A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

NOT a serious thread

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) portugues(2013)San Salvador (2017)
and I am just after finishing ( I love this Irish way of speaking) me dinner, and I was reminded of a special lunch on the Salvador last summer. Sardines, with beautiful bread we begged for, and paid for, in a roadside cafe about five km outside of La Robla. So, back to Jamón: what's the story? It can be pink, but red?

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
now, hang on here: have I missed something crucial? Jamón???
Dr. Seuss three eggs and ham: Jamón?

Actually, so busy attempting to be 800TH post, not certain what I meant.

Seriously!

Ps. Don't most pilgrims eat equal of small piglet SJPP-Santiago. Poor Piglet.

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
We have vegetarians here
Thank you both! Yeah, not me - I eat the combined output of maybe several pimentos de padron bushes and that's about it, and will stick up for those who have no voice until I have no more breath myself. Poor piglet indeed... (Well, yes. I know, I know. Piglets have rather big voices. But no-one takes them so seriously. And octopus have no voice that we can hear.)
Laugh much and often? Look more at others? Lean meat and offal?
red faced, she slinks off into the red corner....
But...please do not slink away! I like your versions so much better, especially the first one. It should be our motto. Laugh much and often!! Is it too late to change those badges??

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
:eek::oops:Nooooooooooooooooo. One of life's small expensive tragedies. I am sorry to hear that Sabine. These "Oh no" moments when we need a little lightness make the menagerie that much more important. May your elephants bring their friends and kids over to dance for you. That'll surely bring some cheer! View attachment 40128
Are these elephants truly dancing or just giving a good kick to show who is boss! ;)

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Are these elephants truly dancing or just giving a good kick to show who is boss! ;)
Or maybe they're begging for red socks?
I don't know for sure. But these guys are in Belgium, so @SabineP may have the inside story. Sabine? Any special orders?

Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
Or maybe they're begging for red socks?
I don't know for sure. But these guys are in Belgium, so @SabineP may have the inside story. Sabine? Any special orders?
Hola.No special orders yet.They just went into the village to the bakery.One elephant wanted a croissant and another one muesli with me.
So I let them talk it out between the two of them.
Both came to an agreement.
While I go out for a walk later they agreed to stay home and watch some television.

Camino(s) past & future

Are you sure to leave him at home Sabine .:eek:

On the contrary Peter, they behaved really well. In fact they asked me if they could move on now. I said of course. So now they are on their way to you. I drove them to the trainstation so tonight you should see them coming. They wanted to stay the night at yours and would like to continue end of the week to @kirkie .

Camino(s) past & future
On the contrary Peter, they behaved really well. In fact they asked me if they could move on now. I said of course. So now they are on their way to you. I drove them to the trainstation so tonight you should see them coming. They wanted to stay the night at yours and would like to continue end of the week to @kirkie .
thanks for advance notice. Ozymandias is going to have to get used to the idea of sharing his space...more anon, he is still slightly undone, but getting back to being centred...

stgcph

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
It should be our motto. Laugh much and often!! Is it too late to change those badges??

Not sure @Peter Fransiscus would like it – his production has already been running for a while on the present design.

As for me, I prefer the present motto because it is…. well… weirder (if that’s a word?) and very suitable for this menagerie (and it’s human companions) :p

Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Not sure @Peter Fransiscus would like it – his production has already been running for a while on the present design.

As for me, I prefer the present motto because it is…. well… weirder (if that’s a word?) and very suitable for this menagerie (and it’s human companions) :p
I'am for the present motto aswell. Already made an other 24 badges.
I'am not change the motto , sorry . 20180315_162840.jpg

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
BTW, everyone....thank you.
Seriously.
It's gotten to the point that I come here first, because it's inoculates me for the day with a bit of humor.
Everything else that's happening in the world around us at the moment is a bit intense - so I was forgetting to laugh.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I lost my sense of humor a couple of decades ago.
:D
With all due respect, sir . . . maybe not.
It couldn't be completely lost, or you wouldn't be here with the rest of us lunatics. Maybe it's just hibernating. In that cherry tree in Leon with the fugitive elephants.

