• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

obsessing

andy.d

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Levante 2009
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2011
Camino Ingles (Coruna) 2014
Pilgrims Way Winchester - Canterbury
Camino Ingles (Ferrol) 2015
Cistercian Way (Wales) 2016
I have less than a week now before I set off. I am obsessing The kit is all out on the floor. I keep going through it looking at what can be left out and (so-far successfully) overcoming temptations to add more. I am spending endless time on this forum reading posts (and thank you, there is such a wealth of helpful and supportive insight here). I have a very long list of final jobs that gets longer rather then shorter. I am practicing Spanish (still poco). I keep looking at the airline website to check I haven't forgotten something that will cost an arm and a leg. I have started a blog. I have twisted my ankle and spend time contemplating the lovely yellow and purple colours. Half of me is so excited that I walk around with a permanent inane grin. The other half is scared witless.

Is this normal behaviour?

Andy

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Andy Normal no- but then nor is the Camino, so it sounds as if you are absolutely on course! You still have to get the shakes and experience an overwhelming desire to hug anyone else you see with a backpack (joking but only just!) :D
Your anticipation brings back some happy memories of my own thank you -it's like being given back Christmas isn't it?
Bonne route
Nell

Hi Andy,
It is reassuring to know there are other people out there who are doing exactly the same stuff as me right now...kit checking, list writing, Spanish revision, spending way too much time on this great website, going quietly gaga etc. I haven't started a blog but am compiling a mammoth list of all refugios and other accommodation enroute. Like you I am really looking forward to it but still apprehensive as it is a bit of a step into the unknown...
My husband is much calmer but hasn't helped tonight by suggesting there will be REALLY BIG spiders :shock: although I have retorted by adding a REALLY BIG jam jar to his packing list :p
Hope you have a great camino :)

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.