• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Obtaining sellos on the Camino Ingles

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
Hola - the other day I met a pilgrim who had completed the Camino Ingles. He is a collector of sellos and enjoys spending his time going round places to see if they have a stamp. I was astonished when he produced 3 credenciales full of sellos - the most I have ever managed on this little route is about 15 over the five days...but then again I enjoy doing things other than collecting sellos...like walking :)

Here they are:

Attachments

• Camino Ingles sellos.jpg
    Camino Ingles sellos.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,445
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dear Johnie,
Lovely to hear from you. I hope that you are well and enjoying Galicia.

But, by the Lord Harry !!! What a collection! I have never seen so many seals for a 110 km route.

My story is the opposite. I walked the camino in April, gaining a feeble 4 seals over 4.5 days. Places were shut, I missed the town halls, I wasn't certain that I even wanted to count this as a pilgrimage....
whatever.
Anyway, I turned up in the Pilgrims' Office and -for the first time in my experience - they REALLY questioned me whether I had actually walked from Ferrol. Given I was in my walking clothes with 5 days of wear and 5 days of sunburn, I was able to convince them.
But it serves me right. I had been complacent in my other journey. The message is clear: get one or two seals per day if you wish to have your pilgrimage considered for a compostella.
And I remain convinced that this is a wonderful route: very suitable for anyone seeking 4 or 5 days of pleasant plodding.
Kind regards to you and especially to you, my dear Mr Walker,
Gyro

Unless you have a very tight time schedule I would urge folk to also walk the A Coruna to SDC leg after doing the Ferrol route.

You could simply walk to Hospital de Bruma and catch the bus back to Santiago from Meson or do what I did, which was to walk back to SDC.

Not being well it took me 2 days to walk to HdB, but if you are fit enough it could be done in one days walking.

That way you have done the whole of the Camino Inglés.

On the Ferrol route I only managed 8. 9 if you add the Pilgrim Office.

This pilgrim obviously didn't want to stop walking at 2.00pm and found something useful to fill the time with.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Meenakshi, my daughter, and I will be walking from Coruna in October Half Term. I've just received credencials very quickly from Ian Holdsworth (thanks Ian!). How many sellos will we find?

Andy

En route to Ferrol we collected sellos from our home church and the ferry as well as in Santander. Terry's credential this year came from the Cámara Santa in Oviedo where we also each received a sello. The hostales in Oviedo and Ribadeo also gave us sellos before we started the Camino ones in Ferrol at the tourist office. We each then collected 19 sellos plus 2 signatures (where no sello was available at the time we passed through) from Ferrol to Santiago at the Pilgrims' Office. Not as impressive as the set above but a good record of our time on the Camino Inglés.

The first sello is from the Cámara Santa

and the last (for those who have not yet reached Santiago) is the stamp of the Cathedral in Santiago from the Pilgrims' Office

Attachments

• credential 4a.jpg
    credential 4a.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 1,250
  • credential 5a.jpg
    credential 5a.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 1,247
Tia Valeria said:
En route to Ferrol we collected sellos from our home church and the ferry as well as in Santander. Terry's credential this year came from the Cámara Santa in Oviedo where we also each received a sello. The hostales in Oviedo and Ribadeo also gave us sellos before we started the Camino ones in Ferrol at the tourist office. We each then collected 19 sellos plus 2 signatures (where no sello was available at the time we passed through) from Ferrol to Santiago at the Pilgrims' Office. Not as impressive as the set above but a good record of our time on the Camino Inglés.

The first sello is from the Cámara Santa

and the last (for those who have not yet reached Santiago) is the stamp of the Cathedral in Santiago from the Pilgrims' Office

Some of those look familiar :mrgreen:

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back