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Seriously.
It's gotten to the point that I come here first, because it's inoculates me for the day with a bit of humor.
Everything else that's happening in the world around us at the moment is a bit intense - so I was forgetting to laugh.
You expressed my thoughts exactly.

In the States when life is dealing one blow after another we say: "My plate is full". This thread helps me digest.

My red wall clock says 9:40pm; must go into living room and put the alabaster-like elephant to bed. No wonder I need a new couch.

Camino(s) past & future
So Peter, did the elephants behave? Not too tired after climbing those 11 floors? Are could they stay at the carpark?
Now they are in for an adventure : three ferries to be taken and then to Kirkie.
Ah, Sabine, you gave me a laugh! I nod my head when reading the innocent and heart-y nonsense we find inside us. Sailor, come on, lost your sense of humor? Try finding a sense of humour, it might be interesting!!! I was sent a joke, maybe I can post it, ithere is a GRIZZLY bear in it... maybe it should be a pm because I do not want to offend anyone’s sense of what is appropriate on the forum. So, if you want, you can ask and I will copy and paste, or you can just google an atheist in the woods. The one I was sent has photos at strategic moments.

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
It's hard to picture you terrifying anyone.
Hee hee heeeeee: ..... BOO!!
I can't even be sure I'm not one :eek:
Claiming to be Danish, @stgcph (hardly a place famous for octopi)...and the forum name that's hard for a mere human to remember...the freaky creativity? It does not look good. If you say you like pulpo, well, that'd be the clincher (they are cannibals, after all).
Not to worry, though - octopeople are not unknown. I Googled it. The reassuring thing is there is no mention of red socks. So even if the all the stuff above is true but you have a 'thing' about red socks, likely you're safe.

(Change subject...@kirkie, when do your guests arrive, do you know? And is Ozymandias together enough for them?)

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
Thank you for the photo of the puppy with my "Bosox" (Boston Red Sox) cap!
I can't say I'm a FAN of any sports teams but since it keeps everyone else happy around me the winning team should always be a Boston one.

Peg is a native of New York State and her mother's father had been a professional baseball player for a New York Yankees farm team. So Peg's father bought up his kids to be fans ... of the Boston Red Sox. It was one way he could poke his father-in-law in the ribs.

Camino(s) past & future
Hee hee heeeeee: ..... BOO!!

Claiming to be Danish, @stgcph (hardly a place famous for octopi)...and the forum name that's hard for a mere human to remember...the freaky creativity? It does not look good. If you say you like pulpo, well, that'd be the clincher (they are cannibals, after all).
Not to worry, though - octopeople are not unknown. I Googled it. The reassuring thing is there is no mention of red socks. So even if the all the stuff above is true but you have a 'thing' about red socks, likely you're safe.

(Change subject...@kirkie, when do your guests arrive, do you know? And is Ozymandias together enough for them?)
well, not too sure about arrival times. Ferries could be delayed, St Patrick's weekend and all that... Ozy is doing fine. He knows it takes time to get tusks shined up. I will pass on your message, he will be delighted to know you care.
paddy2b.png

Camino(s) past & future
CF(x3), VdlP, Jerusalem, VF, Walsingham.
2018? CF, again :-)
Seriously.
Same here :) But I'm now laughing so much I'm skipping stitches in my knitting :D Perfect for the tentacles to slip through :D:D:D

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Good story, I used to live in the Lower East Side of Manhattan (about five decades ago), we liked the Mets but we hated the Yankees! And now we return to normal programming with Not a serious thread. Ultreya, la luz de Dios alumbra su camino!
It’s good you returned from that very serious talk about.......,can’t write it down because it’s to serious.:eek:

Camino(s) past & future
Good story, I used to live in the Lower East Side of Manhattan (about five decades ago), we liked the Mets but we hated the Yankees! And now we return to normal programming with Not a serious thread. Ultreya, la luz de Dios alumbra su camino!
I've lived in all five boroughs: hated Mets loved Yankees!

