• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not everyone survives the Camino

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
That looks like a disgusting Cane Toad - like the ones introduced into Australia in the 1930s to eat cane beetles, however the toads found lots of more interesting morsels and are now in pest numbers and are spreading across our land at an alarming rate - poisoning local wildlife in their wake. They have no natural enemies (so disgusting, nothing would eat them anyway and they have poisonous glands on their backs). You have to be careful, even running over them with a car, their backbones can puncture your tyres. The only good one is a dead one.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
@Echidnatow It might look like one but we don't have Cane Toads in Europe, so it is highly unlikely that it is one. Buen Camino, SY

I agree it's not a cane toad (called a crapaud in Trinidad and Tobago); besides, it's not fat enough around the middle! And I don't see any warts! Below is a picture of a crapaud, still a baby. They're generally not considered pests in their natural habitat, although it's not much fun to encounter one unexpectedly, particularly a really big one, such as might have buried itself among one's plants, when one is weeding the garden, but that is more from the sudden shock and surprise rather than any harm it will do to a person. Here's an article on the crapaud and frogs in general if anyone is interested.
http://www.newsday.co.tt/features/0,202248.html
IMG_2343.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It looks like a mole to me (the OP's picture, not the poor soul who keeps going back:D)
ScalopusAquaticus.jpg

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I opened the topic alarmed, thinking of some pilgrim's death and what do I find instead? A picture of a flattened animal's carcass (yuck!) and a discussion worth of CSI Miami series, hahaha! :D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This guy didn't survive either.
He once went out of curiosity, went insane with happiness and just keeps going back.
Poor soul is going back for the fifth time this year.

Buen Camino
I'm wondering about the "going back"....was it awesome each time?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back