• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

NZer who walked Camino Frances with a new book out.

lissie45

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning to walk CF 2020 - once my partner recovers from cardiac surgery
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/...8670496/a-pilgrimage-on-el-camino-de-santiago

Unfortunately her book is only in paper (I don't buy dead trees anymore) and she basically went with the transport your pack and pre-book everything route, so doesn't really apply to most people.

Main take-away - don't travel with Air France! And don't pack your shoes in your checked in luggage!
Nothing wrong with Air France. I have co shared with them twice from Australia and found them to be very good.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I was interested to listen to this interview but quite disappointed, overall. As you wrote, Lissie, she prebooked everything and had her gear carried. That's fine, because we all have to walk our own Camino, but she sounded a bit dismissive both of those who carried their own gear and those who stayed at albergues. Implying they are mostly the young people!! Most of us here can vouch for the fact that this isn't so!!
She must have been dedicated, having to stop because of foot issues and go back to restart later, but she just didn't come across as a passionate advocate of the Camino experience.
In saying that, I haven't seen her book so it may contain lots of valuable info for the first timer. Sounds like it contains quite a lot of detail on socks!!
Vivienne

Unfortunately her book is only in paper (I don't buy dead trees anymore)

I live within 10 kms of FOUR pulp and paper mills which employ A LOT of labour. Timber is the main economic mainstay of this region, and the forests are continuously regenerated. There is always another seedling in the nursery to replace a “dead tree”.

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back