Never did like the Red Soxs. This thread is making me rethink that position.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino(s) past & future
And am now going to bed....
Pondering....
Red scarves (should be socks? Do we need more socks? Panic!), elephants in small cars, in cherry trees... Giraffes... Will they all get on with the octopus?????
.I won't go through it all, you were there, you know the story :cool:
Where does this leave us?
This 'stoopid' thread I started one day (!) made me meet you all, just like on a Camino... Big grin.
I am not sure what it achieved but...I'm grinning as I type. Hilariously funny. Thank you all wonderful people :D
Now back to the important stuff!...
Which was? Remind me.... ;):D

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Now back to the important stuff!...
Which was? Remind me.... ;):D
It's this! --->
this 'stoopid' thread I started one day (!) made me meet you all, just like on a Camino... Big grin. . .I'm grinning as I type. Hilariously funny. Thank you all wonderful people :D
Me too! The only alarming thing is that in other threads here I have to be careful not to say something goofy in response to someone's VERY serious post. Well...maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing, come to think about it.
Well, TRY to get a good night's sleep anyway.
Yeah, well, I went to bed chuckling. That was a seriously funny post last night.
And fortunately no-one visited me last night.
(Ka mate, ka mate! ka ora! ka ora! The All Blacks are scary enough doing this. But a team of octopi?!)
Eeeeeeeeeeeee!:eek::eek::eek::eek:)

Camino(s) past & future
well, not too sure about arrival times. Ferries could be delayed, St Patrick's weekend and all that... Ozy is doing fine. He knows it takes time to get tusks shined up. I will pass on your message, he will be delighted to know you care.
View attachment 40232
The elephant will happily put you on his back for a parade. I knitted him a green scarf for the occasion!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
I knitted him a green scarf for the occasion!
Awwwww. So thoughtful, Sabine!:)
it is you that started this thread and took us on this merry elephantine rollercoaster with lots of arms
Well...sort of. @domigee may have started this but we (all of us!) have to own up to gleefully taking it sideways.

And: Hey! Happy St Patrick's Day, everyone. The snakes are the only ones giving the party a miss.

Camino(s) past & future
Well, not counting the flat ones. :oops:
(Did you draw that, @kirkie? Very nice! Even the flattened viper is nice, though I do prefer them in 3D and wandering around...)
I did not draw it. I have kept it though, for around 35 years, and hunt for it every year to send to a select few!

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Just had a minor fall in village
Take care, Sabine! Wrists are important for not just for knitting, but also for using hiking poles!:oops:
Good night and may you have a happy Sunday, everyone. I'm planning a quiet day, and will try not to come here at all. We'll see if there's enough willpower for that........;)
(14 more posts to 900 - and I am sure I will miss it!)

Camino(s) past & future
Take care, Sabine! Wrists are important for not just for knitting, but also for using hiking poles!:oops:
Good night and may you have a happy Sunday, everyone. I'm planning a quiet day, and will try not to come here at all. We'll see if there's enough willpower for that........;)
(14 more posts to 900 - and I am sure I will miss it!)
Who is counting he?
We go for quality here not quantity...:)
And quaint and quirky.....Just showing off my knowledge of English vocabulary...:cool:
Tomorrow words that start with a " P "....

Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
St Olav/Francés ('16)
Baztanés/Francés ('17)
Ingles ('18)
You see Miss VN? You take a break and the captain of the ship orders "full engines stop" and because you are back we can now resume course and speed.
Really, there's no need to be so modest Sailor! You saved the day by diverting the mad elephant. I hope he's learning better manners from the rest of the crowd.

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 100 15.6%
  • May

Votes: 163 25.5%