A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Notes for the start of your Norte fron Irun

Iriebabel

Iriebabel & the cyborg turtle
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte 26 March 2019
Found out some info thought you guys might want . Moderators feel free to move this thread if needed.
Below is the note posted at the church located next to the train station on where to get your credential or first stamp (sello) hours listed 2nd picture the hours of the tourist office located in the center of town . 3rd picture albergue list from the tourist office 4th picture Location of the church and train station to the left of the church and 5th picture location of camino arrow just up from the church located on the sidewalk video also attached showing same intersection . Bear in mind the arrows are few so keep your eyes peeled and use your wise pilgrim or other offline map make sure you download the map before you go. The video also shows the way to the tourist office across the little city bridge following the main road to the center of town. The Hendaye bridge is located down the main road then you will turn left at some point follow the signs for hotel alcazar or for the stadium this will lead you directly to the bridge if you wish to start in Hendaye . It’s about an15 minute walk. Hope this helps !
View attachment E45CABED-80BA-4C0F-9BDB-C2C4512E45CC.MOV

Last edited:

Walli Walker

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances '2009', Camino Portuguese from Porto '2015', Camino Ingles from Ferrol '2015', Finisterre and Muxia '2015'. Tentatively planning Camino from Granada '2017'.
Thanks so much. Very helpful. I’m looking forward to your posts. Buen Camino.

Iriebabel

Iriebabel & the cyborg turtle
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte 26 March 2019
Thanks so much! I'm 2 weeks behind you. It's nice to have a peek at Irun before April 11th!
Buen Camino.
Check out my blog for more info omoperc.com and I will post more tips here under live from the camino

OLDER threads on this topic

Book your lodging here

Booking.com

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 12 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 41 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 142 14.9%
  • May

Votes: 236 24.8%