Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Nov. 2 (2021) start from Malaga?

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
Looking at gronze.com it looks like there are long gaps in accommodation at the moment. I don't mind a 30-35km walk but doing a marathon each day might be a little much. Has anyone done this route recently and can confirm the state and distance between accommodations and places to eat along this way? Thanks.

John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

klimmo

Past OR future Camino
Mozarabe: nov 2019
Português: oct-nov 2021
hi. I did the Granada-Cordoba part in november of 2019 and it was a very solitary affair, which was not a bad thing perse but I had hoped to meet some fellow travellers. I was happy I had booked ahead as most opened just for me. Prepare for cold rooms, bare bones breakfast and limited options for lunch on the way. I managed to find restaurants for the evening easily enough though. I would bring my puffer and a sleeping bag were I to do it again this late in the year. It was cold and rainy and without heating at night it became a bit miserable.

Enjoy, it's beautiful out there!

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
hi. I did the Granada-Cordoba part in november of 2019 and it was a very solitary affair, which was not a bad thing perse but I had hoped to meet some fellow travellers. I was happy I had booked ahead as most opened just for me. Prepare for cold rooms, bare bones breakfast and limited options for lunch on the way. I managed to find restaurants for the evening easily enough though. I would bring my puffer and a sleeping bag were I to do it again this late in the year. It was cold and rainy and without heating at night it became a bit miserable.

Enjoy, it's beautiful out there!
Sounds like a challenge but maybe a good first leg for my month on the Camino. How did you get to Granada? I can get to Malaga from London for $18... How many days/stages did you do?

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
I c
Sounds like a challenge but maybe a good first leg for my month on the Camino. How did you get to Granada? I can get to Malaga from London for $18... How many days/stages did you do?
I can’t help you with the route; but I’m in Malaga same time as you; brushing up my Spanish on a week’s immersion course at the instituto Picasso.

I recommend the Antigua Casa de Guarda for drinks and Bodega Pimpi (go inside it’s very traditional) for more drinks and real Andalusian food.

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
I c

I can’t help you with the route; but I’m in Malaga same time as you; brushing up my Spanish on a week’s immersion course at the instituto Picasso.

I recommend the Antigua Casa de Guarda for drinks and Bodega Pimpi (go inside it’s very traditional) for more drinks and real Andalusian food.
Thanks for the recommendations. I could spend a few days there exploring before heading out to another Camino if this one doesn't work out. Can you recommend a hostel or a decent place to stay? Is there a bus or shuttle from the airport to downtown Malaga? I have research fatigue trying to figure out which camino to do.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Past OR future Camino
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
That’s a great site. Thanks. I’ll stop asking how to get somewhere.

Past OR future Camino
“It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you.” Rumi
I'm doing the walk Malaga to Cordoba in October, I'll let you know, what to expect when it comes to lodging. Last year KayVee did the walk, have a look at her blog! It is very useful!
I'm doing the walk by myself, I expect it to be lonely, I expect the Spanish to smile at my Duolingo-Spanish, I expect it to be wonderful (and difficult at times) and I know from past experiences, when I go home, I want to do it all over.

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
I'm doing the walk Malaga to Cordoba in October, I'll let you know, what to expect when it comes to lodging. Last year KayVee did the walk, have a look at her blog! It is very useful!
I'm doing the walk by myself, I expect it to be lonely, I expect the Spanish to smile at my Duolingo-Spanish, I expect it to be wonderful (and difficult at times) and I know from past experiences, when I go home, I want to do it all over.
Thanks! That would be great. I'll check out KayVee's blog.

henrythedog

Loved and fed by David
Past OR future Camino
Frances 2017, 2018, 2019, Ingles 2018, (Madrid 2019 partial - retired hurt!) (more planned)
From the air
Thanks for the recommendations. I could spend a few days there exploring before heading out to another Camino if this one doesn't work out. Can you recommend a hostel or a decent place to stay? Is there a bus or shuttle from the airport to downtown Malaga? I have research fatigue trying to figure out which camino to do.
From the airport there is a direct underground train line which gets you into the centre of town very quickly. It runs every 10-15 minutes and costs about €5. It’s excellent. It stops at the main train station (Maria Zambrana?) then continues to the centre.

I can’t really help with accommodation - I’m staying in the Alcazaba; but that’s about £60/night.

If you’ve time a walk east along the seafront for a couple of KM gets you to some very good, local and inexpensive cafes and restaurants in Pedregalejo. (Spelling?). El Zagal is a favourite.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

klimmo

Past OR future Camino
Mozarabe: nov 2019
Português: oct-nov 2021
Hi, I took the high speed train for the long distances in Spain (Barcelona-Granada, Cordoba-Malaga and Malaga-Barcelona). Very efficient. For the rest I took the bus, there's long distance buses that are great.

My stages were:
2 days in Granada
Granada - Pinos Puente - Moclin - Alcala la Real - Alcaudate - Baena - Castro del Rio - Cordoba
1 day in Cordoba
(and after a few day at a beach near malaga)

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
Hi, I took the high speed train for the long distances in Spain (Barcelona-Granada, Cordoba-Malaga and Malaga-Barcelona). Very efficient. For the rest I took the bus, there's long distance buses that are great.

My stages were:
2 days in Granada
Granada - Pinos Puente - Moclin - Alcala la Real - Alcaudate - Baena - Castro del Rio - Cordoba
1 day in Cordoba
(and after a few day at a beach near malaga)
Thanks!

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
From the air

From the airport there is a direct underground train line which gets you into the centre of town very quickly. It runs every 10-15 minutes and costs about €5. It’s excellent. It stops at the main train station (Maria Zambrana?) then continues to the centre.

I can’t really help with accommodation - I’m staying in the Alcazaba; but that’s about £60/night.

If you’ve time a walk east along the seafront for a couple of KM gets you to some very good, local and inexpensive cafes and restaurants in Pedregalejo. (Spelling?). El Zagal is a favourite.
Thanks! I don't mind a good walk.:)

Past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
I walked a very few stages of it a couple of years ago.
It was pretty rainy so I jumped up onto the Madrid route.
It's one of those I plan on going back and finishing someday in better weather and when I don't have a group waiting. Honestly, I got a bit bored with the scenery - more olive trees than I've seen in my life -

Here is a link to my blog if it helps:

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
I walked a very few stages of it a couple of years ago.
It was pretty rainy so I jumped up onto the Madrid route.
It's one of those I plan on going back and finishing someday in better weather and when I don't have a group waiting. Honestly, I got a bit bored with the scenery - more olive trees than I've seen in my life -

Here is a link to my blog if it helps:
Thanks for the link to your blog. Lots of good reading there.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

mattck

Past OR future Camino
Future Via De La Plata
Looking at gronze.com it looks like there are long gaps in accommodation at the moment. I don't mind a 30-35km walk but doing a marathon each day might be a little much. Has anyone done this route recently and can confirm the state and distance between accommodations and places to eat along this way? Thanks.

Did you decide you'll give this route a go in the end? I'm also considering this at the start of November, wondered where your research led you, if anywhere?

mountaingoat79

Past OR future Camino
Did you decide you'll give this route a go in the end? I'm also considering this at the start of November, wondered where your research led you, if anywhere?
I have 30 days and I’ve decided that doing one continuous walk to Santiago interests me more at the moment. I arrive in Madrid on November 2nd and will either do the Madrid route or bus to Pamplona and do the French route. Interested in the Madrid at all? I arrive at 1:15pm and will likely start walking that day if I choose Madrid.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads