• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Cebreiro in the snow

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Holy peep! I'll take my ski's next time. WAUW!

O cebreiro looks so small. I know its not big, but this looks just tiny. Wonder wich building the municipal is. Who knows? Not the one all the way in the back on right, is it? Or is it.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
That is the one, the big rectangular building in the back on the right side of the screen. Buen Camino to all shivering pilgrims! SY

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Just wondering for who knows, with so much snow, is the path out of o'cebreiro walkable?

Just wondering for who knows, with so much snow, is the path out of o'cebreiro walkable?
I talked to a pilgrim yesterday (that arrive in Santiago 2 days ago). She told me that she did 37km on the day she passed Cebreiro. She ended up in Triacastela (not sure where she started, but it must be before O Cebreiro). She told me she had to walk the road that whole day.

Yep, thats what i thought. Looking at your snowy pic, the path behind the municipal going down must be completely covered in snow snow snow...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wow, thanks Ivar! So incredibly beautiful to watch and it does look so tiny!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Stopped thinking about a wintercamino to get away from the snow here in the north of Norway.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I was up there on Sunday, a perfect, sunny day. The snow is head-high in places, a rare sight. The road was clear, but parked up on both sides with carloads of families from the city, taking the dog and kids and granny up to Cebreiro to play in the snow and shoot photos and scream and carry on. HUNDREDS of them, creating traffic chaos for the Guardia Civil, climbing up on the palozzas and sliding down (aaaaugh!) building snowmen and making snow angels, making terrible pests of themselves for some residents, and making thousands of euros for other residents in what's usually a pretty dire time of year.
Pilgrims moving right on through, in all kinds of weather.

I have never seen snow.. want to experience it though. if I finish my Camino early November am I likely to see it over Galicia way? it's on the bucket list..and there is no hole in the bucket Dear Liza, Dear Liza...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Gorgeous! But there seemed to be some kind of annoying, mechanical flying insect that kept popping up on my screen!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Magical but being a chilly morsel it also makes me kind of glad I'm not there yet!
Good luck to all of you that are out there braving the cold... better than pouring rain though?

Been keeping an eye on reports like this one and the webcam at O Cebreiro. Its hard to believe that just over a week ago all the snow was gone then came back with a vengeance over two days of almost non stop snow. Hope it all melts by mid April. Does anyone know how bad the snow accumulation is over Route Napolean. I did see the picture of the sheep in Navarra but not sure where exactly it was taken

I was up there on Sunday, a perfect, sunny day. The snow is head-high in places, a rare sight. The road was clear, but parked up on both sides with carloads of families from the city, taking the dog and kids and granny up to Cebreiro to play in the snow and shoot photos and scream and carry on. HUNDREDS of them, creating traffic chaos for the Guardia Civil, climbing up on the palozzas and sliding down (aaaaugh!) building snowmen and making snow angels, making terrible pests of themselves for some residents, and making thousands of euros for other residents in what's usually a pretty dire time of year.
Pilgrims moving right on through, in all kinds of weather.
Thanks for that. I saw the cars on the webcam and thought there might have been some kind of festival or religious ceremony going on. Never thought of the simple answer, 'people wanting to play in the snow' :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Gorgeous! But there seemed to be some kind of annoying, mechanical flying insect that kept popping up on my screen!

Frankly, I hope drones get outlawed.
Recently here in Florida visitors have been using Go-Pro cameras on sticks to photograph endangered wildlife assisted by recorded bird calls on their portable devices.
Hopefully some hacker will create an app to block all this kind of insanity.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Sky Jack

Mwah ha ha ha!

I think northern Spain must be getting Boston's weather this year. Every time Boston gets dumped on, a few days later it seems to fall in Spain. If that's the case, get ready for the next one, another big storm is supposedly heading to Boston in the next day or so! Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

I've crossed that pass twice in the worst "normal" conditions possible -- not snow, but the wind and especially the rain.

No matter the conditions on the "official" pilgrim trail, which could very well be impassable under significant snowfall, the tarmac is very unlikely to be impassable.

The only difficult thing about the stage up to O Cebreiro is the steepness of the walking trail -- the principal and secondary tarmac routes around O Cebreiro have so much motor traffic that snow disruptions are unlikely, plus they're MUCH easier (but also much lengthier) than the "official" route up.

The two mountain passes that DO often get blocked by snow are SJPP > Roncesvalles and Cruz de Ferro. Cruz de Ferro is the only one of these three mountain passes to have no easily hiked tarmac option.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back