• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Not Yet There!

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Trying to get in shape for another ascent to SdC but for the time being I am motivated by my old photo albums (yes, such things still exist) and this sight on Google Arts and Culture. Worth a few minutes.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Trying to get in shape for another ascent to SdC but for the time being I am motivated by my old photo albums (yes, such things still exist) and this sight on Google Arts and Culture. Worth a few minutes.
How are you ‘shaping up’ @scruffy1 ??
That sight (sdc) has a strong pull on us. What is your latest plan for your next ascent ?
I’m still trying to come to terms with knowing that for me - it will still be a wait. 😟😟

buen camino
Annie

With apologies to A. Guthrie, between this Corona business, my cataracts, and a family emergency abroad I've been having a 'tough time here, and they was inspecting, injecting every single part of me, and they was leaving no part untouched'. Looking at next Spring now, after another round of vaccinations, boosters, and nose swabs probably from Porto - the inland route - can't imagine not seeing São Pedro de Rates, a detour Barcelos->Braga to Bom Jesús do Monte, Pontevedra, and Padrón again.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
So sorry to hear things have been tough lately for you @scruffy1 … that all turned around so quickly for you in under 10 days.
gosh - your description of every part of you I’m hoping doesn’t fully relate to you ! Doesn’t conjure up a pleasant image at all.
I’m hoping you stay strong to surmount the barriers that are presenting themselves and can get back in training. The cataracts can be dealt with - will you have that done?
the CP sounds great. From Porto in spring was also my first camino (2012) & I don’t remember step by step - certain images, places and quite a few people are quite clear still.
Next spring will be lovely - You’ll get there !

buen camino
Annie

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back