• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

(O'Cebreiro to Santiago) OR (Sarria to Finisterre) with 7-8 days walking

Seth

Time of past OR future Camino
Plan to walk from Sarria to Santiago and on to Finisterre in April 2016.
I am trying to decide which of these two routes to take as I have heard wonderful things both about O'Cebreiro and Finisterre. I'm not sure I can fit both in with only 7-8 days of walking available.

I consider myself to be in very good walking shape but this will be my first camino and don't want to feel rushed through it to meet a goal.

Any ideas on pros and cons of O'Cebreiro versus the walk on to Finisterre?

Thanks for all of your help and for previous posts that convinced me I could not do both in my allotted time.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
O Cebreiro is harder to get to, so I would suggest Sarria to Fisterra (or Muxia).:)

Yes, if you start in Sarria you have the choice of a few days in Santiago (and do the tour of the Cathedral roof, check out the fresh market, try the fabulous tapas bars in Ruo Franco!) or of walking on.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I am trying to decide which of these two routes to take as I have heard wonderful things both about O'Cebreiro and Finisterre. I'm not sure I can fit both in with only 7-8 days of walking available.

I consider myself to be in very good walking shape but this will be my first camino and don't want to feel rushed through it to meet a goal.

Any ideas on pros and cons of O'Cebreiro versus the walk on to Finisterre?

Thanks for all of your help and for previous posts that convinced me I could not do both in my allotted time.
Hi Seth, I'm with Kanga. Stay in Santiago for a few days .
Wish you well and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
On a time budget of 7-8 days...start Sarria hike to Santiago and enjoy Santiago but day bus tour Finisterre to Muxia...or Start Santiago hike to Finisterre and Muxia then bus back to Santiago and enjoy Santiago.

Back