• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Nov. 2 (2021) start from Malaga?

mountaingoat79

Time of past OR future Camino
Looking at gronze.com it looks like there are long gaps in accommodation at the moment. I don't mind a 30-35km walk but doing a marathon each day might be a little much. Has anyone done this route recently and can confirm the state and distance between accommodations and places to eat along this way? Thanks.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
hi. I did the Granada-Cordoba part in november of 2019 and it was a very solitary affair, which was not a bad thing perse but I had hoped to meet some fellow travellers. I was happy I had booked ahead as most opened just for me. Prepare for cold rooms, bare bones breakfast and limited options for lunch on the way. I managed to find restaurants for the evening easily enough though. I would bring my puffer and a sleeping bag were I to do it again this late in the year. It was cold and rainy and without heating at night it became a bit miserable.

Enjoy, it's beautiful out there!

hi. I did the Granada-Cordoba part in november of 2019 and it was a very solitary affair, which was not a bad thing perse but I had hoped to meet some fellow travellers. I was happy I had booked ahead as most opened just for me. Prepare for cold rooms, bare bones breakfast and limited options for lunch on the way. I managed to find restaurants for the evening easily enough though. I would bring my puffer and a sleeping bag were I to do it again this late in the year. It was cold and rainy and without heating at night it became a bit miserable.

Enjoy, it's beautiful out there!
Sounds like a challenge but maybe a good first leg for my month on the Camino. How did you get to Granada? I can get to Malaga from London for $18... How many days/stages did you do?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I c
Sounds like a challenge but maybe a good first leg for my month on the Camino. How did you get to Granada? I can get to Malaga from London for $18... How many days/stages did you do?
I can’t help you with the route; but I’m in Malaga same time as you; brushing up my Spanish on a week’s immersion course at the instituto Picasso.

I recommend the Antigua Casa de Guarda for drinks and Bodega Pimpi (go inside it’s very traditional) for more drinks and real Andalusian food.

I c

I can’t help you with the route; but I’m in Malaga same time as you; brushing up my Spanish on a week’s immersion course at the instituto Picasso.

I recommend the Antigua Casa de Guarda for drinks and Bodega Pimpi (go inside it’s very traditional) for more drinks and real Andalusian food.
Thanks for the recommendations. I could spend a few days there exploring before heading out to another Camino if this one doesn't work out. Can you recommend a hostel or a decent place to stay? Is there a bus or shuttle from the airport to downtown Malaga? I have research fatigue trying to figure out which camino to do.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That’s a great site. Thanks. I’ll stop asking how to get somewhere.

I'm doing the walk Malaga to Cordoba in October, I'll let you know, what to expect when it comes to lodging. Last year KayVee did the walk, have a look at her blog! It is very useful!
I'm doing the walk by myself, I expect it to be lonely, I expect the Spanish to smile at my Duolingo-Spanish, I expect it to be wonderful (and difficult at times) and I know from past experiences, when I go home, I want to do it all over.

I'm doing the walk Malaga to Cordoba in October, I'll let you know, what to expect when it comes to lodging. Last year KayVee did the walk, have a look at her blog! It is very useful!
I'm doing the walk by myself, I expect it to be lonely, I expect the Spanish to smile at my Duolingo-Spanish, I expect it to be wonderful (and difficult at times) and I know from past experiences, when I go home, I want to do it all over.
Thanks! That would be great. I'll check out KayVee's blog.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
From the air
Thanks for the recommendations. I could spend a few days there exploring before heading out to another Camino if this one doesn't work out. Can you recommend a hostel or a decent place to stay? Is there a bus or shuttle from the airport to downtown Malaga? I have research fatigue trying to figure out which camino to do.
From the airport there is a direct underground train line which gets you into the centre of town very quickly. It runs every 10-15 minutes and costs about €5. It’s excellent. It stops at the main train station (Maria Zambrana?) then continues to the centre.

I can’t really help with accommodation - I’m staying in the Alcazaba; but that’s about £60/night.

If you’ve time a walk east along the seafront for a couple of KM gets you to some very good, local and inexpensive cafes and restaurants in Pedregalejo. (Spelling?). El Zagal is a favourite.

