! No seriously...a pre Christmas offering!
I’ll go down and get a nice piece of cheddar from the source (and a jar of the local “apple” juice! The winning mouse in any forthcoming pre Christmas quiz can have it for being the cats whiskers (sorry for the mixed metaphors).

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
BB, are you being NOT serious, or serious with your prize offer?...Remember, Jeff really did mail me red socks for my elephant doorstops! 😉
Oh I’m being serious (on the not serious)! I’ll put together a little West Country offering as a prize and despatch it to the winner. My way of saying thanks in a way! Just don’t know what the quiz is yet..and I must pose it in a way that everyone can get!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I’ve been done like a kipper!!! (That’s a local idiom for being “smoked”...and hung to dry😂😂😂 my leg was pulled so hard you can hear the bells wherever you are...and I fell for it!!!
😯My bad, sorry!

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Right then you guys! On 30 th November I will be posting a quiz for you to take part in! I will also post a picture of a prize which will consist of something nice for the season, something Wallace and Grommit (ish), a selection of anything nice my locality has to offer in a way in the form of a mini hamper!
The quiz will only be open to anyone who has posted on this thread as of midnight tonight!
It will be multinational (so no bias) not too hard but not too easy! It is done by way of me saying thank you for tolerating me over the past year and the laughs and joy this thread has provided me.
I feel all correspondence and replies should be done by way of pm’s so as not to clog up this thread and I will endeavour to make it worth joining in on! Wait for it......

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
....The quiz will only be open to anyone who has posted on this thread as of midnight tonight!
It all sounds very serious to me.;););)
Seriously, BB, you couldn't mail something to me if you tried, but I'll be watching from the sidelines.

Camino(s) past & future
Right then you guys! On 30 th November I will be posting a quiz for you to take part in! I will also post a picture of a prize which will consist of something nice for the season, something Wallace and Grommit (ish), a selection of anything nice my locality has to offer in a way in the form of a mini hamper!
The quiz will only be open to anyone who has posted on this thread as of midnight tonight!
It will be multinational (so no bias) not too hard but not too easy! It is done by way of me saying thank you for tolerating me over the past year and the laughs and joy this thread has provided me.
I feel all correspondence and replies should be done by way of pm’s so as not to clog up this thread and I will endeavour to make it worth joining in on! Wait for it......
Does your qualifying time include yaying? You are very generous sir! You can use the same courier as me for the birthday present I sent to domigee...
And thinking of CC When my friend gives back our clean laundry basket- which she borrowed months ago for a photo shoot of her new granddaughter - I will show you how to repurpose a gift hamper. The other day, as she passed the ironing pile on the back of a chair I told her it was time to give back the basket. After saying she didn’t know where it was, then she thought further and said it is probably up in the attic. That explains it, why I never see it in her handkerchief sized house!

Camino(s) past & future

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
Does your qualifying time include yaying? You are very generous sir! You can use the same courier as me for the birthday present I sent to domigee...
And thinking of CC When my friend gives back our clean laundry basket- which she borrowed months ago for a photo shoot of her new granddaughter - I will show you how to repurpose a gift hamper. The other day, as she passed the ironing pile on the back of a chair I told her it was time to give back the basket. After saying she didn’t know where it was, then she thought further and said it is probably up in the attic. That explains it, why I never see it in her handkerchief sized house!
Everything includes yaying..this is going to be a very inclusive exercise...perhaps this is yayings moment! It will be open to anyone posting on this thread from inception until midnight last night and any time differences will be “weighted”. This (I hope) will be for fun and will be seriously inclusive for all!

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
goodmorafnight every one... hows ur weekend. spent it well to ur love ones...in case u dont have one (like me) nearby... i talk to the trees and smile to ramdon people at the corniche.
There you are, Yaying! We've missed you. Sorry to hear you have no family nearby to celebrate the holiday with you. I give you a virtual forum hug now. Hopefully it's better than nothing, right? ! 🙅👭

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
ouch it falls on fridayo_O

is it something about pastries?

im not qualified :(
You most certainly are yaying!!! Here I am, in my own little albergue, trying to devise twenty not serious questions which I (I hope) provides some not serious entertainment for a while!
Just for you yaying...Wallace and Grommitt!

