• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino November walking

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
aliciag56,
Where are you walking today? Did you enjoy yesterday? A few more specific comments would give your readers further useful info.

Wherever you might be Buen camino!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
If by 6 days left you mean 6 days to Santiago, you can probably expect to start seeing more pilgrims very soon. You could also try reversing the advice that others follow when attempting to avoid fellow pilgrims. :) Meaning, try to stay overnight at the main stopover towns suggested by guidebooks. If you're slow, leave a bit early so people will pass you throughout the day, and if you're fast, leave a bit late so you will pass people throughout the day.

On the Camino now 6 days left. Very few pilgrims-good weather though. I'm a little anxious about sparseness. Thoughts? Or am I being too anxious?
Hi @aliciag56, I see from your earlier posts that you are on the Camino Francés. I guess you are now in the area of Triacastela if you have 6 days left? And it is the middle of November. And I guess you are worried about the sparseness of fellow pilgrims and not about the sparseness of open bars?

I walked from this area to Santiago and at this time of the year in 2019. There were indeed very few camino walkers to be seen all day long. Don't be anxious. I mean it. Enjoy the sunshine and the good weather - there could be so much cold rain and lower temperatures instead of it. Buen Camino! ☺️

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Glad to read that you now feel more assured.
Tomorrow after you leave Sarrios
down the hill from Ferreios and next to the church/cemetery O Mirallos was often a favorite stop of mine. They are open every day, serve breakfast from 07:00, and are very pilgrim friendly.

Carpe diem !

On the Camino now 6 days left. Very few pilgrims-good weather though. I'm a little anxious about sparseness. Thoughts? Or am I being too anxious?
Wow I left the Camino 2 weeks ago in Astorga as there were too many pilgrims and the Albergue there packed us in like sardines. Didn’t feel Covid safe so went to Portuguese and walked backwards much better

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks. Yes I just pulled into sarria. The pilgrim office guy said 20-30 pilgrims are walking each day so not 2 or 3 like I feared. If I'm out by 8 each morning I'll be well within the time the majority are leaving.
The people arriving into Santiago and getting Compostelas has been dropping for weeks but it's still around 200-300 every day during the week and higher at weekends., So that 20-30 is a either a underestimate or most people have swopped to other routes.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back