• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Ocean front path between Finisterra and Lires instead of regular route???

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2015,2016,2017,2018,2022, 2023, april 24.
Thinking about the alternative route (that follows the coastline instead of more inland) between Finisterra and Lires. Has anyone done this recently and is it decently marked and what is the difficulty level? (meaning is it a very rocky rough path or fairly smooth ? ) We would only consider doing this if the weather is reasonable . Thanks

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I haven't done it but I noted on my AllTrails App that the route is there and described as an 18km trek "moderately challenging taking an average of 5hr35min to complete" On that app are reviews posted by hikers, map that you can download to live navigate with, photos etc. Looks like a nice route but as you noted one for good weather.

I haven't done it but I noted on my AllTrails App that the route is there and described as an 18km trek "moderately challenging taking an average of 5hr35min to complete" On that app are reviews posted by hikers, map that you can download to live navigate with, photos etc. Looks like a nice route but as you noted one for good weather.
Thanks. I just downloaded Alltrails app. Now just hoping the weather will be ok :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thinking about the alternative route (that follows the coastline instead of more inland) between Finisterra and Lires. Has anyone done this recently and is it decently marked and what is the difficulty level? (meaning is it a very rocky rough path or fairly smooth ? ) We would only consider doing this if the weather is reasonable . Thanks
Walked this route last spring. Loved it. Not difficult. Found a wonderful restaurant in Lires, part of a small hotel, LiresCa Hotel and Restaurante. Worth walking this route just for this restaurant.

Walked this route last spring. Loved it. Not difficult. Found a wonderful restaurant in Lires, part of a small hotel, LiresCa Hotel and Restaurante. Worth walking this route just for this restaurant.
Hi and Thanks. Were actually booked to stay the night at LiresCa hotel :) . But yes want to do the actual ocean front trail instead of regular Camino route for a few miles .

It
It is part of the camino dos Faros and it is beautiful. A bit more difficult than the camino to Finisterre but very doable and lovely

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I totally agree. We walked from Muxia to Finisterre and stayed in Lires as our midway point. My friend, who is a foodie, and I had one of the best dining experiences there.

We have stayed overnight at this hotel and had dinner at their restaurant...up on the hill and very nice indeed.

It

It is part of the camino dos Faros and it is beautiful. A bit more difficult than the camino to Finisterre but very doable and lovely
My two sons walked the Faros between Lires and Finesterre and enjoyed it. We then all walked from the Finesterre lighthouse on that same walk backwards into town; beautiful and we were the only ones on a sunny afternoon in May.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back