• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Off on Friday - Florence to Rome

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
No matter how many routes I have walked the excitement remains the same. Flights are book - on Friday I fly from Santiago to Madrid and then to Florence. I'll spend some time there then start walking to the Eternal City via Assisi. My rucksack is weighing in at 6kgs and I'm happy.

Buen camino to everyone else walking or setting out.

John
Buen camino, John.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino from us both :)

Buon viaggio!

Have a great walk. My wife and I walked from Dovadola to Assisi in 2014 and from Assisi to Rome in 2015. Arriving in Rome on foot as a pilgrim was unbelievably moving - right up there with arriving in Santiago after the CF. I think you will love it.

Hope people in Italy are a wonderfully helpful to you as you have been to so many of us!

Karl

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Have a safe trip, and have fun. We shall look forward to your postings. Florence, Assisi, Rome makes a very nice itinerary, and it gives you a bit of relief from the Galician winter weather. Enjoy.

John and Robin

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen camino john.

Take care, be safe.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
No matter how many routes I have walked the excitement remains the same. Flights are book - on Friday I fly from Santiago to Madrid and then to Florence. I'll spend some time there then start walking to the Eternal City via Assisi. My rucksack is weighing in at 6kgs and I'm happy.

John

Travel well, don't be surprised if we pass each other while I'm on my way from Rome to Santiago starting a week later.

John
Remember, stay in the middle of Italy. That way walking from Florance to Rome is all down hill ;). Have a safe journey Johnny Walker.
Buen what ever your walking

Happy Trails

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Looks like we'll have a near-miss then as I'm arriving in Porto next Thursday to walk the Portugues :) Will be using your guide - I found your guide to the Ingles very handy when I walked with our mutual friend Andy last year. I walked the VF from Canterbury to Rome last summer and loved it. Something very special about Tuscany. Wishing you all the best! Please give the Big Man my regards too :)

Roland

You are one of the luckiest men alive right now!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back