• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Obtaining a Sello at the cathedral of Oveido

Old Hillwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Del Norte 2022
Is it possible to obtain a Sello at the cathedral of Oveido? I was there this morning and wandered around before Mass began and saw no information regarding, getting one.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Is it possible to obtain a Sello at the cathedral of Oveido? I was there this morning and wandered around before Mass began and saw no information regarding, getting one.
Yes, of course.
When I was there I got my credential stamped at the booth where you pay to visit the cathedral (I can't remember if it was free for pilgrims or a discounted rate)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I assume not on Sunday.

See:
And also their FAQ here: https://catedraldeoviedo.com/visita-cultural/prepara-tu-visita/preguntas-frecuentes/

So, apparently, their digital sello can be obtained at all times and their physical sello during those times when the Cathedral is open for cultural visits.

When you arrive outside of the touristic opening times but are there before or after mass you can ask one of the sacristanas who are present.

Last edited:
See:
And also their FAQ here: https://catedraldeoviedo.com/visita-cultural/prepara-tu-visita/preguntas-frecuentes/

So, apparently, their digital sello can be obtained at all times and their physical sello during those times when the Cathedral is open for cultural visits.

When you arrive outside of the touristic opening times but are there before or after mass you can ask one of the sacristanas who are present.
Does this mean that you can only receive the Salvadorana certificate for walking the Camino del Salvador during those times also?

It's a good thing that I arrived in Oviedo on a Monday!

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back