• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Pedrouzo: looking for an albergue with piano

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances - 2015 & 2022
Portugues - 2016 & 2024
Within a week I hope to arrive in Santiago. The last evening I hope to spend the evening in O Pedrouzo with some pilgrimfriends. I would love to find a place to stay with a piano. Is there an albergue with piano to find in O Pedrouza?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Wow, interesting request! I’ve walked four camino routes and spent many additional weeks just wandering around Spain/France and I’ve NEVER seen a piano…anywhere!…and certainly not in a pilgrim albergue. Curious if anyone else has. You may get lucky: O Pedrouzo is a bigger village with a lot of accommodation choices and cafes. There is also a church which MIGHT have an organ if you’re playing is more spiritual than modern or party-based. Curious what others have seen.

Wow, interesting request! I’ve walked four camino routes and spent many additional weeks just wandering around Spain/France and I’ve NEVER seen a piano…anywhere!…and certainly not in a pilgrim albergue. Curious if anyone else has. You may get lucky: O Pedrouzo is a bigger village with a lot of accommodation choices and cafes. There is also a church which MIGHT have an organ if you’re playing is more spiritual than modern or party-based. Curious what others have seen.
I think there is one in Burgette - but that is a LONG way before O Pedrouzo! And not an albergue.

I didn't see any pianos myself.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Within a week I hope to arrive in Santiago. The last evening I hope to spend the evening in O Pedrouzo with some pilgrimfriends. I would love to find a place to stay with a piano. Is there an albergue with piano to find in O Pedrouza?

Maybe you can contact this group?

This " banda de musica " surely will know where there are pianos in town.

Good luck with your quest!

Albergue Santa Irene, only a few kms before O Pedrouzo...
check their facebook page...
Ciao!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I had the same question some years ago. At last I found one but unfortunately it was a brown piano.
I only can play on a black one .So disappointing 🤓

by the way. In albergue Hospederia San Martin Pineiro in the room opposite the reception is a piano. So you can do your rehearsal once you arrived in Santiago.
I thought it is a brown one.

Thanksss! We were then lucky to have visited two albergues allready with piano!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
When there is a piano, the piano tuner is around 😊
Maria , if you play jazz or Brazilean bossa nova or samba I can join you at the Peregrino JazzBand I take my double bass with me .

see that you live inZeewolde . Last week I stayed in CenterParcs in Zeewolde for a couple of days.
met vriendelijke groeten
Albertinho van Goeree Overflakkee.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
There was a piano in the pilgrim albergue at Barbadelo (just after Sarria) four years ago, but dreadfully out of tune even then. Unless it has been tuned since, I would think it unplayable by now! Tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I think there is one in Burgette - but that is a LONG way before O Pedrouzo! And not an albergue.

I didn't see any pianos myself.
The story te Burguette is that Hemingway scratched his name on it ( Hostal Burguette just on the right as you enter the town from Roncesvalles. He used to stay there, fish the local streams and reputedly it’s where he wrote “The Sun Also Rises”(“Fiesta”). It was closed unfortunately when I toddled through on a snowy day.

De colores

Bogong

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Are you sure that in Santa Irene there's a piano?
if memory serves me correctly, there was one in 2019... their facebook page still displays one on the pictures of the main/dining room... anyway, it didn't appear to be in good shape. and, as far as albertino is concerned, it was brown...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
if memory serves me correctly, there was one in 2019... their facebook page still displays one on the pictures of the main/dining room... anyway, it didn't appear to be in good shape. and, as far as albertino is concerned, it was brown...
I'm sorry, I didn't know that there are two albergues at Santa Irene.
When I do the Camino, in Christmas, only the Xunta de Galicia albergue is open. 😌

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that there are two albergues at Santa Irene.
When I do the Camino, in Christmas, only the Xunta de Galicia albergue is open. 😌
please do not feel sorry!! now I remember the other one on the opposite side of the road, close to one and only bar in sight for miles...

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back