Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

November Pamplona to Burgos

ChrisT

Past OR future Camino
Last 100k of the French Way Nov 2017
Porto to Santiago Sept 2018
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of whether it will be difficult getting accommodation this year in November?

I’m starting from Pamplona on the 1st November walking to Burgos. I understand some places close in November in normal times but do you think more places will be closed this year?

Getting slightly concerned and wondering if it’s best booking ahead. I’m going to book in Pamplona and the 2nd night in any case.

Thanks, Chris.

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Past OR future Camino
Easy enough to check what albergues are open using Gronze/wise pilgrim/ninja, etc. Definitely look ahead, though, as the basque albergues are closed due to Covid, many of the parochials/monasteries for the same reason, and the seasonal places tend to close by Nov 1. In short, few people walking but fewer beds out there.

Make a list and check before heading out. If there is only one place in a location you plan to stop, prebook.

doc quixote

Past OR future Camino
June 2017 Ponferrada to Santiago, May 2018 Cebreiro to Santiago, July 2019 St Jean to Astorga
I just returned after Pamplona to Burgos. Places to stay were not a problem, but I'm sure during November some will close. Here were our stops: in Uterga Camino del Perdon, in Ciraquie Casa Maralotz (highly recommend) , in Villamayor Oasis Trails (will be closed) , in Viana Albugueria Andres Munoz (basic, but highly recommend) in Najera the Municipal Albergue (it will probably still be open) in Santo Domingo Casa del Santo (highly recommend) in Belorado Albergue Cuatro Cantones (highly recommend) in Burgos we took a two day rest and booked an Air BnB of which there are many great options.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

ChrisT

Past OR future Camino
I just returned after Pamplona to Burgos. Places to stay were not a problem, but I'm sure during November some will close. Here were our stops: in Uterga Camino del Perdon, in Ciraquie Casa Maralotz (highly recommend) , in Villamayor Oasis Trails (will be closed) , in Viana Albugueria Andres Munoz (basic, but highly recommend) in Najera the Municipal Albergue (it will probably still be open) in Santo Domingo Casa del Santo (highly recommend) in Belorado Albergue Cuatro Cantones (highly recommend) in Burgos we took a two day rest and booked an Air BnB of which there are many great options.
Thanks for taking the time to write this. Very helpful.

ChrisT

Past OR future Camino
Easy enough to check what albergues are open using Gronze/wise pilgrim/ninja, etc. Definitely look ahead, though, as the basque albergues are closed due to Covid, many of the parochials/monasteries for the same reason, and the seasonal places tend to close by Nov 1. In short, few people walking but fewer beds out there.

Make a list and check before heading out. If there is only one place in a location you plan to stop, prebook.
Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Peaceable Projects Inc.

camino.ninja

Past OR future Camino
Frances 5 6,16,17,18,19,20
Primiti+Salvador 19
Portug. 17,18,20
Catalan 17
Norte 17
Plata 18
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has an idea of whether it will be difficult getting accommodation this year in November?

I’m starting from Pamplona on the 1st November walking to Burgos. I understand some places close in November in normal times but do you think more places will be closed this year?

Getting slightly concerned and wondering if it’s best booking ahead. I’m going to book in Pamplona and the 2nd night in any case.

Thanks, Chris.

The Camino Ninja App will be updated for winter walking on Camino Francés and the Portuguese caminhos. The Aprinca list is also a go-to source for Camino Francés in winter.

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2012, 2015, Portugues 2013, 2019, 2020, Ingles 2014, Norte 2016/2017/2018, Primitivo 2020
Hi All,

Thanks, Chris.
I am doing Pamplona-Burgos starting 10.11; all accommodations booked

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances