• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Camino dos Faros

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
My apologises in advance if I am posting in the wrong place or if this has already been covered. I am interested in this route for some time in the future. I would like to do it as a "self hike" without the assistance of any travel agency. The crucial thing for me would be cheap accommodation along the way and this might be a problem at present. An interesting one for discussion and for those of us who have done most of the main Caminos up to now. Moderators if this not posted in the right place place move to appropriate section. Thanking you Dermot (Nalod) http://www.caminodosfaros.com/en/

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
looks a beautiful route - shame i hadn't heard of it few years ago - we made or own route from Finisterra to Corunna....!

Does sound a good one. 207km on foot to cover less than 60km by the crow flying? - that's a lot of coves and inlets. Obviously there are albergues in Muxia and Finisterra, but the northern bit might be more pricey - Neano, Corme, Laxe and several other places seem to have B&Bs or hostals.

I would LOVE to see your photos of the costa del morte.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Nalod. I walked this route last September and it was a wonderful experience. The first two days are difficult, but with exceptional beauty. There are no albergues on the route. I stayed in small hotels and in a few small guest houses and I had to arrange these before I left home given the relatively few available accommodations. I met no other walkers until the fourth stage, and even then just a few the entire route. So you have to be ok with walking alone, but looking at your walking history this won't be a problem. Its not your typical Camino. In many ways its better, but you have to pay attention to the green markers so your mind can't wander too often:) If you want to PM me, please do. Good luck with your planning. Maybe these two photos will help you along!DSC03144.jpg

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

For those who will walk something different , https://www.jejuolle.org/trail_en#/...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back