• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Obtaining Pilgrim Passport

ella211west

Hola,

Can anyone tell me if I can collect my Pilgrim Passport from Le Puy on the day that I start?

I am confused whether I have to send for it before I leave England or I can collect it there. Also, without wanting to offend, is there a charge and if so, how much?

A positive reply will be appreciated.

Thank you

Ian

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Pilgrims Passport

Hi Ian,

You can get the Pilgrims passport when you start in Le Puy at the Cathedral, or the local association of the Amis de St Jacques. Please have a look here for more information:
http://www.csj.org.uk/how-to-get-a-credencial.htm
http://www.csj.org.uk/passport.htm

..as you can read on the "The Confraternity of St James" page (link above), you can get it sent to you if you at home if you are a member of The Confraternity of St James. I think most people just pick it up at the starting point.

There is no charge for the Pilgrims Passport if you pick it up at your starting point.

We have also touched on this topic in an earlier topic, have a look here:
viewtopic.php?t=49

Welcome to Santiago!
Ivar

Hi Ivar

Thanks for your reassurance. I had read the C.S.J website about obtaining the passport and was still uncertain if I could get it on the day or if I had to send for it.

Sometimes things are so clear that you end up looking for difficulties in them!

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to reply.

Buen Camino

Ian

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Can someone please describe the difference between the Wise Pilgrim print edition, the kindle edition, and the app for the Camino Primitivo? I mean up-to-date info, ease of use, etc. If I got the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.