• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Number of Sellos required

colinPeter

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SDC (2009) Somport-Jaca, Burgos-SDC, Cee-Muxia (2012) Le Puy - Aumont-Aubrac (2014) SJPP-SDC (Oct 2015)
Hi!

Do you need to get 2 sellos per day on this route similar to the last 100klm of The Camino Frances?

Col

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The guidance is that it is preferable (but not strictly required) to get 2 sellos per day for the last 100 kms of all routes. However the Pilgrims' Office accepts that there are routes and times of the year where it may only be practicable to obtain sellos in the places where you sleep - albergues, hostals, hotels.

Hi --
My daughter and I plan to walk the Camino Frances beginning June 11, but due to reports/forecasts about Holy Year crowds, we are now re-thinking. How well-marked is the Camino Ingles? Is it really that much less-travelled than the Frances...and if so, are there enough albergues/refugios at intervals to accomodate the normal walker (we probably won't be able to walk more than 10-12 miles a day)? Finally, would we begin in Ferrol (is that 100 km out?)? Thanks for the input/advice --
C&C

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola - have a look at the guide:

http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm

You can also look at this slide show of the route:

http://johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot. ... ngl%C3%A9s

The route from Ferrol is more than 100 kms and you qualify for a Compostela if you walk from there.

Last year 113,000 pilgrims walked the Camino Frances and 1700 walked the Camin Ingles :)
26,000 began in Sarria on the Camino Frances compared to 1600 in Ferrol!

The route is VERY well waymarked.

There are albergues as you wil see in the guide but they are not particularly well spaced. There is good alternative accommodation along the route but you need to look at the distances involved carefully.

I hope this helps.

John

We are looking and planning for this route next year so any feedback from those walking before then will be appreciated. We are seriously thinking of crossing from the Ferrol arm to the Coruña arm between Betanzos and Carral. This gives approx 15km stages which I should be able to manage, from experience this year even in poor conditions. There is some accomodation near Carral according to the internet even if the new albergue is not ready.
My only concern would be that it is 'recognised' for the Compostela. It does not shorten the distance at all, probably adds about 5km on. We expect to take about 8 or 9 days between Ferrol and Santiago. What is your opinion on this please Johnny W? and would we be allowed a 'rest day' if taking that time or just have to keep going?

Hola - I'm interested in why we modern pilgrims talk about "rest days" because I assume that medieval pilgrims who were literally making a once in a life time journey detoured to many shrines and cathedrals. I think it is inconcievable that they wouldn't stop or linger to see and pray at the great cathedrals and other holy places along the way.

The pilgrims office takes no account of the time taken to walk the route. They will simply address the sellos showing that you've walked at least 100 kms to Santiago. I think all you'll need to do is to explain by way of pointing out the sellos the route you have taken to use the accommodation you have chosen.

Regards

John

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Johnny (and for the PM). You have set my mind at rest. A 'rest' day is one in which Terry visited churches etc on his Camino last year and I would want time to 'stand and stare' too. Churches, shrines, wild flowers, mountains - even the water spouts near Llanes - were all part of my experience of the Camino this year and I would want them to be when I walk a full, if short, Camino next year.
Buen 'slow' Camino,
Tia Valeria

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back