• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Number of walking days.

CaminoRay

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
September (2015)
How many days does it usually take to walk the Del Norte ? My wife and I walk about average speed for a pilgrim on the Frances.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How many days does it usually take to walk the Del Norte ? My wife and I walk about average speed for a pilgrim on the Frances.
Gronze has it divided into 35 stages with about 10 of them over 25kms. That, of course, does not include any rest days, inclement weather days, or simply days taken for sightseeing in larger cities such as San Sebastián, Bilbao, Santander, Oviedo, etc. I want to do it next year and have already booked a May 6-July 18 flight. I tend to poke along and smell the roses so I hope I have sufficient time to do it all without having to rush along at marathon speed.

https://www.gronze.com/camino-norte

We're currently on the Camino del Norte, and we're averaging 15km a day. It's going to take us 54 walking days, to which we're adding rest days (3 so far).
Note that we're also doing the side trip from Villaviciosa to Oviedo, and then back to Avilés.

Buen Camino !

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We're currently on the Camino del Norte, and we're averaging 15km a day. It's going to take us 54 walking days, to which we're adding rest days (3 so far).
Note that we're also doing the side trip from Villaviciosa to Oviedo, and then back to Avilés.

Buen Camino !
That is helpful to me. Thank you.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.