Hi, I took the high speed train for the long distances in Spain (Barcelona-Granada, Cordoba-Malaga and Malaga-Barcelona). Very efficient. For the rest I took the bus, there's long distance buses that are great.

My stages were:
2 days in Granada
Granada - Pinos Puente - Moclin - Alcala la Real - Alcaudate - Baena - Castro del Rio - Cordoba
1 day in Cordoba
(and after a few day at a beach near malaga)

Hi, I took the high speed train for the long distances in Spain (Barcelona-Granada, Cordoba-Malaga and Malaga-Barcelona). Very efficient. For the rest I took the bus, there's long distance buses that are great.

My stages were:
2 days in Granada
Granada - Pinos Puente - Moclin - Alcala la Real - Alcaudate - Baena - Castro del Rio - Cordoba
1 day in Cordoba
(and after a few day at a beach near malaga)
Thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
From the air

From the airport there is a direct underground train line which gets you into the centre of town very quickly. It runs every 10-15 minutes and costs about €5. It’s excellent. It stops at the main train station (Maria Zambrana?) then continues to the centre.

I can’t really help with accommodation - I’m staying in the Alcazaba; but that’s about £60/night.

If you’ve time a walk east along the seafront for a couple of KM gets you to some very good, local and inexpensive cafes and restaurants in Pedregalejo. (Spelling?). El Zagal is a favourite.
Thanks! I don't mind a good walk.:)

I walked a very few stages of it a couple of years ago.
It was pretty rainy so I jumped up onto the Madrid route.
It's one of those I plan on going back and finishing someday in better weather and when I don't have a group waiting. Honestly, I got a bit bored with the scenery - more olive trees than I've seen in my life -

Here is a link to my blog if it helps:

I walked a very few stages of it a couple of years ago.
It was pretty rainy so I jumped up onto the Madrid route.
It's one of those I plan on going back and finishing someday in better weather and when I don't have a group waiting. Honestly, I got a bit bored with the scenery - more olive trees than I've seen in my life -

Here is a link to my blog if it helps:
Thanks for the link to your blog. Lots of good reading there.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Looking at gronze.com it looks like there are long gaps in accommodation at the moment. I don't mind a 30-35km walk but doing a marathon each day might be a little much. Has anyone done this route recently and can confirm the state and distance between accommodations and places to eat along this way? Thanks.

Did you decide you'll give this route a go in the end? I'm also considering this at the start of November, wondered where your research led you, if anywhere?

Did you decide you'll give this route a go in the end? I'm also considering this at the start of November, wondered where your research led you, if anywhere?
I have 30 days and I’ve decided that doing one continuous walk to Santiago interests me more at the moment. I arrive in Madrid on November 2nd and will either do the Madrid route or bus to Pamplona and do the French route. Interested in the Madrid at all? I arrive at 1:15pm and will likely start walking that day if I choose Madrid.

@Ekelund, How was your walk? I’m considering a similar route in December. (I’m new to the forum, so please lmk if I should be looking elsewhere for this information.) Thanks!

€60,-

My stages were:
2 days in Granada
1 day in Cordoba
(and after a few day at a beach near malaga
@klimmo How was your experience? Any special recommendations for this route? (If you’ve posted this information elsewhere, please lmk. I’m new to the forum and learning how to navigate it.) Thanks!

Any special recommendations for this route?... I’m new to the forum and learning how to navigate it.) Thanks!
You may already have found this, but a good place to start would be this thread that is pinned to the top of the Mozarabe forum.

Will this be your first Camino? Also, are you hoping to stay in albergues or in private accommodation? Those factors will influence any recommendations for this route.

You may already have found this, but a good place to start would be this thread that is pinned to the top of the Mozarabe forum.

Will this be your first Camino? Also, are you hoping to stay in albergues or in private accommodation? Those factors will influence any recommendations for this route.
Hello @C clearly. I’ve walked the Caminho PortuguĂȘs central with the Variante Espiritual, and I’m a hiker and backpacker in northern California. Walking solo is not an issue for me. I like to keep the cost of lodging down, but a mix of types is just fine. I’ll certainly look at the thread you mention, and I welcome any other suggestions!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Maybe too late to help but here is a list of accommodations from Malaga

No experience with any of them

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino MozĂĄrabe from AlmerĂ­a on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back