• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Off again - Hopefully

MikeJS

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Olvidado/San Salvador/Primitivo 2019
My last camino was the Oct 19 when I walked the Camino Olvidado to Buiza, then the San Salvador to Oviedo and finally the Primitivo to SdC. Now looking for a new adventure and considering starting on the Camino Madrid then walking the first part of the San Salvador that I missed last time and then onto the last bit of the Olvidado that I again missed last time. After that I will need to decide to either repeat the Invierno that I walked in 2017 after the Surest or the end of the Frances which I have probably walked part of around 5 times. As always, I have read through the various Camino Madrid threads and am well used to using the likes of Wikiloc and Gronze.

It is likely, that I will not start until Sept 23 as I am busy in spring and it will be too hot after that. I am hoping that there will be a few people posting on here before Sept so I can see what the latest accommodation options are…...

Let the planning commence.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
My last camino was the Oct 19 when I walked the Camino Olvidado to Buiza, then the San Salvador to Oviedo and finally the Primitivo to SdC. Now looking for a new adventure and considering starting on the Camino Madrid then walking the first part of the San Salvador that I missed last time and then onto the last bit of the Olvidado that I again missed last time. After that I will need to decide to either repeat the Invierno that I walked in 2017 after the Surest or the end of the Frances which I have probably walked part of around 5 times. As always, I have read through the various Camino Madrid threads and am well used to using the likes of Wikiloc and Gronze.

It is likely, that I will not start until Sept 23 as I am busy in spring and it will be too hot after that. I am hoping that there will be a few people posting on here before Sept so I can see what the latest accommodation options are…...

Hi, How is the camino San Salavador? Albergues water etc.. Tks

I’ll probably see you there as that is my start date on the Camino Madrid as well. I plan to go by the Church of Santiago y San Juan and get my stamp the day before so I can start walking whenever I want on the 23rd!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You'll find answers in the Camino del Salvador subforum: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-del-salvador-leon-oviedo.54/.

And also on Gronze.

It's a physically demanding Camino, but there are enough albergues and other accommodations to divide it into as many as 9 stages.

I’ll probably see you there as that is my start date on the Camino Madrid as well. I plan to go by the Church of Santiago y San Juan and get my stamp the day before so I can start walking whenever I want on the 23rd!
I will probably be there some time after 9 Sep, which is my wedding anniversary!

No problem at all. Plenty of good resources such as apps and tracks. However, I was only on the SS for 3 days as I walked Vegacervera to Poladura Via Buiza 27km, Poladura to Pola de Lena 41 kms, then Pola de Lena to Oviedo 32kms. Details are here (if you are bored!) - https://mikesroaming.blogspot.com/

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The church is open for limited hours so please check in advance ( as I should have done).
Buen Camino

Thanks! I saw their hours, that’s why I’m going stop by the day before to make it easier.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Did you do the Olvidado SanSalvador and Primitivo in one go or as separate caminos? We are planning to walk the Olivdado in early June. We did the Camino Madrid last year - below is a ten minute, very quick link to our overview. Too hot really as we walked late June early July - but we really enjoyed it. Very quiet and not a lot of peregrinos/as.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Did you do the Olvidado SanSalvador and Primitivo in one go or as separate caminos? We are planning to walk the Olivdado in early June. We did the Camino Madrid last year - below is a ten minute, very quick link to our overview. Too hot really as we walked late June early July - but we really enjoyed it. Very quiet and not a lot of peregrinos/as.

I walked the Olvidado until in crossed the San Salvador then headed north to Olviedo and then the Primitivo to SdC.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back