• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Official Camino Passport and stamps

Olena_Traveler

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planing to walk the Camino in 2018
Hello!
I am planning to start my trip from
Bayonne in June. I have two questions according to Official Camino Passport
1. Where can I buy the passport in Bayonne? Or is it better to buy it online in advance?
2. If I am planning to sleep in the tent mostly (not in the Albergues) where can I get the stamps to my Camino Passport? and how many of stamps should it be?
Thank you in advance!!

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Additional question:

3) Where is the best place to get your 1st starting Cello for the Camino del Norte in Bayonne?

I have been told the traditional 1st Cello for the Camino del Norte is the Cathédrale Sainte-Marie de Bayonne?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just curious why you're starting in Bayonne?
Just curious why you're carrying a tent?
Just curious :)
I will be in Bayonne before my trip (probably I will move to Saint-Jean-de-Luz, Idon't know yet). And I will travel through mountains part of the road and don't want to have a problem with a place to sleep - that is why - tent.

Why not order a credential from Ivar at the forum store...Casa Ivar https://www.santiagodecompostela.me...passport-from-the-pilgrims-office-in-santiago

You have plenty of time before June to receive it. That way it will be one less thing to be concerned with before you start walking.
Sellos (stamps} can be obtained almost everywhere along the Camino del Norte and others....bars, churches, shops, even locals with a table and a stamp along the way. I would think that Bayonne may be a bit more difficult due as it is not a highly traveled camino route. I would try at the cathedral in Bayonne.

Most pilgrims (modern) consider Irun as the starting point of the Norte....starting in Bayonne is a plus.

Last edited:
There is a desk inside the cathedral on the right side towards the altar where you can get credencials and a stamp. You can get stamps in churches and bars along the way.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
You should find little problem with places to sleep. There could be more of a problem with camping although there are some camp sites. Wild camping is not appreciated and is actually illegal in Asturias so maybe best to lighten your load, ditch the tent and sleep in the albergues.

Most read last week in this forum

I walked the Camino Francés in Octobee 2022, from Villafranca del Bierzo to Santiago de Compostela, and loved it. I would like to walk the Camino del Norte as I'm drawn to the coast, culture and...
Hello everyone. I know that pre-booking accommodation has been discussed many, many times, so apologies but I wanted to be quite specific. We are walking from Irún to Bilbao in the first week of...
Hello! I am visiting Northern Spain for the first time this June and would am planning on hiking a small segment of the Camino. I've done a little research and decided to hike between Zarautz and...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back