• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not March But Maybe October 2021

turkeyneck

As with all things nowadays, I will postpone my walk until October 2021. It is my sincere hope that all of us begin to recover and soon be together.
I will keep training and working to ensure that I can complete a route before my multiple sclerosis renders me immobile. As with most people with my condition and the march of time, I will now have to walk with some type of brace on both legs.
Nothing is written in stone, yet what binds us drives us onward.
Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
From what I can tell TN a vaccine is not far off. It sounds to me like we may be lucky enough to see something approved in the next couple of months. That's the message we're getting here in Australia anyway.. that being the case, and issues of production, distribution and access to the vaccine aside, God willing we might have something soon, in which case a Camino in March, April, May, i.e. the first part of 2021 may still be a possibility, you never know.

Keeping fit and strong in the meantime is the best that any of us can do, especially important in your case, as you say. I wish you well in that regard, and strength towards your goal.
It's good to have a goal and I can't think of a better one than the Camino.

Last edited:
Hello.....I would encourage you to listen to ‘My Camino - The Podcast’ (produced by Dan Mullins from OZ) episode released August 20th 2019 featuring Dr Nichole Taylor from the US......I think you’ll find it informative, interesting and inspiring ! Buen Camino !!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
As with all things nowadays, I will postpone my walk until October 2021. It is my sincere hope that all of us begin to recover and soon be together.
I will keep training and working to ensure that I can complete a route before my multiple sclerosis renders me immobile. As with most people with my condition and the march of time, I will now have to walk with some type of brace on both legs.
Buen Camino!
I encourage you on your endeavor . we need goals, what we don't need is stress. You have our support, there is no failure. Ultreya !

Buen Camino!
I too, am in the process of planning for Oct 2021. Ive started this week doing short 5k walks where i live, and will continue to extend this, with hills etc. Im fortunate that i live in an area with a diverse landscape (southern Spain). Good luck yo you.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Here in the US they say that these Pfizer results are preliminary. Will require a second dose, some weeks later. Still sifting through the data. No idea what long term effects will be. Not sure if older age group has the protection younger folks have. No idea how long protection will last. Etc, etc. Something will come along next year. Big Pharma working hard to find a vaccine. Larger countries buying up mass quantities of doses--US right now has purchased doses 4 times the number of citizens.

@Mycroft i’m a little confused by your post, particularly in relation to the original post in this thread. You’re re-stating well known facts in relation to the Pfizer press release and adding a bit of speculation. The OP was just expressing hope that they may still yet walk Camino despite some personal physical challenges. There are endless opportunities to debate Covid-19 across the internet- this forum is dedicated to pilgrims and the pilgrimage to Santiago

From what I can tell TN a vaccine is not far off. It sounds to me like we may be lucky enough to see something approved in the next couple of months. That's the message we're getting here in Australia anyway.. that being the case, and issues of production, distribution and access to the vaccine aside, God willing we might have something soon, in which case a Camino in March, April, May, i.e. the first part of 2021 may still be a possibility, you never know.

Keeping fit and strong in the meantime is the best that any of us can do, especially important in your case, as you say. I wish you well in that regard, and strength towards your goal.
It's good to have a goal and I can't think of a better one than the Camino.
I am also in Australia and yet again have had to delay the Camino, I am hoping for October 2021, but many in our country seem convinced there will not be any travel to Europe until 2022. We do continue to get better news as the days progress, fingers crossed you will make it for the first part of next year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Turkeyneck, I once met a woman with MS who walked all the way from her home in Germany to SDC, over three years. I met her on the last few days into SDC. I saw her again in SDC since we both happened to stay in San Martin Pinario. She is a very lovely person. We became dinner companions for several days while there and did some sightseeing together. We had great conversations. She told me that with MS it was painful to start the day, but as as she walked on it was less painful. She said it was a fairly lonely experience for her because everybody else walked at a faster pace so she never formed any pilgrim family or steady pilgrim friendship. If that should happen when you walk, please do not let it discourage you. Meeting different people everyday along the way without a pilgrim family is a good experience too. I hope you will meet many with open hearts, and help them to understand what it is like to live with MS. I know I needed and still need to learn so much about MS and many other things. Take care.

Well, I recently had arm surgery and hopeful that my right hand works well after physical therapy. My new ankle-foot orthotic has arrived. The fitting is next week. Even with my recent setback, I remain positive for October 2021. Thank you for all of your support! Buen Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
My plans to walk the Camino in June 2020 with my grandson were derailed by "The Bug." If there is even the remotest possibility of hitting the trail in June 2021 we'll be there hitting the trail.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Received my right foot AFO today. Training will now get serious. I no longer have to worry about tripping and falling. However, I now have them on both legs. I may have to scale back my daily goal of 15 km/day. We'll see. See you on the trail. Buen Camino!

IMG_1051.jpgIMG_1052.jpg

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I will not lie. It has been difficult these past few months. However, I managed to walk a good distance for me today. Considering my condition (MS), I am not sore, winded, or fatigued. The sun is out and my spirits remain steady. Additionally, I am fully vaccinated. October looks good - if travel permits.
Buen Camino!
You really are so inspiring. At 62 years rheumatoid arthritis is starting to have a bigger impact on my body despite years of treatment. My hands, wrists and fingers hurt, my toes on my left foot, but when I read about your amazing journey and determination, I feel humbled and at the same time more positive about getting to Portugal hopefully in 2022. And slow walking is a good thing, it is a personal journey in my opinion. Please let us know when you get out there.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.