• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

O Son do Camiño Music Festival in Santiago, June 15 - 17, 2023

natefaith

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2009, 2014, 2017
Hi everyone,

Please note that the O Son do Camiño music festival will take place at Monte de Gozo from June 15 - 17: https://www.osondocamino.es/

Pilgrims are welcome to get tickets and attend, of course, BUT the real impact is that accommodations and transportation may be extremely tight next Thursday through Saturday. In previous years pilgrims arriving without reservations have had a hard time finding anything in town. Taxis are also busy shuttling people to and from the festival in the evenings, so please take note of that and plan ahead if you need a taxi to the airport, for example.

I don't write this to make anyone anxious :) but to make pilgrims aware and to suggest that you make your housing reservations now for next weekend if your're on a tight budget or a tight schedule and can't necessarily go with the flow once you’re in Santiago, if things are unavailable.

Buen Camino if you're walking now!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Took my plane back home last year when the festival was on. My observations:

- regular budget accomodation was absolutely booked.
- basic hotels where booked.
- basic Aribnb where booked.
- Expensive accomodation was available... but expensive. Like 200€ and up for a double room.
- accomodation of all types became available regularly (likely due to cancellation). With frequent checking all my friends where able to find something that fit in their budget. But there was some anxiety.

--> So if you can, best avoid Santiago on that weekend to make your life easier.
--> If you can't do that, don't panic. Even if nothing is showing up right now, there is a good chance you will find something in the end.

Thanks for sharing from your experience, @Anhalter! Great that your friends were all able to find something. We'll see how it goes this year!

Did anyone take a look at the bands playing at the festival? I'm only slightly curious about "Wolfmother" and "Galician Army."

Thanks for sharing from your experience, @Anhalter! Great that your friends were all able to find something. We'll see how it goes this year!

Did anyone take a look at the bands playing at the festival? I'm only slightly curious about "Wolfmother" and "Galician Army."
I know you are only "slightly" curious, but Wolfmother are a fairly well-known band from Sydney, Australia ... Been around for the last 20 years

but Wolfmother are a fairly well-known band from Sydney, Australia ... Been around for the last 20 years

Good to know! I just looked them up and had a listen on Spotify. They’re energetic and the instrumentation is tight- very impressive.

I’m always intrigued by the bands that have interesting names, but often the more interesting the name is, the less I like the music. This is a good case of the opposite. Thanks for the introduction :).

I went to that concert in 2019 after the Camino. It was super loud metal type music and many young people were so drunk that they were 🤮. It’s too much of a culture shock after walking as well.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back