• Click to join the Casa Ivar mailing List
    (separate from the forum emails). This includes new videos created on YouTube and new prodcts on the Camino Forum Store. (Click the small "X" on the top right corner to remove this message)

Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

LIVE from the Camino November walking

how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
aliciag56,
Where are you walking today? Did you enjoy yesterday? A few more specific comments would give your readers further useful info.

Wherever you might be Buen camino!

Past OR future Camino
De VdBierzo (2004)
Planning Pamplona-Meseta (2021)
If by 6 days left you mean 6 days to Santiago, you can probably expect to start seeing more pilgrims very soon. You could also try reversing the advice that others follow when attempting to avoid fellow pilgrims. :) Meaning, try to stay overnight at the main stopover towns suggested by guidebooks. If you're slow, leave a bit early so people will pass you throughout the day, and if you're fast, leave a bit late so you will pass people throughout the day.

Past OR future Camino
To Santiago and back (roads & paths; Tours; Francés; sea; roads & paths)
On the Camino now 6 days left. Very few pilgrims-good weather though. I'm a little anxious about sparseness. Thoughts? Or am I being too anxious?
Hi @aliciag56, I see from your earlier posts that you are on the Camino Francés. I guess you are now in the area of Triacastela if you have 6 days left? And it is the middle of November. And I guess you are worried about the sparseness of fellow pilgrims and not about the sparseness of open bars?

I walked from this area to Santiago and at this time of the year in 2019. There were indeed very few camino walkers to be seen all day long. Don't be anxious. I mean it. Enjoy the sunshine and the good weather - there could be so much cold rain and lower temperatures instead of it. Buen Camino! ☺️

Last edited:
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Glad to read that you now feel more assured.
Tomorrow after you leave Sarrios
down the hill from Ferreios and next to the church/cemetery O Mirallos was often a favorite stop of mine. They are open every day, serve breakfast from 07:00, and are very pilgrim friendly.

Carpe diem !

Trude

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francais 2013 Finnestere, Muxia 2013, 2017
Norte 2014, Francais, 2015, 2016, VDLP 2017
On the Camino now 6 days left. Very few pilgrims-good weather though. I'm a little anxious about sparseness. Thoughts? Or am I being too anxious?
Wow I left the Camino 2 weeks ago in Astorga as there were too many pilgrims and the Albergue there packed us in like sardines. Didn’t feel Covid safe so went to Portuguese and walked backwards much better

Isca-camigo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Various ones.
Thanks. Yes I just pulled into sarria. The pilgrim office guy said 20-30 pilgrims are walking each day so not 2 or 3 like I feared. If I'm out by 8 each morning I'll be well within the time the majority are leaving.
The people arriving into Santiago and getting Compostelas has been dropping for weeks but it's still around 200-300 every day during the week and higher at weekends., So that 20-30 is a either a underestimate or most people have swopped to other routes.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads