A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Obsessed with Santiago de Compostela, who me?

2020 Camino Guides

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
After walking from La Verna to Asissi along the Via Francigena di San Francesco I came back home through Rome, not my favorite city. With time to spare, visited the Vatican Museum and found a souvenir from SdC. Well, not exactly but close enough to hit the fond memories button. The photographs are not mine but off the internet and there anonymously posted.
The original Bramante staircase, in the Pio-Clementine Vatican Museum was built in 1505 to a design by Donato Bramante 59700
"Bramante Staircase", was designed by Giuseppe in 1932 59701
You should have guessed by now, inside the dusty musty Museo do pobo Galego Costa de San Domingos, s/n, one finds: 59703 Worth seeking out!

D

Deleted member 59555

After walking from La Verna to Asissi along the Via Francigena di San Francesco I came back home through Rome, not my favorite city. With time to spare, visited the Vatican Museum and found a souvenir from SdC. Well, not exactly but close enough to hit the fond memories button. The photographs are not mine but off the internet and there anonymously posted.
The original Bramante staircase, in the Pio-Clementine Vatican Museum was built in 1505 to a design by Donato Bramante View attachment 59700
"Bramante Staircase", was designed by Giuseppe in 1932 View attachment 59701
You should have guessed by now, inside the dusty musty Museo do pobo Galego Costa de San Domingos, s/n, one finds: View attachment 59703 Worth seeking out!
Scruffy my friend I think you may be just going around in circles

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances & to Finisterre (2009), Camino Podiensis (2011), Aussie Camino (2018)
I've placed the same tile on out front fence next to our letter box.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
O Museo do Pobo Galego as every other ethnogafic museum can be boring if you are not interested in the specific culture that is exposed.
Nevertheless, I remember the rooms types of houses and fishing arts that I think would be interesting for everybody.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 189 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 151 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock