• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Odd Question about a plastic bag I got at the pilgrims' office in SJPdP

PaulCat

Time of past OR future Camino
June (2015) & June/July (2018)
Odd Question about a plastic bag I got at the pilgrims' office in SJPdP. They gave me a plastic ziploc bag at the start of the Camino in SJPdP, and I was able to fit not only pilgrim's passport, but also my guide book and the other paper work they gave me. I no longer have the bag (I waled 2 or 3 years ago), and I was trying to recall the dimensions of the bag.

I have a few other trips planned with guide books that are about the same size, and am looking for a bag of similar size as to the one I got at the start of the camino.

Any help would be appreciated.

Also, God willing, pending contract renewal in April, I plan on doing Camino #2 June-July 2018.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Maybe take your Pilgrim passport and Guidebook, to the local Supermarket, and see which size zip lock bag fits best :)

If I had mine still I would measure it for you ;)

Maybe other members have the exact dimensions.

Good hunting.

I too, love that unique sized plastic bag from the SJPdP pilgrim office! I've never seen that particular size anywhere else. You could probably "google it" and come up with a similar size ziplock online...problem is you'd most likely have to buy them in bulk quantities of a hundred! :)

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I just so happen to have said ziplock bag in front of me now. It's 24x16 cm or if you prefer 9 1/2 x 6 1/4 inches.

They are indeed very handy.

I still have mine from 2015. It's getting a bit battered now but will shortly be starting its fourth camino....

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For heavy duty protection, consider aLOKSAK bags made by LOKSAK... www.loksak.com. These ziplock bags are very thick and come in many different sizes to protect documents and electronic devices. I have used them over five Caminos and find they work great.

Regular freezer storage Ziplock bags also work well, but are not as durable.

I hope this helps.

When you arrive at your next Camino, will you not receive a new bag? If needed now, consider freezer bags over regular ones as they are heavier and will last longer.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was never given said bag,i will be reporting this to the bishop at once !!!!!!!
LOL! I'm sure he'll be on right away. They gave it to me with the credentials and a couple of copier pages worth of basic but useful camino information. I just assumed they gave one to everyone. Or maybe they gave one to everyone except you...j/k. They were probably out that day.

For heavy duty protection, consider aLOKSAK bags made by LOKSAK... www.loksak.com. These ziplock bags are very thick and come in many different sizes to protect documents and electronic devices. I have used them over five Caminos and find they work great.

Regular freezer storage Ziplock bags also work well, but are not as durable.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I own some of these and they are great. Just not the right size. :(. I use the Large bag for holding my maps for when I go backpacking. Perfect size for those.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I found this size of LocSack, which I think will be perfect for my on and off camino trips. I'll be hiking the Lone Start Hiking Trail in the Spring and this will be perfect for my guide and cell phone.

Thanks @PaulCat & @Dorpie for the reminder of the benefits of this particular bag and for the sizing! Found mine from some time ago, and just cleaned it up - ready to go in 2 weeks!! :)

LOL! I'm sure he'll be on right away. They gave it to me with the credentials and a couple of copier pages worth of basic but useful camino information. I just assumed they gave one to everyone. Or maybe they gave one to everyone except you...j/k. They were probably out that day.

Maybe he thought i wasn't holy enough,or he thought this Irish guy ain't going to make it up the hill :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back