Search 69,459 Camino Questions

October Camino Primitivo 2023

paulanuran

Time of past OR future Camino
october 2022
Camino Primitivo during second and third week of October. Boots or Trail Runners?
Also is this route going to be completely desolate in October? I would want to see some pilgrims during the day and at end in Albergues, should I choose another route then?

Sorry I’ve been having hard time choosing the route. Thank you for your time.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Wet, probably, but not desolate and you won't be the only pilgrim at all. Boots or trail runners? I don't know, what's the difference? What do you usually wear? I always walk in trail runners because for me they are lighter and more comfortable and they dry out more quickly. And I did walk the Primitivo in October, as it happens.

Wet, probably, but not desolate and you won't be the only pilgrim at all. Boots or trail runners? I don't know, what's the difference? What do you usually wear? I always walk in trail runners because for me they are lighter and more comfortable and they dry out more quickly. And I did walk the Primitivo in October, as it happens.
Thanks, I have always used mid boots but only for 30-40 km treks. I do want to feel lighter during this hike. I will have to do some long distance walking in my boots to decide.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did the Primitivo last October/November and only had one day of rain, but that was more luck than good planning. There are still people walking at that time so you won’t be completely isolated. As for footwear, just make sure it’s good quality and a size bigger than your normal footwear to allow for sweaty feet/socks which expand inside the footwear to cause friction and then blisters

I did the Primitivo last October/November and only had one day of rain, but that was more luck than good planning. There are still people walking at that time so you won’t be completely isolated. As for footwear, just make sure it’s good quality and a size bigger than your normal footwear to allow for sweaty feet/socks which expand inside the footwear to cause friction and then blisters
thanks !!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I walked the Primitivo in September and was very glad to have boots with me as the trails were muddy and the surfaces very rocky. I just put a video on youTube of that walk..https://youtu.be/yXi7sFUybJM
Thank you for the comment. My instinct tells me to go with boots

Thanks, I have always used mid boots but only for 30-40 km treks. I do want to feel lighter during this hike. I will have to do some long distance walking in my boots to decide.
I always use mid waterproof in all my Caminos (long and short) and have been very happy with my choice.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! Started today from Oviedo to Escamplero. Now I know, why so many people say it's a bit of a challenge to come out of Oviedo. I got lost just once, but was rescued by a very friendly guy. A...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back