• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

of architectural/cultural interest

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For those who understand Spanish you may be interested in this series of TV programmes about Romanic architecture. Much of it relates to places on the various caminos.
www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/las-claves-del-romanico

I hope it can be watched outside of Spain, I'm not sure.
Sue

Hi, Sue, I'm not having much luck getting it, :( but I'll try again at my library's computer, which for whatever reason, sometimes gets me access to videos I can't otherwise see. Thanks, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
For those who understand Spanish you may be interested in this series of TV programmes about Romanic architecture. Much of it relates to places on the various caminos.

Sue

How weird! I remember watching this on my honeymoon long before my Camino! We'd set the date but three months earlier my wife found out she was pregnant so our honeymoon involved a lot of resting, staying in bed til late in the morning for completely the wrong reasons :) I watched Spanish TV while she slept and got quite hooked on Peridis. Brings back happy memories! Thanks!

Sue

SUCCESS!! Wow, I only had time to watch one of the many in the series, and I chose the "montana palentina" since the Camino Olvidado passes through there. I remember Reb telling me that her province has more romanesque than any other in Spain and this video confirmed that. Though the Olvidado passes by a fair number of them, there are a few standouts that are a ways away, shucks. Rebekah, I think you should lead little tours of romanesque in Palencia, :)this website gives a few suggested routes.

http://www.palenciaturismo.es/conte...onActual=0c3f4456-d5f5-11de-b283-fb9baaa14523

What is so beautiful about these places is the setting, the vistas, frequently the sound of running water -- I just have much more sense of being part of the overall enterprise in a church like these than in the more magnificent and awe-inspiring gothic, barroque, and neoclassical structures. Can't wait to see many more in the series, thanks so much for posting the link, Sue.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Sue
Hey, Sue,
thanks for posting this. I don't speak Spanish apart from few phrases and few dozens of words, but the series is interesting enough (and beautifully shot, of course) to be able to watch it.
Just asking myself when to find all the time to see actual locations live ;)

K1

Most read last week in this forum

One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...
Anne Chépeau of Radio France in an article published 24/04/2024, describes a special exhibition of paintings and choir carpet of Notre-Dame cathedral restored after the 2019 fire and presently...
Wonderful story! https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/santiago/santiago/2024/04/23/espiritu-barraca-garcia-lorca-llega-camino/00031713905544318401215.htm Filmmaker and pianist and their...
As many of us know, over the last years the Camino has risen in popularity for South Koreans. I didn't know it had made it into their dramas, though! I was watching the Korean drama (Kdrama)...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.