• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Number of Stamps on credential needed for last 100 km

Lori D.

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
I have read somewhere that you need two stamps a day on the credential for the last 100 km. Is that correct? If so, how does one do that?

Thanks.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Lori,

Yup, you'll need two stamps per day if you only walk 100kms. Are you walking further than that? We always grabbed two per day, sometimes more! It's a fun way to remember your Camino when you get home.
It's easy to get two per day. One will be from your albergue and the other one can be from wherever you stop for lunch. Just about every pub, bar, restaurant, church, etc. will have stamps for your credential. No worries!

Ron

If you do a search on 'stamps' lots of threads will show up regarding this. But, basically if you start further back than the 100 k. you need only one stamp per day, even within that 100 k. However, you can get as many stamps per day as you like, and many pilgrims do. Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The pilgrim office website is quite clear that one needs two stamps a day in the last 100 km irrespective of how far one has walked. I realize many of us have still received our compostelas with fewer than that, but that doesn't make it sound advice to suggest this in the face of the quite clear formal requirement.

If you do a search on 'stamps' lots of threads will show up regarding this. But, basically if you start further back than the 100 k. you need only one stamp per day, even within that 100 k. However, you can get as many stamps per day as you like, and many pilgrims do. Buen Camino
Thanks! i thought it was a little odd! Leaving in 18 days!
The pilgrim office website is quite clear that one needs two stamps a day in the last 100 km irrespective of how far one has walked. I realize many of us have still received our compostelas with fewer than that, but that doesn't make it sound advice to suggest this in the face of the quite clear formal requirement.
Good to know. Thanks, Doug.

I have read somewhere that you need two stamps a day on the credential for the last 100 km. Is that correct? If so, how does one do that?

Thanks.
Hi Lori, that is correct you need two stamps a day. You have one stamp in the albergue and one some place else . I wish you a Buen Camino, Peter.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thanks, Doug. I wasn't aware it was actually written into the rules. I was one of those (started in SJPP) who got my compostela having got only one stamp per day after Sarria. In fact, I was not even aware of the requirement of two stamps per day within the last 100 k.

Wasn't that discussed about a 136 times already???

Just asking. Sorry for any inconvinience ;)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wasn't that discussed about a 136 times already???

Just asking. Sorry for any inconvinience ;)
It gets regularly discussed, but I have given up pointing out that there is a perfectly useful search function available, and just provide the information another time. I am sure there are others who equally despair that newer members will have search strategies that can find some of the earlier, often identical, information that has been provided.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
It gets regularly discussed, but I have given up pointing out that there is a perfectly useful search function available, and just provide the information another time. I am sure there are others who equally despair that newer members will have search strategies that can find some of the earlier, often identical, information that has been provided.
Sorry, i am new to this. Will run a search next time.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
There's no need to apologise. So many people do it that it has almost become the status quo. I am sure that you will get used to how to best use the forum resources as you go along.
Doug, I am beginning to think you may be one of the most understanding people on this forum.
This is like the million of responses to the perennial question about starting in snow storm from SJPdP in the spring.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry, i am new to this. Will run a search next time.
Not responding to a post is always an option, often the best option for the testy!! :) Ask your questions; someone will take the time to respond, usually in a kindly and tolerant way. It is curious that some will respond to the question not really trying to answer it, but just to tell you that they won't be responding to you because the question has been answered before. Won't you get the same result -- they won't be answering -- with silence? ;)

Thanks, Doug. I wasn't aware it was actually written into the rules. I was one of those (started in SJPP) who got my compostela having got only one stamp per day after Sarria. In fact, I was not even aware of the requirement of two stamps per day within the last 100 k.

I started in SJPP, and when I got to Portomarin, I heard about the two stamps. I asked my albergue host, and she said, "You have walked from France. No one will think you have just taken taxis when they look at your Camino passport!" I had no problem, but had no idea there were "rules" from all across Spain. Just thought it was now strongly suggested from Sarria because some people "cheat", start in Sarria, and then cab it for their only 100km walk. Geez! Who would want to bother with that??

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The two-stamp thing does seem to cause anxiety for some. Numerous bars I arrived at post-Sarria had a longer queue for the ("self-service") stamp than for the coffee - it was all some people seemed to be concerned about. I know what was my priority! And frequently once we had relaxed with coffee and tostadas for a while, the "wave" moved on, the queue dissipated and we could get our sellos as we left the bar. I loved the imaginative designs of some of the stamps and so quite enjoyed getting extra ones. In the end as has been commented above, no one looked closely at how many per day since it was obvious I had stamps all the way from Roncesvalles (and had to start a second credenciale), but it was fun collecting them!

Back