• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Now we are 10 !!

mspath

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
In a few days this Forum will celebrate it's 10th anniversary !!

Since October 12, 2004, Ivar has developed and administrated the Forum for all to use.
How vast it has grown and what an extraordinary resource it has now become!!
Whether wondering as a novice or remembering as a veteran all users can share camino queries, worries, tips and advice via this encyclopedic digital meeting place. What a brew!

All of us wherever we might be at this most special time should pause, clap and cheer Ivar's deep dedication. I offer my sincerest thanks to him on this noteworthy anniversary.
Long may the Forum continue and in the truest sense Ultreia!

Margaret Meredith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Many thanks to you Margaret for drawing our attention to this Birthday! Ivar many thanks to you for giving us such a wonderful resource to continue our camino life before, during, and after our pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. You enable us all to share that camino spirit of love and friendship and such rich thoughts with each other, renewing them daily on the forum. For all this Ivar I want to say "thank you so much".:) (A donation Tia, what a good idea)

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
WOW - now I know why I love this forum. Margaret thanks for bringing this item to my (our) attention
Oct 12 is day of special significance for me (no not my birthday). So to Ivar and all who make this forum what it is - congratulations on the first decade. We should start planning a 20th birthday (now!)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you sooooo very much Ivar. This forum helped me with planning and now with remembering. Thank you for the wonderful service you have done for all pilgrims.

In a few days this Forum will celebrate it's 10th anniversary !!

Since October 12, 2004, Ivar has developed and administrated the Forum for all to use.
How vast it has grown and what an extraordinary resource it has now become!!
Whether wondering as a novice or remembering as a veteran all users can share camino queries, worries, tips and advice via this encyclopedic digital meeting place. What a brew!

All of us wherever we might be at this most special time should pause, clap and cheer Ivar's deep dedication. I offer my sincerest thanks to him on this noteworthy anniversary.
Long may the Forum continue and in the truest sense Ultreia!

Margaret Meredith

Margaret, won't this year be your tenth camino anniversary as well. Planning to walk again? If so, safe journey.

John

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks, Margaret, for bringing this special anniversary to our attention.
And thanks to you, Ivar, for your continued work and efforts to make the forum the amazing resource it is.
Like many of you, I look forward to reading updates and learning more, especially as I prepare for my 2nd
camino at the end of the month. The breadth, depth, and scope of the forum is a reminder of what
one person can do to create waves of knowledge, goodness, and caring. Thank you again, Ivar!
Ad multos annos!

Kathryn

Last edited:
Thanks for the reminder Margaret. And especial thanks to Ivar. Finding this Forum in 2011 was a moment of delight.

I agree Tincatinker. We didn't even find out about the Camino until 2012 and I feel like I read every post on here from then until we left for our Camino in 2013.

IVAR: Thank you so much for this wonderful pool of information. Also, a BIG thank you for your luggage service. If I remember correctly, you took that over from someone else. I remember the day we walked into Santiago. My wife wanted her "nice" clothing, so I dropped my pack, told her I would be right back, and literally RAN to Ivar's office because he was soon closing. I don't think I actually made it in time, but Ivar was still there and gave me my package. My wife and I were most grateful for that service (wouldn't want to have carried all that extra weight for 30+ days :) ). A little over a year later, and I still find myself on this forum almost every day, sometimes I don't even log in, just look to see what is new, or if I can answer someone's question. A kind of "pay it forward" experience, because I could never pay everyone back for all their AWESOME information they post here.

Thank you again, Ivar, and thank you to everyone for all the information that made our Camino so wonderful!!! Couple more years, and I will stop in to see you again, Ivar :D. Can't wait to go again!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've only known about this wonderful resource for two years and as you can see by my pic, I'm still learning how to use this site! In any event, this forum, and all the great info I was able to garner, enabled me to succ complete the Camino Frances last year from SJPP to Santiago as a solo walker. I would have never thought it possible! Somehow, by reading your comments, I gained courage through osmosis and dared to step completely out of my comfort zone. The whole experience was life changing and I hope to walk the Camino Portuguese in the Spring of 2015. I too check in daily to relive the Camino life and am so grateful for this site and its members! Happy anniversary, Ivar!!

Yes, October 12th 2004, I was the only member on this forum and I posted this:
https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/forum-introduction.12523/

Thank you all for 10 years! ...and for making this a good place to be!

Greetings from a rainy Santiago,
Ivar
Ivar. You do a great job !
There is no single day that I am not looking on this interesting and informative forum you started.
My wife and I learned a lot about the camino through this great resource and used the information on our two camino's and surely on our next in 2015.
Många takk før Dig and enjoy your 10 years jubilee !
I will drink a caipinrinha on your health ! Skål !

Med venlige helsninger

Nel and Albert Weterings
Rotterdam the Netherlands

Gratulerer fra Norge, Ivar! Like Albertinho I visit the forum every day, even if I know there are little chances of walking a Camino again.. But it gives me great pleasure to read what you nice people here write about your plans and experiences.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Congratulations on 10 years! Even though I'm only been reading the forum for ~6 months, it has been a great guide in helping me plan my camino for 2015. Just made a contribution to this great resource and hope it continues for many more years! I really enjoy reading everyones posts and stop by most days to see what everyone is doing.

Today's the big day!
Hearty congratulations Ivar on the 10th Anniversary of the Forum. What a wonderful place of goodwill and sharing this is.
With thanks and much appreciation -
Cheers - Jenny

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Happy Birthday Forum! Thanks to Ivar and the members who helped him to create the forum spirit, provided information and grow the support base. The trouble is you have been so successful influencing me that whenever I take a "normal?" (non walking trip) I feel like finding where the Camino is there. So I guess in Barcelona tomorrow and the next few days my friends will be wondering why I feel the need to follow the arrows. :)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.