• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

October/November Camini

Phil Krenc

PEK49
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino de Santiago - Frances (2016)
Camino de Santiago - Norte (2019)
I plan to walk the northern route, starting from Irun. I'm leaving for Spain October 19 and plan 30+ days to get to Santiago. I've been checking The Wise Pilgrim Guide for availability of accommodations in October and November and it appears there are albergues open through November. Any advice on finding accommodations on the northern route at this time of year would be helpful. Also, does anyone have suggestions for other guide books for this route that are better than The Wise Pilgrim guide? Thanks.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Check Gronze.com. It is in Spanish but if you open it in Google Chrome it will translate. There is also the Buen Camino app which is free. This will give you more options for places to sleep. I walked last year into the beginning of November and there were less places open the later it got. I never had a problem but there are less choices. Call ahead each morning or the night before to make sure where you want to stay is open. You will not have any problem if you know even rudimentary Spanish.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back