Camino(s) past & future
ouch it falls on fridayo_O

is it something about pastries?

im not qualified :(
Yes you are qualified, Yaying! My clock is always accurate and it's only 10:25pm, so you have "thirty five minutes, plus one hour" left to qualify...and you are here already! 😂

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
There you are, Yaying! We've missed you. Sorry to hear you have no family nearby to celebrate the holiday with you. I give you a virtual forum hug now. Hopefully it's better than nothing, right? ! 🙅👭
missed all of you too.
imagination works.:p
thank u very many for the hug.:)
indeed better than zero.:)

Bristle boy

Camino(s) past & future
It’s open to anyone who has posted on the not serious from domigees first post until a few nights ago! You are the best “qualified” yaying!!! You already have two bonus points before the first question!! It is not serious after all!!! (Anyone taking it seriously will be deducted 5 points)

Last edited:

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
You most certainly are yaying!!! Here I am, in my own little albergue, trying to devise twenty not serious questions which I (I hope) provides some not serious entertainment for a while!
Just for you yaying...Wallace and Grommitt!
yallah, yallah... so excited!... winning is good, but being part of the game is joyful.
lets all win peps!

yaying

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
somehow someday...
It’s open to anyone who has posted on the not serious from domigees first post until a few nights ago! You are the best “qualified” yaying!!! You already have two bonus points before the first question!! It is not serious after all!!!
this thread making me lazy to work today and hyper to be here only....

life....c u guys later...
oh @Bristle boy @kirkie very good sunshine i wish to u
@Camino Chris a good night camino dream i wish for u
@nycwalking nyti nyti

p.s.
any news about @Sailor

Camino(s) past & future
huh? what is it then?
ur serious right?
Well, I think these UK and EU folks think it is some kind of basket used to place a variety of gifts in. I'm being serious (oh no :eek:) on the NOT serious club...I mean thread.

Camino(s) past & future
I am going to ‘use’ this thread for something that is serious, but if you ever manage to see it, you will find lots of smiley moments, so I excuse myself in advance.
I went to see The Camino Voyage. I posted it in media but am copying it here because I have no idea if media gets much attention. This re-post is not about me, it is about a film that deserves to be seen. They need publicity from what I gathered in the questions and answers at the end. I had watched some of it on tv before, but it was wonderful to watch it on the big screen. a very different Camino, and no mention of walking 100km for a Compostela! Plenty of comments though, of the power of the seas, and there was one comment that struck me, uttered by Danny the poet: it wasn't only the men making the pilgrimage: it was also the weather, and more importantly, the boat. The men were just the crew. There were lovely notes like that, calling on the need for humility in the face of the great elements, the mighty strength of the vast oceans.
I leave out something, you need to watch it to discover what it is. You could of course google it, but if you plan to watch it, just wait.
I see from another advertisement that there are showings as follows:The Camino Voyage screen from Friday, November 23 at the IFI, Dublin; Pálas, Galway; IMC, Dún Laoghaire; Triskel, Cork; Cinema, Killarney; Phoenix, Dingle
While a lot of the dialogue is in Irish, there are sub-texts and it is not difficult to follow them.
The chair of the Camino Society spoke briefly at the end, and pointed out that the voyagers had touched land in Wales, England, Brittany, Spain... and they were successful in showing through their sharing of culture what brings peoples together, not what marks differences. One French gentleman was given a glass of home stilled liquid, and warned to take it in sips. He quaffed it all... and his face was a study! a lovely lovely film. Try to get to it if you ever hear it is on.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 11 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 114 14.5%
  • May

Votes: 191 24.3%