Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

October/November Camini

Phil Krenc

PEK49
Camino(s) past & future
Camino de Santiago - Frances (2016)
Camino de Santiago - Norte (2019)
I plan to walk the northern route, starting from Irun. I'm leaving for Spain October 19 and plan 30+ days to get to Santiago. I've been checking The Wise Pilgrim Guide for availability of accommodations in October and November and it appears there are albergues open through November. Any advice on finding accommodations on the northern route at this time of year would be helpful. Also, does anyone have suggestions for other guide books for this route that are better than The Wise Pilgrim guide? Thanks.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
Check Gronze.com. It is in Spanish but if you open it in Google Chrome it will translate. There is also the Buen Camino app which is free. This will give you more options for places to sleep. I walked last year into the beginning of November and there were less places open the later it got. I never had a problem but there are less choices. Call ahead each morning or the night before to make sure where you want to stay is open. You will not have any problem if you know even rudimentary Spanish.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts