• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not-so-able pilgrims - last 100km

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
THIS IS NOT A COMMERCIAL ADVERT

A friend and I have organised a 'Slow Camino' on the last 100km of the Camino Frances for people who are not able to walk 20km - 30km a day but would love to walk the Camino and earn a Compostela.

The three helpers - two of us are forum members and the third is my hospitalera companion who lives in Spain - are all paying their own way.

We had 9 people sign up for the walk. One couple from the US cancelled after their beach house was destroyed in the recent east-coast storm. They need all their funds to repair their house.
Another couple had to cancel last month when the wife was told she needed to have a spinal fusion.

This morning a lady cancelled for personal reasons and we now have 5 place available in the group.

We will meet in Sarria on 13th May, get a taxi to Barbadelo and walk from there, covering a maximum 8km per day. We will stay in private albergues and pensiones and will be transported from and to the trail every day. Everyone pays their own way.

If you know of anyone who has always dreamed of walking the Camino but couldn't manage it without help, please forward my amaWalkers Camino website link to them.

http://www.amawalkerscamino.com/slow-ca ... -2013.html

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I do not usualy enjoy the defacement that graffiti causes in so many places especially not the usual scribble found on Camino milestones however, in the woods just beyond the Santa Irene hostal some 20 kilometers from Santiago someone had taken the words of the American President Barack Obama from his first election campaign and wrote them on the milestone there namely - "Yes We Can". So very true.

The Camino Caracoles will be walking into Melide tomorrow. So far we have done 7 days of between 5.5km and 8km in cold winds, rain, mud and even hail one day. The strongest member of the 'caracoles' is soon to be 89 year-old Bob who has made us walk a little further each day so that we stop where there is a cafe-bar so that he can have a beer! We will now have a free day in Melide on Wednesday and try to catch up with the washing of clothes and other chores. Ann (our lady with the Veloped walker) started off stongly doing 6 km the fist two days but she developed a chest infection thatneeded a visit to a hospital and was told to restfor three days. Just as well because the daily temperatures were about 9oC and 2oC. She is feeling better today but we knew that the trail from Palas de Rei to Leboreiro wasvery challenging (rocky, muddy, stone hopping alongside a river and scambling up a shale bank) so she will walk again tomorrow where it is flatter and dryer. Isa left us today to start the Camino Ingles but Adrian and I are managing fine with the group who are great fun and great sports. We still have 10 days to go and will walk into Santiago on Wednesday 29th May.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Bravo, sillydoll, to you and your compadres!

I've become a Camino Forum addict over the past few months knowing I'd never likely be able to walk the "Frances " because of health issues. You've given me encouragement to look at other options so that at least I'll be able to visit and see some of the sites along the way that I've read so much about.

Receiving a Compostela is not important to me and short days, like your group is doing, together with the odd taxi/bus trip should make it work. Thanks for posting.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Great work, Sil and the caracoles! I'm thinking of your brave group of walkers every day. :) Hope the weather becomes kinder to you over the coming days.

Sillydoll, what a terrific example of generosity and love.
The Camino continues to provide inspiration, hope, and great stories.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back