• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Occupational therapy during lockdown

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I started learning Spanish.
T2andreo recommended Duolingo and that has been my primary learning app. I also do "Espanol con Juan" on Youtube - also recommended by a Forum member. I am a big fan of Juan. He is the best.
After 153 consecutive days of learning Spanish, I'm doing really well. I can read children's books and women's magazines on fashion, make-up and lifestyle related articles. My writing is almost without spelling mistakes. Now listening to native Spanish people is another story. My goodness, they speak fast! And they do not pause!
I can't wait to be back in Spain, practicing my Spanish and enjoying the Spanish culture. I think it is going to be some time before it happens and I can wait patiently knowing something good is in store for me.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
..... and as much walking as I can fit in, in the time that's allowed for exercise. A curse on this corona virus.

Last edited:
Learned how to pick a padlock
C19 mask production
Restarted my German language course
Passed my Amateur Radio Operator exam (call sign M7KEC)
Learned how to whistle with two fingers
Improved my harmonica playing (not by much)
Improved my ukulele playing (quite a bit)
Part way through scanning my collection of colour sides (2500 of them!)
Learned how to cut a deck of cards one handed in three different ways
Walked half way across Spain on a virtual Camino (approaching Boadilla today)
Learning Tai Chi (the warm up exercises are exhausting!)
Currently wallowing in nostalgia while I assemble a library of songs from my youth

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have been playing Words With Friends; an online Scrabble game; surprisingly I win quite often too!

I started playing with a forum member. We still play but I have added new combatants.

Will start improving Spanish soon with aforementioned tools and will watch Spanish language programs on tv.

I’ve been painting, cleaning, and decorating home within and without.

When, I am up late like now, 1:18 anti meridian, I listen to the roar of soon-to-be airborne engines as planes jettison down the runway at LAX.

I can only hear them in the wee small hours of the morning when the city is quiet, otherwise I live too far away.

Last edited:
I started learning Spanish.
T2andreo recommended Duolingo and that has been my primary learning app. I also do "Espanol con Juan" on Youtube - also recommended by a Forum member. I am a big fan of Juan. He is the best.
After 153 consecutive days of learning Spanish, I'm doing really well. I can read children's books and women's magazines on fashion, make-up and lifestyle related articles. My writing is almost without spelling mistakes. Now listening to native Spanish people is another story. My goodness, they speak fast! And they do not pause!
I can't wait to be back in Spain, practicing my Spanish and enjoying the Spanish culture. I think it is going to be some time before it happens and I can wait patiently knowing something good is in store for me.
A tip from my (German) language tutor - try listening to women speaking your target language. Their higher pitched voices can make them easier to understand.

I also try to improve my Spanish. I love "Espanol con Juan". He makes it such fun. Recently enjoying another very good site "Espanol con Vicente" There are so many great learning resources on YouTube. Juan did a video suggesting some useful sites for us. I sometimes watch some Spanish tv on www.rtve.es I find that documentaries are easiest to understand. Nunca es tarde para aprender.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
During lockdown I created this little Camino friend to amuse myself. Anyone else got amusing or interesting accomplishments to share?
Mixed and Laid a concrete path in my garden. Cleaned up reclaimed stone slabs and created raised bed for rasberry canes and rhubarb bed. Cleared out garden bed of tree stumps. Buggered Knee up so now definitely not doing a late Camino this year😞

I have been painting rocks, usually with some saying of hope or inspiration. At least 5 days a week, I walk a 3 1/2 mile loop not far from me, isolated, but not park area. I start with my prayers. If I try to pray at home or in stillness, I fall asleep hahahaha, but I find prayer and meditation in motion works for me. It has evolved into my “mini Camino“. I leave my painted rocks for other Walkers/runners/bikers to find.

I taught myself how to knit, how to bookbind, and how to weave on a rigid heddle loom. I've made at least 3 examples of each craft so far. I've published 6 books since quarantine started - all things I've written in years past and not had time to assemble into book form. I started learning Irish on Transparent Language (free from my public library) but think I'll go back to learning German. I've organized all my clothes and craft room. I'm finally getting caught up on my to be read pile. And I retired after nearly 20 years of work for the library.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have been learning Polish. My intention is to know how a Slavic language is and memorize some basic words. No more than this because it is very difficult for me.

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hello, We are planning to hike the Camino with our young children in September. We aren't tied to a specific route, but we only have 10 days to walk and our kids can only do ~10 miles per day...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.